Who's from Long Island, NY

Another Long Island family has just joined DVC...us! I was raised in Mineola, my wife in Bay Shore. We lived in a co-op in RVC for a few years, then in 1995 we moved to our house in Massapequa and have 3 children. We are very happy here, but I do agree with an earlier poster - I do not like winter weather anymore.
Growing up here I love the beach and I could not imagine living anywhere that is more than an hour from the ocean.

Hi! I was raised in Manhasset and now live in Massapequa. We joined DVC late 2003.:D

WOW, just found this thread. Amazing how many people are here on Long Island.

I was born in Greenwich CT, moved to Laurel Hollow, LI when I was starting 5th grade. Graduated from Cold Spring Harbor High School in '75 (man that sounds sooooo long ago). Married and lived in Hicksville for 6 years, then moved to Patchogue for 3 years and then Hampton Bays. We've been in Hampton Bays for 16 years now. Absolutely love LI, EVEN the winters. Used to joke that the next time we moved, we'd be living in the water off Montauk if we kept going east. However, we are staying put for a long, long time.

:wave: West I slip girl here....class of 1983. DH was born and raised in Port Jeff (class of somewhere in the mid to late seventies...I can't remember). But my father in law was the Riverhead School system superintendent and BBall and track coaches in both Port Jeff and Riverhead I think, back in the late 60's and through the 70's. My family still lives in Levittown today, though we are upstate.

Born and raised in Hicksville, Class of 95. Recently moved out to
Ronkonkoma.

Trying to convince DW that DVC is right for us!!!!

Calverton here!

Grew up in E. Patchogue
Went to Bellport HS
Did morning news with Chaz and AJ on WRCN for about a year from 2000-2001

Count me in...

I live in Massapequa grew up in Massapequa Park.

Bought into SSR last OCT

Wow, that's three from Massapequa and one from Seaford in the last 7 or so posts!

Lot of Suffolk County folks here! We are from Eastport, originally from Rocky Point. Have to check with a coworker from Rocky Point if he has seen those plates around town!

Born in Brooklyn, Moves out EAST to Island Trees (Levittown)(Mom still there). Went to HS in RVC (St. Agnes). Married at USMMA @ Kings Point. Now live in Greenfield Center, Saratoga Springs Schools.
Our kids are upstaters (snobs). They can't wait to wear their Saratoga Springs HS sweats & tee's when we stay at SSR next.

Born and raised - Nassau County! Valley Stream & Woodmere.
Let me know if ever there are plans for a LI DVC meet & greet:)

Grew up in Albertson.....

Moved to Plainview in 96

Moved to 2nd house in Plainview in 2002

Moved back to Albertson in 2004

Moving to Melville in 2005 once our home is finished being built

-Vince

Grew up in Plainview and Smithtown. Lived in Ronkonkoma from 79-89. In Shoreham since 1989.

Love the LI beaches. Hate the traffic.

Would like to relocate to a warmer climate after retirement.

Originally posted by plamp
Wow, that's three from Massapequa and one from Seaford in the last 7 or so posts!

My DVC Guide told me that NY is the state with the most DVC members.

We used to live in East Northport up until last Thursday, now we live in Fairport, NY (20 minutes east of Rochester)

I drive a black p/u with license plate MGKKGDM and plenty of Disney decals on the rear window, usually have a camo ant topper, but just got the AK Mickey which will go on tommorow morning.

Been DVC members for 4 years

Have a magical day....
Paul

:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter