Who will be at the Poly in August 2012?

Seriously thinking about staying up until Midnight tonight so I can check-in online at 12:01...anyone with me?? :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

The DKs have gotten into the habit of staying up and announcing the DTD count at midnight.

Does this count as parental abuse? Or just a bad infection?

That's great! :lmao:

I just completed our online check-in....we are checked-in at the Poly!!! :yay::yay:

I haven't checked in online yet. Still debating. We will be checking in at about 10:30 am. Do you all think it would be better to check in online or wait and do it in person because then we could talk to the CM and kind of see what's going to be available that day as people check out. BTW we would like Niue first floor. :confused3

Also,Dani, you are a Disney TA?? :eek: My dream job!!!!

25 days and counting! Time to do the fine-tuning of the touring plans!:cool1:

YAY!!! I am all upside down about FP enforcement, I'm not sure how that will impact us.

The DKs have gotten into the habit of staying up and announcing the DTD count at midnight.

Does this count as parental abuse? Or just a bad infection?

Definitely not abuse. They have awesome parents who have instilled fabulous priorities. It must be an infection!

I wimped out and went to sleep...but I checked in this morning!

:yay::dance3::yay::dance3::yay::dance3:

If the system is like the dining system, you wouldn't have been able to check in until 6 this morning anyway. But you never know with the Disney website! Congrats on checking in!!!

That's great! :lmao:

I just completed our online check-in....we are checked-in at the Poly!!! :yay::yay:

WAHOOOO!!!

I haven't checked in online yet. Still debating. We will be checking in at about 10:30 am. Do you all think it would be better to check in online or wait and do it in person because then we could talk to the CM and kind of see what's going to be available that day as people check out. BTW we would like Niue first floor. :confused3

It would be to your benefit to check in online, I'd think, as you can request Niue, ground floor (you are allowed to enter 2 requests). Because you are arriving early, you will STILL be able to talk to a kind CM and see what's available, if you change your mind! Some think that checking in online could be a disadvantage for getting upgraded, but I have heard of people getting upgrades even though they checked in online, so I don't know...

When you do your online check-in you can request both of those things! :thumbsup2

And yes, I started this year!

It would be to your benefit to check in online, I'd think, as you can request Niue, ground floor (you are allowed to enter 2 requests). Because you are arriving early, you will STILL be able to talk to a kind CM and see what's available, if you change your mind! Some think that checking in online could be a disadvantage for getting upgraded, but I have heard of people getting upgrades even though they checked in online, so I don't know...

The secret upgrade! This is my first time at the Poly and we have a standard garden view. Our TA sent in the request for a room in Samoa with a patio/balcony. What types of "upgrades" can one randomly get upon arrival? Also, how do you "hint" that you'd like one? :scratchin

The secret upgrade! This is my first time at the Poly and we have a standard garden view. Our TA sent in the request for a room in Samoa with a patio/balcony. What types of "upgrades" can one randomly get upon arrival? Also, how do you "hint" that you'd like one? :scratchin

We have the same level booked and the same requests! As for complementary upgrades, we have never received one, nor would we ask for one. I don't know about "hints." Maybe someone else can help with this?

Checked in online last evening! :cool1: I agree, I don't get the patio vs ground floor thing. I finally decided to go with ground floor because I want to be on the ground floor, I don't really care if I have a patio though I am pretty sure they are mutually inclusive. :confused3

I can't even believe that next weekend we will be there! I have to get everyone to decide what clothes they are bringing this weekend so I can make sure it's all clean. (I am probably way behind the rest of you when it comes to packing.)

We'll be there August 6-10!! So looking forward to it- my Mom, 11 yr old son and myself. Mom's first trip to the Poly and my second.:cheer2:

Checked in online last evening! :cool1: I agree, I don't get the patio vs ground floor thing. I finally decided to go with ground floor because I want to be on the ground floor, I don't really care if I have a patio though I am pretty sure they are mutually inclusive. :confused3

I can't even believe that next weekend we will be there! I have to get everyone to decide what clothes they are bringing this weekend so I can make sure it's all clean. (I am probably way behind the rest of you when it comes to packing.)

A CM told us that they have those 2 separate categories "ground floor" and "patio" because they apply to ALL Disney resorts, not just the Poly. First of all, that list of requests is obviously very specific to the Poly, since all of the longhouses are listed. Second...there is no scenario that I can inagine at any resort where a patio would not be on a ground floor. :confused3 Are there rooftop patios at DVC resorts?

We are actually not that far along on the packing either. I just started this afternoon. Picked out the bathing suit that is going with me on the plane...put in a zip-lock bag with a pair of clean undies. Now I'm pretty much set for the first day ;)!

We'll be there August 6-10!! So looking forward to it- my Mom, 11 yr old son and myself. Mom's first trip to the Poly and my second.:cheer2:

Welcome! :cheer2: We overlap so maybe we'll see each other at the pool! Adding you to the list in post #2!

While I have the feeling that we will run into each other pretty frequently, we will be "Tambu-ing":cool1: it real soon....

Sunday, August 5th, 5:30?

Friday, August 10th. 7PM?

Anyone have any other thoughts on times?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter