Who to Contact about Room Condition?

VLee

DIS Veteran
We just returned and had a couple of very minor issues with maintenance of items. I had to call maintenance on a couple of occasions. The first (very minor) was that the 2 hairdryers in our 2 BR unit were bad. One did not work at all and one had a short in the cord. Easily fixed, but still a nuisance when one has just shampooed to learn of this.
The second one was a kitchen sink which did not drain. I called for maintenance as we left that morning to the parks and it was fixed upon our return.
The third one was the condition of the kitchen stove top at VWL. Only 1 out of 4 burners worked and it was wobbling and too small for the size pan I was using.
You would think that they would have a regular maintenance team that visits rooms to look for that kind of problem with the stove--without waiting for it to be reported, since it was observable.

We just returned and had a couple of very minor issues with maintenance of items. I had to call maintenance on a couple of occasions. The first (very minor) was that the 2 hairdryers in our 2 BR unit were bad. One did not work at all and one had a short in the cord. Easily fixed, but still a nuisance when one has just shampooed to learn of this.
The second one was a kitchen sink which did not drain. I called for maintenance as we left that morning to the parks and it was fixed upon our return.
The third one was the condition of the kitchen stove top at VWL. Only 1 out of 4 burners worked and it was wobbling and too small for the size pan I was using.
You would think that they would have a regular maintenance team that visits rooms to look for that kind of problem with the stove--without waiting for it to be reported, since it was observable.

Maintance is who you would call. Unfortunatly not everyone does so repairs get missed.

Denise in MI

We had a dryer that only barely worked last Feb. This was important, because we had booked the room for ONE night, and we'd booked a one bedroom instead of a studio, specifically so we could do a bunch of laundry.

Talked to the front desk, talked to maintenance. Nothing was done (or could be done, since we got in so late and had very limited time), but worse, no one seemed to care at all.

So when we got home, I wrote to member satisfaction. Heard back. THEY seemed to care, and hopefully got it fixed.

As members we can forget about housekeeping reporting these maintenance issues, as it is obvious they don't; which was very evident in our BCV room in December.

As members we have to do it, and if they don't fix it while you are there, be sure to let Member Satisfaction know.

I would email them and let them know what was wrong, what was fixed during your stay and what was not.

I find I get a quicker response if I use the Contact Us link on the Member website.

You would imagine that, in general, the rooms would be kept in better condition. Two weeks ago, we stayed in a two bedroom villa at AKL and two lamps did not work. I immediately called so that new lightbulbs could be screwed in but they were never delivered. This kind of did matter because the rooms are dim as is.

Definitely did have a wonderful trip but Disney must work harder to keep DVC members happier I think. We also went to Universal, for the very first time, and stayed on their property. I was super impressed with their staff and how quickly they saw to our every need. In addition, the express pass system works so much better than Fast Passes that we were blown away. We will always love Disney (I think Disney knows this) but I feel that if I am willing to commit to them for the next 45 years, little perks or maintenance items quickly fixed makes a huge difference with my overall experience.

Is there a phone number to Member Satisfaction (MS)? Why couldn't you contact MS while you were there during your vacation, if Maintenance doesn't respond in a timely fashion (say within 6-12') to whatever issue(s) you were having? Why should you wait until you get back home to contact MS with your complaints? If they can't respond in a timely fashion, it indicates, to me, they are understaffed in the best case scenario, or unconcerned in the worst case.

As members we can forget about housekeeping reporting these maintenance issues, as it is obvious they don't; which was very evident in our BCV room in December.

I agree with this. You would expect the housekeepers to make reports about room conditions but imho they just don't care. It is the job of the owners who stay in the rooms to make sure all repairs are made and the rooms are in good shape when we leave. If not then we are leaving the problem for the next owner who comes into the room.

Is there a phone number to Member Satisfaction (MS)? Why couldn't you contact MS while you were there during your vacation, if Maintenance doesn't respond in a timely fashion (say within 6-12') to whatever issue(s) you were having? Why should you wait until you get back home to contact MS with your complaints? If they can't respond in a timely fashion, it indicates, to me, they are understaffed in the best case scenario, or unconcerned in the worst case.

Because Member satisfaction is an "after the fact" group to help satisfy things that have NOT been done to your satisfaction while you were there. The OP did exactly what we as member are encouraged to do. If you see something wrong, call maintenance or housekeeping (depending on what the issue is). If it is NOT fixed either in a timely manner or at all, THAT is what you tell member satisfaction. MS usually gets back to you in a day or two, so if your sink is leaking you don't want to rely on them getting anything done for you. Also do NOT call the front desk. You don't really get the front desk when you do that, but instead reach a central call center. If you want the front desk, you need to physically go down there and speak to them in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter