Whooohooo, time to start planning

slight update for 09. Now that we own more DVC we are going to go and stay at AKV or BCV for 13 nights!!

I love the longer stays. Don't forget about Seaworld - remember what Pete said about the tours. I have done the lunch backstage for the Shamu show (I don't remember the name right now) but that was great. I felt it was worth it - good buffet, we got to sit right by the water -with a whale swimming by every few minutes, and got to see the Backstage of a show that was in progress. Just before being lead to our reserved seating area they came around and made sure no one wanted any more complimentary beverages to take into the show with them (bottled water was not included though - go figure

AND I have only done the Wishes cruise but DD7 has done it twice & loves it - the last time we were with another family and all the girls (6,6 and 12 at the time) loved it.

I love the longer stays. Don't forget about Seaworld - remember what Pete said about the tours. I have done the lunch backstage for the Shamu show (I don't remember the name right now) but that was great. I felt it was worth it - good buffet, we got to sit right by the water -with a whale swimming by every few minutes, and got to see the Backstage of a show that was in progress. Just before being lead to our reserved seating area they came around and made sure no one wanted any more complimentary beverages to take into the show with them (bottled water was not included though - go figure

AND I have only done the Wishes cruise but DD7 has done it twice & loves it - the last time we were with another family and all the girls (6,6 and 12 at the time) loved it.

Great ideas! We did do the tour at Seaworld this past xmas and it was indeed AWESOME!! We did the 7 hours adventure express tour, it was worth every penny. We got to pet the penquins and get to the front of the line on most of the rides. It was invaluable at Christmas time. I highly recommend it. It also included lunch with Shamu so we decided to cancel our plans for Dine with Shamu the next day.

With a stay that long, I would definitely split it between two resorts. You also may want to consider renting DVC points to stay in a 1 bedroom or larger villa with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. :)

ITA!!! :smickey: I would think that staying in a one bedroom villa would be the best idea or possibly a cabin at Ft. Wilderness, especially during the holidays with all the campers there that put up their own holiday displays. It's supposed to be really cool.

That way, you'd have some privacy, a few more "comforts of home". Although a one bedroom villa might be best due to the washer/dryer.

Edited: Well seems you already have your Dream Villa and honestly, that sounds delightful!

yeah, you should take one night to go see all the holiday displays in FW. we saw some last time on our way to hoop dee doo and it was awesome! maybe even rent a golf cart and drive around FW to see them all one evening- that would be fun.

The Gaylord is very nice and fun for a short visit- it'd would be nice to run over and have lunch or dinner and see ICE. The old hickory steakhouse is pretty good and they have a nice little martini bar too. I've stayed there multiple times on business and it is beautiful.

you guys will have such a blast in 14 days! How old are your boys?

We try and take a 9-10 day trip every few years and we think that works well for us. If we could afford the time off for 2 weeks, we would! :wizard:

ITA!!! :smickey: I would think that staying in a one bedroom villa would be the best idea or possibly a cabin at Ft. Wilderness, especially during the holidays with all the campers there that put up their own holiday displays. It's supposed to be really cool.

That way, you'd have some privacy, a few more "comforts of home". Although a one bedroom villa might be best due to the washer/dryer.

Edited: Well seems you already have your Dream Villa and honestly, that sounds delightful!

We recently purchased more DVC points and are now considering switching to stay at AKV. We are going to see how we like it in May.....although I will be booking it in Jan just in case. We might consider doing a split if we can get into the BCV for half and half.

we are in talks to take a summer trip with friends on Aug 09 since we are buying APs for the December trip.

Are you still planning a trip for Aug 09? We are staying at AKV for two weeks starting on Aug 11th. That is a popular time for vacation.......another Dis meet maybe? The first beer is on me if we run into each other. :thumbsup2

Are you still planning a trip for Aug 09? We are staying at AKV for two weeks starting on Aug 11th. That is a popular time for vacation.......another Dis meet maybe? The first beer is on me if we run into each other. :thumbsup2

That trip got moved when we decided to do that podcast cruise and xmas 2009.

And just because you meet me doesn't mean you have to pour beer on yourself...what a waste of good beer....

Has anyone done the mystery dinner on I drive? or Capones?

Thought I'd dig this thread out of the basement. I said I'd keep it alive until xmas 2009!

Kind of fun reading old conversations to/with people I had yet to meet at that point.

Anyway, we are now booked for BCV for 7 nights, 2 nights with the inlaws and then 5 nights at AKV-Kidani. We really enjoyed Kidani, but didn't see the advantage to the Savannah View. Our kids were not that into it and we are not really balcony people. Thus we are in deck 1 again on the next cruise!

I'm still going over ideas for "other" things to do. With Dian-er's review of the Pirate show that might be something for us to do for sure.

Okay, finally talked my DW into another trip. Sounds great hu, the only downside is she agreed to go for christmas 2009. The best part is however is she agreed to go for 14 nights!! This will be our longest trip ever. The early plan is to go down before christmas until new years. So I have a year and a half to plan.

Where should we stay for that long? Should we hop hotels or stay in one spot? The idea for the long trip is so we can do that parks early then do the "other" Orlando for several days. We want to do the Wine Bar after seeing it on Great Weekends on Travel Channel. Several other things we want to do outside the parks. Its never to early to brainstorm. All help and input is wanted!!

Awww Donnie, this is before I "knew" you. :hug: :laughing:

I missed this thread first time around (I think). Sounds like a really good time. I'm thinking of taking a solo trip for Disapalooza if I find that there are enough other solo people.

I missed this thread first time around (I think). Sounds like a really good time. I'm thinking of taking a solo trip for Disapalooza if I find that there are enough other solo people.
I'm going solo for Dis-A-Palooza! :)
Not only that, but Puck and I are doing a hook-up during his X-Mas trip!

{thinks outloud} Should I take a friend again? hmmm...nows the time to ask the kids, so they don't wait till the last minute to invite someone :scared1:

Ooooh Ooooh PICK ME (you might need a babysitter!)!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter