Which Timeshare Comp Should We Use?

disneyokw

<font color=blue>Home Sweet Home<br><font color=pu
Thanks to a recent post here about people retiring at their home resort my father FINALLY agrees to do an add on (THANK YOU BOARDS). It took him 7 years to say yes. I have read that there is the www.atimeshare.com and www.dvc-resales.com and www.dvcbyresale.com.

Which place should we uses? I have been leaning towards www.dvc-resales.com (The Timeshare Store) after hearing people on this board saying how great their experience were with them.

My question is to ask which place have you had a good/great experience with and who should we ask for. I know there is about two people whose names I have seen come up as great. But I cannot locate those names.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to try to get him to start the process before the warm weather thaws New York.

I think you look for a contract for sale that you want and contact the retailer offering it. It's not like real estate where there is multiple listings, and you can contact a realtor when you see something on another site, that is my understanding. We are on 2 e-mailing lists because the contracts get on those before they are posted on the main sites.

Bobbi
:D

We've worked with Pat Spell at <a href="http://www.dvc-resales.com">The Timeshare Store</a> for three resales with great success. They are the sponsors of this site and have helped many here.

Enjoy!

Don't just look at their web sites for the properties listed. Be sure to contact the companies and tell them what resort, use year, # of points, banked points, etc...that you are interested in. Many of the best deals NEVER make it to their web site to be listed.

-John

Talk to all of them and go with the one that has what you want at the price you agree to.

I used The Timeshare Store for both my resales. Pat Spell was my agent on my last resale. I was very happy with both of my purchases.

However, I agree with Dean. I was talking to all the resale companies and TTS came up with the best match. The only company I would probably not recommend is Reid Reality unless you are willing to do 80% of the work in communicating with the owner Lee. His take is "call me when you see it on the website". I've heard his followthru is also lacking. {shrug} Some folks really like him, but he was too "hands off" for me and his prices were not good enough for the added angst.

Another Pat Spell fan here too! (The Time Share store) Just finishing up with my VWL from her!

Some times these companies work together. I know of more than one occasion of one talking to another to find what a person wanted.

I agree that you need someone who will actively look for the contract that you want, and not just sit back and wait for you to find it yourself. While I have not bought a resale, I just found out that I sold one. It's Wednesday--I sent the papers to The Timeshare Store last Thursday, and in that length of time our contract sold! If you had been waiting around to see this contract on the website, you would be out of luck. I cannot believe that I just put the papers into the mailbox last Thursday, and already it's sold!:teeth:

I used Pat Spell at The Timeshare Store for my BWV resale last summer. Everything went through fine and Pat was very helpful in clearing up some of my questions about DVC.

I have used Shontell at DVCbyresale and it was painless. Sign up for her mailing list!

We also used Shontell at dvcbyresale. She was wonderful to deal with and it was a quick and easy process for us.:D

Thank you for all your replies. One more question. Do we need a lawyer at all. I'm going to take care of things for my father.

Thank you for your help.

We used Jaki at atimeshare.com and can't say enough nice things about her. She was wonderful. No lawyer was necessary. The entire process took about six weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter