Who will be at the Poly in August 2012?

We had a "slight" change of plans so we won't be Tambu-ing on the 5th :( BUT we will be Tambu-ing all day on the 6th. We are at the Poly all day--no plans :)

This is going to be the LONGEST week ever! Can't wait for this trip.... If anyone want to Tambu (lol--love it) on the 6th let us know! I can't wait to meet some fellow Dis'ers...

:dance3: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :cheer2: :wave2:

We had a "slight" change of plans so we won't be Tambu-ing on the 5th :( BUT we will be Tambu-ing all day on the 6th. We are at the Poly all day--no plans :)

This is going to be the LONGEST week ever! Can't wait for this trip.... If anyone want to Tambu (lol--love it) on the 6th let us know! I can't wait to meet some fellow Dis'ers...

:dance3: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :cheer2: :wave2:

Sorry to miss you on the 5th! We have Epcot rope drop and lunch at Biergarten on the 6th. I was hoping to come back to the Poly for a break before heading back to Epcot for some early evening entertainment and a snack before IllumiNations...but we're not ALWAYS so successful at fitting in those breaks. ;) I have a Droid phone and will be doing brief updates on a live trip report and also I will be able to PM you. Will you have access to The DIS on your trip?

I have a question and this seems like a small and friendly group to ask. I've never stayed CL before and I'm wondering what the etiquette is around the lounge - what to wear in there, etc., and taking food or drinks out of there. Can someone share their experience?

Thanks! NINE DAYS! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Sorry to miss you on the 5th! We have Epcot rope drop and lunch at Biergarten on the 6th. I was hoping to come back to the Poly for a break before heading back to Epcot for some early evening entertainment and a snack before IllumiNations...but we're not ALWAYS so successful at fitting in those breaks. ;) I have a Droid phone and will be doing brief updates on a live trip report and also I will be able to PM you. Will you have access to The DIS on your trip?

Sounds great--I'll be checking in on the boards during my trip :)

While I have the feeling that we will run into each other pretty frequently, we will be "Tambu-ing":cool1: it real soon....

Sunday, August 5th, 5:30?

Friday, August 10th. 7PM?

Anyone have any other thoughts on times?

Fightinillini and I are pretty flexible. 5:30 sounds good! :dance3:

Friday is probably a little too far out for us to know quite yet. 7 seems like it might work.

FYI--

For anyone interested--

TODAY'S ORLANDO GROUPON:

Parasailing at the Contemporary--Sammy Duvall's

Choose Between Two Options
•$57 for a single-passenger parasailing flight (a $95 value)
•$102 for a tandem-passenger parasailing flight (a $170 value)

I'm Sooooooooooo excited for this. I was going to get this as a surprise for my boys & I was planning on spending $170!

Off to order :) :banana: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :dance3: :woohoo:

FYI--

For anyone interested--

TODAY'S ORLANDO GROUPON:

I'm Sooooooooooo excited for this. I was going to get this as a surprise for my boys & I was planning on spending $170!

So cool! I will definitely check this out! Thanks!

I have a question and this seems like a small and friendly group to ask. I've never stayed CL before and I'm wondering what the etiquette is around the lounge - what to wear in there, etc., and taking food or drinks out of there. Can someone share their experience?

Thanks! NINE DAYS! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You are allowed to take food and drink back to your room...as much as you want. It is there for your use, so if you'd rather enjoy it in the privacy of your own room, do it! Enjoy some goodies on your own balcony! Grab some water for your day! As for dress...I would say that whatever you would wear out in public is fine. Bathing suit with a cover-up and something on your feet is fine. I wouldn't do pajamas and slippers. That is generally frowned upon, but people do it (especially little kids)!

If I calculate correctly, you are getting married today, or is it next week?! Happy wedding day, if today is the day! :love:

Well, I just found out I won't have a job when I get back from vacation.

So sorry. That is terrile news! It seems that the job has been making you pretty miserable lately, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise? I agree with McDomzal, extra Lapu Lapus for you! And hugs! :hug:

Sounds great--I'll be checking in on the boards during my trip :)

Great! Check in on Monday and see if we're heading back for a break!

Fightinillini and I are pretty flexible. 5:30 sounds good! :dance3:

Friday is probably a little too far out for us to know quite yet. 7 seems like it might work.

5:30 it is, folks!!

FYI--

For anyone interested--

TODAY'S ORLANDO GROUPON:

We were thinking of maybe parasailing our first day at the contemporary. Now it's almost assured! Thank you so much! :banana:

FYI--

For anyone interested--

TODAY'S ORLANDO GROUPON:

As a GROUPON newbie... If I purchase the deal today, when do I have to use them by? The deal expires in 4 days, but I hope that is just to purchase the deal, and not to use it. Any clarification you can provide is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup2

Hellooo

The wedding is next Saturday. :) Can't wait. I imagine we'll see some of you in the lounge...I am terrible with names but we'll usually be wearing matching Disney shirts. I'm 6feet tall and blonde so sometimes hard to miss. :) Would love to say hello and have a drink with anyone - do feel free to say hi! My real name is Beth ;)

Finished getting our last minute supplies at Target this AM. We are ready to go!!!!! I work 4 days this week then off for 21 days - 14 of them will be in FL...........

This Weeks To Do List: Nails, Pedicure, Haircut, Cash in change, stop mail & go to Disney!

Can't wait !!!

:dance3: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :cheer2: :rotfl:

Hellooo

The wedding is next Saturday. :) Can't wait. I imagine we'll see some of you in the lounge...I am terrible with names but we'll usually be wearing matching Disney shirts. I'm 6feet tall and blonde so sometimes hard to miss. :) Would love to say hello and have a drink with anyone - do feel free to say hi! My real name is Beth ;)

I'll be looking for you, not in the lounge, but around the Poly! Have a wonderful week and wedding...see you in WDW!

Finished getting our last minute supplies at Target this AM. We are ready to go!!!!! I work 4 days this week then off for 21 days - 14 of them will be in FL...........

This Weeks To Do List: Nails, Pedicure, Haircut, Cash in change, stop mail & go to Disney!

Can't wait !!!

:dance3: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :cheer2: :rotfl:

I don't feel nearly as ready as you are! I am working tonight, tomorrow night and Tuesday night. Wednesday is Belle's birthday! We are going for our pedicures that day. Thursday is cleaning/packing day!! And then we are off on Friday!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

And thanks to that great groupon you pointed us to, we are going parasailing from the CR on the afternoon of arrival!! Beyond excited...and a little bit scared!

:dance3::crazy2:

Happy Monday, everyone! :thumbsup2

I have a couple of questions for you guys.

First the easy one, does anyone know how much it costs to do a load of laundry at the Poly - wash and dry? Did it last time but can't remember. Want to bring quarters.

Now the harder one...do you guys pay the extra for park hoppers? When we first started going to WDW (before FP) we did. Then when FP came we stopped because we would save FPs to use at night. Now with the enforcement of FP times, we are questioning what our strategy should be. At $57pp it isn't exactly cheap... Just looking for some input :confused3

For those of you who have gone at this time of year before...what kind of crowds are we looking at next week? I've been a few times at the end of August and we are actually taking the kids on a Familymoon from August 25 - August 31 and I loooove the crowd levels then...how much more crowded are we looking at next week?

Thanks!!! :banana:

Beth

Happy Monday, everyone! :thumbsup2

I have a couple of questions for you guys.

First the easy one, does anyone know how much it costs to do a load of laundry at the Poly - wash and dry? Did it last time but can't remember. Want to bring quarters.

Now the harder one...do you guys pay the extra for park hoppers? When we first started going to WDW (before FP) we did. Then when FP came we stopped because we would save FPs to use at night. Now with the enforcement of FP times, we are questioning what our strategy should be. At $57pp it isn't exactly cheap... Just looking for some input :confused3

I think the laundry was $2 for wash and $2 for dry? I can't remember exactly, but it seemed like an exceedingly large stack of quarters in each machine. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

We don't purchase PHs. We use the easywdw crowd calendar and the TouringPlans website and match them up. They don't always agree, but we try to come up with our best guess based on the two together. We don't use EMH, either, as a general rule, but this time we are trying one EMH evening at MK. In the days we purchased the PHs, we used to go to EMH morning and then a different park at night. Too complicated now, and we don't want to get up that early...and have found that it isn't necessary.

For those of you who have gone at this time of year before...what kind of crowds are we looking at next week? I've been a few times at the end of August and we are actually taking the kids on a Familymoon from August 25 - August 31 and I loooove the crowd levels then...how much more crowded are we looking at next week?

Thanks!!! :banana:

Beth

Beth, it's not THAT different from late August (maybe a little more crowded), with the exception of the occasional really large tour group. AVOID the people in bright shirts at the FP machines. They stand there for minutes and minutes collecting hundreds of FPs at one time. If you see one of them, go to a different machine. The tour groups clear out mostly by the end of July, but I imagine there will be a few left next week.

Honestly, when we went at this time in 2010, we found the biggest crowds in the Poly pool in the late afternoons...it was way too hot for the parks in the afternoon that year (record-breaking heat wave), and the volcano pool was so crowded it was impossible to enjoy. Not so impossible that we wouldn't try it again this year, though. We are hopeful that we will find fewer pool hoppers this year thanks to lifeguards checking IDs on especially crowded days. And if we find the pools too crowded this time around, we'll just Tambu it up!

Beth, it's not THAT different from late August (maybe a little more crowded), with the exception of the occasional really large tour group. AVOID the people in bright shirts at the FP machines. They stand there for minutes and minutes collecting hundreds of FPs at one time. If you see one of them, go to a different machine. The tour groups clear out mostly by the end of July, but I imagine there will be a few left next week.

If memory serves me, I believe that our new numerical term for the number of yellow-shirted tourists was "brazillion"... :rotfl2:

Seriously though, do not get on a FP line behind even one. 2 trips ago I was 4th on the FP line for TSM. Waited close to 10 minutes behind 1 tour group FP getter. Those 10 minutes made the standby line for TSM impossible. :sad2:

If memory serves me, I believe that our new numerical term for the number of yellow-shirted tourists was "brazillion"... :rotfl2:

Seriously though, do not get on a FP line behind even one. 2 trips ago I was 4th on the FP line for TSM. Waited close to 10 minutes behind 1 tour group FP getter. Those 10 minutes made the standby line for TSM impossible. :sad2:

:lmao:

I am currently on the phone with Disney...but for a client! I have a super busy day getting stuff in order for our trip and this client is driving me BANANAS! But it's all good because he keeps referring me new clients. :thumbsup2

Today's agenda includes a hematologist appointment for DD, renewing DS' insurance, returning stuff from QVC :-)rolleyes:), picking up last minute stuff from CVS, and calling my HR department. Hopefully with a nap worked in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter