Which way to Disneyland? TR (comparison update 7/26)

Wow! Your trip is coming up so soon! That's great!

Also, a tip on flying Southwest...check in online the day before and you should all get to board early on and sit together. We're flying Southwest in June (DH, DS, and I) and that's what we plan on doing...especially since we bought DS a seat this time around and will be lugging his carseat.

Also, your girls will LOVE the San Diego Zoo. I went 15 years ago (my freshman year of high school) and adored it!

Sorry, I've not been updating much lately. I forgot how crazy the end of the school year can get. So, I finally talked to DD8's teacher about missing the last 4 1/2 days of school. Somehow, I managed to make it "HER" idea!:lmao: I told her my mother really wanted to go out to California to visit her friend and that she wanted the girls and I to go. I asked her if I should just take DD4 since DD8 would have to miss the end of school. She said, "TAKE HER"! Little does she know the plane ticket was purchased over 3 months ago.;)

The girls still do not know. I think it'd be a blast to wake them the morning of the trip and tell them. However, that would be unfair to DD8 who needs to say goodbye to her teacher and classmates.

I am definitely worried about SWINE FLU. I will be purchasing tons of hand sanitizer, wet ones, kleenex, etc. And, ofcourse, making some request of the big man upstairs.:worship: DD4 has a temperature right now. I'm thinking it might be an ear infection. I just made an appointment with the DR.

On a sad note, the friend of Granita who was planning on spending some time with us while in California just found out she has breast cancer.:sad2: She will be having surgery the week before we arrive. I guess our visit is timely. We may have to reserve a day to go visit her instead of her visiting us. I am glad Granita will be there for her.

Haven't started packing but I think I'll put a list together tonight or tomorrow.

Wow I cant believe you only have less than two weeks:scared1: I remember reading your trip report before we were even leaving for our trip (now our trip is over:sad1:) and thinking you have a while.

It is funny too that your daughter gets out of school so early. In RI school doesnt get out to almost the end of June. DD5 last day is June 23th and DH's last day is June 22nd.

Sorry, I've not been updating much lately. I forgot how crazy the end of the school year can get. So, I finally talked to DD8's teacher about missing the last 4 1/2 days of school. Somehow, I managed to make it "HER" idea!:lmao: I told her my mother really wanted to go out to California to visit her friend and that she wanted the girls and I to go. I asked her if I should just take DD4 since DD8 would have to miss the end of school. She said, "TAKE HER"! Little does she know the plane ticket was purchased over 3 months ago.;)

The girls still do not know. I think it'd be a blast to wake them the morning of the trip and tell them. However, that would be unfair to DD8 who needs to say goodbye to her teacher and classmates.

I am definitely worried about SWINE FLU. I will be purchasing tons of hand sanitizer, wet ones, kleenex, etc. And, ofcourse, making some request of the big man upstairs.:worship: DD4 has a temperature right now. I'm thinking it might be an ear infection. I just made an appointment with the DR.

On a sad note, the friend of Granita who was planning on spending some time with us while in California just found out she has breast cancer.:sad2: She will be having surgery the week before we arrive. I guess our visit is timely. We may have to reserve a day to go visit her instead of her visiting us. I am glad Granita will be there for her.

Haven't started packing but I think I'll put a list together tonight or tomorrow.

Yay for 12 more days!!!:banana: I can't believe it's almost here!!! You must be getting SO excited. And yay for making DD8 teacher thinking it was her idea....that's one way to do it.;)

I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend, I hope that the surgery will make her healthy once again. I'll be praying for her and I think you're right, Granita's trip is a timely one for sure.

12 more days, 12 more days, 12 more days!!!:dance3:

I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend. I'm praying she recovers quickly! That's great about DD8's teacher!! With it being the end of school--I don't see it being a big deal. And about 35 minutes it will be 11 days!! Whoo hoo!! :dancer:

Wow I cant believe you only have less than two weeks:scared1: I remember reading your trip report before we were even leaving for our trip (now our trip is over:sad1:) and thinking you have a while.

It is funny too that your daughter gets out of school so early. In RI school doesnt get out to almost the end of June. DD5 last day is June 23th and DH's last day is June 22nd.

Time truly has flown by.

Yay for 12 more days!!!:banana: I can't believe it's almost here!!! You must be getting SO excited. And yay for making DD8 teacher thinking it was her idea....that's one way to do it.;)

I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend, I hope that the surgery will make her healthy once again. I'll be praying for her and I think you're right, Granita's trip is a timely one for sure.

12 more days, 12 more days, 12 more days!!!:dance3:

Now 11 more days!:banana:

I'm so sorry to hear about Granita's friend. I'm praying she recovers quickly! That's great about DD8's teacher!! With it being the end of school--I don't see it being a big deal. And about 35 minutes it will be 11 days!! Whoo hoo!! :dancer:

Thank you! I'm now starting my list.

I loved reading your first trip report, and I was really excited to see this PTR. Have a great trip! I'll be looking forward to your trip report :)

FUN, FUN PTR!! We leave in 2 weeks - 5 days seems soooo much nicer. Here's hopin' you have a fabulous trip.

One little note - Musical chairs w/Alice is at Coke Corner - not Plaza Inn. I would hate for you to plan to be there and then be in the wrong place. :scared1: It is at 2:30, though.

Good luck with your trip!

I loved reading your first trip report, and I was really excited to see this PTR. Have a great trip! I'll be looking forward to your trip report :)

Thanks, I love it when people who read my last report actually find me down her in on the DLR threads.:yay:

FUN, FUN PTR!! We leave in 2 weeks - 5 days seems soooo much nicer. Here's hopin' you have a fabulous trip.

One little note - Musical chairs w/Alice is at Coke Corner - not Plaza Inn. I would hate for you to plan to be there and then be in the wrong place. :scared1: It is at 2:30, though.

Thanks, I did find that out thanks to helpful people on the boards. I'll have to update that in my PTR if I get the chance. I can't wait to take my mom to see that.:banana:

Musical chairs with Alice??? What's this? We leave Wednesday!!:):)

Hi enjoy your last tr. Just found this ptr can't wait to see and hear more about your tr. Have a great time:goodvibes.

Only 5 more days.......how exciting!!!!!! :banana: I know you'll have a great time!!!!

:banana::banana: Now 2 days!!

Musical chairs with Alice??? What's this? We leave Wednesday!!:):)

I hope you found the info. It is at Coke's Corner.

:banana:5 days!!!!!!!!!:banana:

2 days :banana::banana:

Hi enjoy your last tr. Just found this ptr can't wait to see and hear more about your tr. Have a great time:goodvibes.

Hi, Me&3! Of course I remember you.:yay: So glad you found my PTR. I will try to post an update tomorrow before we leave.

1 day!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it when we get back!!

Well, it's almost 11 p.m. and I still have a couple hours before I'll get to bed. Have to be up at 4:30 a.m. I've been packing/shopping for the past two days but that has not cut it. Earlier this week my husband's grandma passed away so we had a bit of a side track. She is no longer in pain and dancing in heaven but she will be missed. I also had my teaching job interview earlier this week but have not heard back yet.

So, I wanted to post some pictures but that will have to wait until our return. Few updates:

I did tell the girls Tuesday night that we would be going to THE BEACH with Granita!!! They are so excited about the beach and do not know anything about Disneyland or Daddy coming.:yay: That should be fun. They both are so excited about the beach itself. It's been 3 years since they've seen the ocean. DD(almost 5) doesn't remember it.

I checked us in w/ Southwest earlier today and got Boarding Group A!:banana:

So, I'm off to schedule Safeway delivery for our HoJo stay, our Amtrak Pacificliner, possibly prepay our dining at ARES for a little reduction in price, and print out all our important documents!

We'll be back Memorial Day!! Yeah Mickey:mickeyjum

12:38 a.m. here now.:goodvibes

I finally decided which restaurant we'll be dining at on DD's 5th birthday.:banana: I chose ARIEL's GROTTO!!

I just prepurchased the dinners online. We are paying for our family plus DH's dad and my mom. We didn't want to burden them with our surprise. Love the feeling of having it paid for. Now, no one will feel the need to offer us money.:lmao:

I've already packed Faith's Snow White dress. She'll love wearing it!!

Okay, after a soak in the tub I'll be off to bed. See you all real soon.princess:

Yay! I think your vacation has just about officially started now!

Have a great trip - can't wait to read the full report when you return!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter