Who Though This Was a Good Idea?

Turn the Page

DIS Veteran
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...st-award-to-13-year-old/ar-BBBxMuS?li=BBnbfcL

This falls into the "what the hell is wrong with people" category. I mean really. Who thinks this is an appropriate joke? And for a child no less.

I am not big on shaming teachers or minimizing what they do or willing to draw and quarter them over every little thing but if this were my child I would seriously consider pulling her out of this school. If the teachers are so dumb to think this is a good idea then I don't know that I would feel they had anything to teach my child.

Not appropriate at all. Especially at the age of 13 when you are still figuring out your sense of self and extremely vulnerable.

I know teachers have an incredibly hard job, and I respect what they do and deal with. But this was a bonehead move ... surprised not one of them stepped back for a minute to realize it wasn't a smart choice.

Those teachers should be fired on the spot. Not just for the joke, but for demonstrating to the school and the community that they have extremely poor judgement.

This is another mark against the school system. You just don't know what sort of people are educating your child.

Texas. Naturally.
Really? Wow...

I was stuck living in Channelview for a while many years ago and I was about to say that I wasn't surprised that some there would do something like this. But hateful behavior can come from anywhere.

Last edited:
Age doesn't matter here at all. I have no idea why any person would think it's appropriate to do that to another person. The subject matter itself isn't something you should joke about (at least IMO).

Not only that but the other fake awards mentioned in the article: "most likely to cry for every little thing” and “most likely to become homeless” are bad too. I mean geez what was the teacher's goals here??

Channelview, which previously blessed the world with cheerleader mom, Wanda Holloway.

The teachers of course have already been awarded the "most likely to become unemployed" and "most likely to throw their education away."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter