Which vendors do you need to tip?

Eeyore's Tailfinder

DIS Veteran
In the very first stages of planning and just trying to work out a rough budget.

Just wondering which vendors do you tip/need a gift for?

It would also be great if you could say how much/what you gave, but if you don't feel comfortable, that's OK :)

ah yes, i get confused with this, with being from England, we are always unsure what to tip- and i was thinking ''who do we tip at the wedding''? the coordinator? the horse drawn carraige men, the waiters at the reception? Hair and make up people? Flower deliveries? the photographers and assistants? Who do we tip and how much? Because on the wedding day, i wont be able to hand out money so it will be a best man or the fathers who i will have to make sure that they give out tips

Whenever we to go Orlando, we try to tip as much as we can, like $10/15 when we are eating out, and we are not sure if this is right or wrong so it would be really good if someone did enlighten us on this.

:flower3:

Whenever we to go Orlando, we try to tip as much as we can, like $10/15 when we are eating out, and we are not sure if this is right or wrong so it would be really good if someone did enlighten us on this.

:flower3:

I think a general rule for eating out is to tip 15%-20% of your bill depending on how good the service is. I think a few years ago 15% would of been the norm, but it seems to be around 20% now, plus 20% is a little easier to figure out! We normally leave 20% but if a server is exceptional, we will leave a bit more.

But as far as the original question, I would love to know also! I'm not sure who or what to tip for the wedding! Any info would be appreciated!

Hi Hayley

Good to see you are in the plannig stages of your wedding!

I am going to shamefully admit that we didn't tip anyone! Believe me I had all intentions of doing so, I even took money with me in my purse but the whole wedding went by in a blur, I didn't get a chance to do so.

I intended to tip the limo driver, violinist and minister and as for Randy and Stan, well I didn't know if I should have done or not. For one I didn't get to see their work until later (on receipt of the photos and video) also because it was their own business, I wasn't sure if you were supposed to!

I did tip the make up artist, although in hindsight I wished I hadn't as I didn't like my make up.

Basically after the wedding happened we were getting ushered around by Randy and Stan that I had to say a hurried goodbye to my others vendors. I really regret not tipping my minister as he was wonderful. I did send them all Christmas cards with thanks in it though, probably doesn't mean the same as cash:lmao: Seriously everything was a blur, I didn't know if I was coming or going and barely had enough time to enjoy the moment. If you intend to tip, I would recommend having envelopes ready and on you. My money was in my purse which I didn't have on me when the vendors started to leave and I didn't want to make a fuss of going to get it!

Hi Summer!

Great to hear from you! Hope your impending move is going without a hitch! I'm so excited now, I just hope I get MK pics as good as yours :)

yes I dont think we tipped anyone either apart from beaute speciale. I didnt carry any money and just got carried away with the day!

I dont think your meant to tip it its their company so the photogrpahers is an example

But like Summer it was all a blur and we were moved from place to place for pictures etc and you just miss people leaving, I dont even think I said goodbye to rev jack

I'm planning on having the money in envelopes with names marked and one of my SIL's or brothers (or somebody) will be in charge of handing out the envelopes...I don't plan on tipping Randy or Stan as it's their business, but I will tip the drivers we use as well as Patricia LeJeune's asst....

There is a thread somewhere about who to tip and how much...Lurkyloo had the info...if I can find it later I will repost it.

Eoghan and I hear a lot of grief about tipping from his parents every time they come to NYC to visit (as they don't tip waiters and waitresses in Ireland either)....so we always figure it out for them. We tend to tip on average 20%. More if the service is really good (and/or friendly):thumbsup2

I think the Knot has something about this on their website...when in doubt ask your coordinator at Disney...they can guide you as to who gets what and wedding ettiquette. My advice is to tip for a job over and above what you expected...that applies to everyone involved in your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter