Which way to Disneyland? TR (comparison update 7/26)

Yep, great deal isn't it? I did call and asked a Disneyland CM for information. It was pretty evident he had no idea what he was talking about.:rolleyes: You'd think they'd train them better on new promotions.

He told me that the promotion was only good for DL hotels and not good neighbor hotels yet. However, on Disney's website it said very directly that good neighbor hotels were included and you could make the res. online.

He also told me if we had a pre-existing reservation and Disney does allow good neighbor hotels that you can use that reservation to rebook the new promotion. After reading the fine print online it says this cannot be done. Our hotel has no more availability during our stay so we would have to change hotels.

After looking at prices the Southern California City Pass still seems like the best deal. (Especially through Costco. It's another $130 cheaper than directly through Disney.)

It sounds like it may be possible to get an additional 2 days free to our 3 day ticket. If so that would be nice. We could enter the parks the day we arrive or the day we leave if need be.

I am very much like you in that I keep rethinking my decisions. It doesn't help to be "in the know" about all the good promotions and deals either. Of course you want to get the most bang for your buck.

My oldest DD would be so jelous of your DD and all the cute doll outfits. Our poor Disney Doll still only has one outfit.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for December. If all goes well we will pay the cruise off the end of September/early October. If free dining came available during December we might consider putting the cruise off till later and just doing WDW. It's hard to resist that free dining. Now that the promotion is out for September I have to keep reminding myself we've already decided against it.:laughing:

I am always looking for the best price out there. :goodvibes I hope those toys are still on sale when you go. I hope our paths cross in December. So many people are going the same week as us! If you get a cabin at Ft Wilderness you won't have to do dining. It has a full kitchen. It's a diiferent kind of Disney trip but we had a blast over there! If I go to DL I want to stay at the Dis hotels on property but I know it's gonna cost a fortune!

BTW way cool snow pics! Looks like fun. And the new chairs are nice! :thumbsup2

Wow, you got a lot of snow!!!! Brrrrrrrrr

Love, Love, Love the chairs!!!

Ariel's is definately more "proper" without a lot of playing where Goofy's has activities up by the buffet (usually twice during a meal). So it will depend on what you think they'd like best. We like both, but they are definately different styles of character meals.

Yep, I think I'd prefer Goofy's but I want whatever we do to be a perfect fit for DD's birthday!

I am always looking for the best price out there. :goodvibes I hope those toys are still on sale when you go. I hope our paths cross in December. So many people are going the same week as us! If you get a cabin at Ft Wilderness you won't have to do dining. It has a full kitchen. It's a diiferent kind of Disney trip but we had a blast over there! If I go to DL I want to stay at the Dis hotels on property but I know it's gonna cost a fortune!

BTW way cool snow pics! Looks like fun. And the new chairs are nice! :thumbsup2

I'm actually looking forward to staying in a non Disney hotel right across from DLR. That just is a foreign concept in WDW. The hotel we are staying at has a fun kids water park and is a favorite her on the DISboards.:banana:

Well I officially purchased our Southern California City Pass tickets today.:banana:

I discovered that Costco was offering free shipping today so I thought this would be the best time. A friend was able to lend us her Costco membership number. So, through Costco we saved $138 from the price we would have paid had we purchased the passes through Disney or elsewhere.:banana: Now w/ our plane tickets purchased, theme park tickets purchased, hotels reserved. IT FEELS REAL! No backing out now. Here we come Sunny California.:sunny:

I also got a great rate on a car rental for San Diego. Best rate I've seen to date.

Things left on to do list:

Purchase train tickets. (I heard there is a coupon for kids ride free Amtrak in the new Pinnochio movie. Since we plan to purchase the movie anyway I will purchase before booking train.)

DH and FIL need to decide what sort of tickets they will get.

Price rental cars for Anaheim, (since we'll be going to Universal).

I still have two different hotels booked for San Diego/Coronado. I need to cancel the unwanted reservation.

And many more minute things. I'm still looking at the bigger picture.:goodvibes

Your trip is getting so close. Wow. How exciting. I know from experience that the closer it gets the more exciting it becomes.

Hi!!:flower3:
I've gone MIA again..I can't keep up with all the PTR's I've signed up for some days...lol! I've been reading just not commenting, sorry about that.:goodvibes

Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!!:love: We'll be celebrating in September...we're hoping that next year we'll be able to sneak away ourselves (without the boys, of course!), sorry to hear that DH's grandmother ws sick, hope things are better now!

Loved the hidden Mickey's and that you wore your Incredible shirts for Disney on Ice...they were the perfect choice!! :thumbsup2

You've been awfully busy planning....thanks for keeping us posted, can't wait to hear more!!:surfweb:

I wish I could go! I just bought Pinocchios last night! We haven't opened yet though. We bought Bolt too and they watched it instead. Your trip will be her ein no time at all. Those last few weeks fly by! :surfweb:

Your trip is getting so close. Wow. How exciting. I know from experience that the closer it gets the more exciting it becomes.

Yes, I am starting to get excited!

Hi!!:flower3:
I've gone MIA again..I can't keep up with all the PTR's I've signed up for some days...lol! I've been reading just not commenting, sorry about that.:goodvibes

Congrats on the 10 year anniversary!!:love: We'll be celebrating in September...we're hoping that next year we'll be able to sneak away ourselves (without the boys, of course!), sorry to hear that DH's grandmother ws sick, hope things are better now!

Loved the hidden Mickey's and that you wore your Incredible shirts for Disney on Ice...they were the perfect choice!! :thumbsup2

You've been awfully busy planning....thanks for keeping us posted, can't wait to hear more!!:surfweb:

Glad to hear from you. I was just checking to see yesterday if you'd started your next PTR and it looks like your TR is now officially closed.:sad2: Have you started one yet?

I wish I could go! I just bought Pinocchios last night! We haven't opened yet though. We bought Bolt too and they watched it instead. Your trip will be her ein no time at all. Those last few weeks fly by! :surfweb:

Bolt is such a good movie, so funny. We need that one too. If you open your Pinocchio movie I'd love to hear if there really is some sort of coupon for kids ride free on Amtrak and what the rules to that offer are.:worship:

Morning!! I went to start it lst week and noticed my thread was closed!! Any idea how to link them from there?? I was soo bummed and I have so much to share!!!!:cool1:

Just caught up with your TR. Your girls are adorable!

My DS did the same thing as your DD when I told him we were going to Disneyland: "no, I only want to go to Disney WORLD!" He knew DL was smaller, so he didn't see the point. I'm slowly convincing him, though. The whole "but it was WALT'S park!" argument doesn't work that well on the 7 year old set.:rotfl:

To add another parallel between your trip and ours, we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary about a month before our trip, too. Happy anniversary! And can't wait to read more!

I thought your trip sounded familiar and then I saw your trip ticker. We'll be there at the same time. We had some weather up as well, it closed the public library and shut down the base!! The kids liked it, we just knocked off our school work when we heard that the public school kids were being let out early so they could play in the snow.
Love seeing the girls and hearing about how your trip is coming together.
Your youngest cracks me up, she definately doesn't have a problem showing her *true* feelings doesn't she???
Oh, if the movie doesn't have the kids free coupon in it, Amtrak still does kids 1/2 off. That's what we did.
Your mom sounds like a hoot!!!! And I'm excited for all you and all of the surprises that are about to come out!!!
Where did you make your PS ressies and are you going to try out the BBB here at DLR?

Morning!! I went to start it lst week and noticed my thread was closed!! Any idea how to link them from there?? I was soo bummed and I have so much to share!!!!:cool1:

Kinda sad to have your thread closed isn't it? :sad1: I would just put a link to your new PTR in your signature. That way if people check your old thread they can find your new one through your sig.

Just caught up with your TR. Your girls are adorable!

My DS did the same thing as your DD when I told him we were going to Disneyland: "no, I only want to go to Disney WORLD!" He knew DL was smaller, so he didn't see the point. I'm slowly convincing him, though. The whole "but it was WALT'S park!" argument doesn't work that well on the 7 year old set.:rotfl:

To add another parallel between your trip and ours, we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary about a month before our trip, too. Happy anniversary! And can't wait to read more!

Well Happy Anniversary to you too! 10 years is a great milestone isn't it? It's true that kids could really care less about DLR being Walt's original. I'm certain she'll love it there. I'm really looking forward to Sea World too. I've been wanting to take the girls there for years.

I thought your trip sounded familiar and then I saw your trip ticker. We'll be there at the same time.

Where did you make your PS ressies and are you going to try out the BBB here at DLR?

:welcome:Well then our trip is coming on quickly isn't it? We made PS for Ariel's Grotto and Goofy's Kitchen and Rain Forest Cafe. Although I will probably decide between Ariels and Goofys.

We are doing the same 3. I have done AG two years ago and it was great sitting around the table with three generations of women. Erin had such a wonderful time we just have to do it again. I blame Sherry E and DizNee Luver for pulling me into the GK pool. It just sounds like so much fun and there's no way I could decide on either or. AG is more for Erin and GK is for the whole family.
This trip can't come fast enough!!!

I'm HERE!!!! I can't believe that I didn't notice this before?? :confused3 I've read through the first three pages. I'll have to finish later. :yay:

Bolt is such a good movie, so funny. We need that one too. If you open your Pinocchio movie I'd love to hear if there really is some sort of coupon for kids ride free on Amtrak and what the rules to that offer are.:worship:

We're having school right now. I can't leave them or they'll start playing. :rotfl: If you don't have your answer already I'll find out for ya in a little bit. :thumbsup2

What a lovely family you have...sounds like you'll have a great time. We'll be in DL the middle of May with my grandson (3) and granddaughter (1). Happy times ahead! :)

What a lovely family you have...sounds like you'll have a great time. We'll be in DL the middle of May with my grandson (3) and granddaughter (1). Happy times ahead! :)

Thanks a bunch. What a great grandparent you are!

We're having school right now. I can't leave them or they'll start playing. :rotfl: If you don't have your answer already I'll find out for ya in a little bit. :thumbsup2

Have you opened it yet? I still have not purchased it.

I'm HERE!!!! I can't believe that I didn't notice this before?? :confused3 I've read through the first three pages. I'll have to finish later. :yay:

Oh, thanks for reading. I know reading about a DLR trip isn't quite the same as WDW so I'm honored you jumped ship to read.:goodvibes

Hi!! Just wanted you to know, I started a new PTR today..come on over when you have the time!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134752
So, glad you got your new PTR up.:thumbsup2

We are doing the same 3. I have done AG two years ago and it was great sitting around the table with three generations of women. Erin had such a wonderful time we just have to do it again. I blame Sherry E and DizNee Luver for pulling me into the GK pool. It just sounds like so much fun and there's no way I could decide on either or. AG is more for Erin and GK is for the whole family.
This trip can't come fast enough!!!

You know, that's a good idea. I may reschedule Ariel's Grotto for a day it is just women. Not so sure the men would enjoy it as much.

HAPPY EASTER!
021.jpg

Well, this week the tickets came in the mail! How exciting!
022.jpg

I can't believe we leave in 5 weeks.:scared1: Wow, time has gone fast. Disneyland is just now posting hours and schedules for the days we will be there. Unreal isn't it? So, different from WDW. So, now I can start making my daily itinerary plans!

Okay, now I need to go on a serious diet and lose my winter fat before we go.:lmao

Both girls had a soccer game today. It was DD4's first ever game. I love watching it at this age. Sooo cute. She just smiled the whole time.:) She even scored a goal.
028.jpg

DD8's games are getting so technical. She was goalie for half the game and I think the size of her goal area was as big as DD4's whole field.
034.jpg

We enjoy watching their games but today was a little cold. Here is Papa (who will be joining us for part of the trip) warming up DD4 while we watched DD8. Papa Kangaroo.:lmao:
036.jpg

Hi all. Wow, I really just clicked on my PTR to see how many days. 29!:scared1: I can't believe it. The kids still do not know. I will probably not tell them until about a week before we leave. I have never done a trip like this without telling them before. I kind of miss the whole count down thing. Every once in a while I'll say things like, "you should save that for next time we go to Disney." They will say, "but that's TOO LONG." I'm so excited.

I haven't had as much time to feed my Disney obsession lately with all of the Spring activities. I have been substituting a little more. I am even in the process of applying for a job-share 5th grade teaching position for next year at the girls' school where I sub. It would be perfect as I could teach while my youngest DD will be in Kindergarten 1/2 day but still have the rest of the day with her. I'm a little worried they will plan the interview for when I am gone on vacation. Although I do have enough connections that hopefully they will allow me to interview before we leave. My, time as flown by. I can't believe both my children will be in school next year. My SAHM years are almost over.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!