Who's from Long Island, NY

HI! :wave:

Born and raised in Lake Ronkonkoma, Sachem grad '87. Moved to Uniondale for college (Hofstra grad). Got married (DH is from Westbury) and moved to Ronkonkoma and now we're living and raising our DS-almost5 and DD-4months in Blue Point. And after our last move, the only way I am leaving this house is when they carry me out on a stretcher LOL

Hi living in Amityville, born in Lindenhurst, DH from Port Washington. We lived in Holbrook for the first 2 years after we married then to Amityville for the LIRR access. Met Kathleena through the boards. She lived next door to my Uncle in Amityville growing up. Our sons live in Boston and NYC. Can't think of one reason to leave here. I did see a van at the Waldbaums in Massapequa with DVC plates. Could not wait around to see who it belonged to.

Hi Maureen!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

I was just talking about you to my dad. Someone got in touch with him about the fire dept - they are doing a 100 year tribute and are looking for photos.

His son is good friends with someone I work with! I'm hearing that Small World song playing again!

Originally posted by THE WIGGLES
After reading the post about N.J. I just knew that the Islanders would pull together.

I grew up in Bellport ( Class of 87) and my wife is from Miller Place ( class of 89). We have resided in Wading River for the past 6 years and love LONG ISLAND.

Some of our local Favorites:
*Briermere Farms, Baiting Hollow - Pies and cookies.
*Lewin's Farm Stand, Wading River
*Tanger Outlets, Riverhead
*Peconic Bay Beach, Hampton Bays
*Wild Wood State Park, Wading River
*Gateway Playhouse, Bellport
*Mamma Lombardis, Holbrook - Pizza and panninis
* Pasta Pasta, Port Jefferson
* McNulty's Ice Cream, Miller Place

I grew up in Shoreham and my parents still live there so reading this thread is so funny for me. Who knew there'd be so many people from the north shore of central Suffolk county??

I live in Philadelphia now (must say I don't really miss LI, but that's just me) but there certainly is no where better to get Italian food than Long Island. I sometimes dream about the fried calamari from Mama Lombardis.... Yum! :)

Franklin Square here for 30 years love this place. Love the Island did not know so many disney people on the Island. I will be looking for all those Lic. plates when I drive around glad to know I have lots of company who loves Disney in my backyard

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Can't forget...If I may...

* Phil's Pub and Restaurant in Wading River
* All the GREAT North Fork Vineyards
* Salsa, Salsa in Prot Jeff.
* The Elk Street Grill in Prot is a must..Great Martinis!!!!

Rob

I saw a license plate in Lake Ronkonkoma this afternoon that said: MGK KGDM on a black pickup truck.

They had the Been There, Done That, Going Back... license plate holder, some of the white car stickers and an antenna topper.

I wonder if they are on the boards somewhere. :)

Cindy from Smithtown, NY. ;)

When I first started posting on this board I saw that truck and posted about it. I saw it in Hauppague. That is cool you had the siting too. No one replied about being the owner so they may not know about the disboards (gasp).

Oh yeah I have to add to the list of places.....McNulty's ice cream :)
YUM YUM

Originally posted by LiloH
I grew up in Shoreham and my parents still live there so reading this thread is so funny for me. Who knew there'd be so many people from the north shore of central Suffolk county??

I live in Philadelphia now (must say I don't really miss LI, but that's just me) but there certainly is no where better to get Italian food than Long Island. I sometimes dream about the fried calamari from Mama Lombardis.... Yum! :)

actually that is great to hear that you do not miss LI. We want to move but always hold back for fear we would not like it somewhere else. And as far as momma lombardis they have GREAT food but at least 4 times a year I swear off to the place because of the lousy service. I have never seen such bad customer service in my life!

We are on North Patchogue, raised in Sayville. Own at BCV and did an add-on there too! Dont have a Custom Plate but do have a BCV Oval Sticker, License Plate Frame, Mickey Mouse Sticker on the side and Pluto hanging from the Window. (No attenna topper, only cause this van has the antenna built into the windshield!).

Heading south, again, for the MNSSHP!
Southwest at $49 and a new terminal at the Airport, how could we resist.

Matt

WOW...lots of us! Born and raised in Commack (class of 78), then moved to Lindenhurst, then Centereach and settled in Holtsville about 7 years ago.

Wantagh/Levittown area here!! While I don't have a Disney license plate, you can't miss me. I drive a Yellow Aztek!! :teeth:

I was born in Bay shore in 1968 lived in Holbrook until 1977. My dad was relocated to Oregon been here 27 years.

Annette:earsgirl:

DH and I born and raised in Deer Park. Now live in Port Jeff Sta. for the last three years.

First trip home to SSR in October.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter