Which RCCL ship would you sail with . . .

Disneyloverliz

Mouseketeer
I have 2 young adults who are ages 19 and 21, and both have Down syndrome. They are too old for kids clubs, but love pools, slides, etc. which ship is one that has lots to do? I realize they all do, but I read something about go carts? Zip lines? Thanks for any info!

Would agree. I don't recall if Oasis added water slides, but Harmony and Symphony certainly have those. At least three pools on all Oasis class ships, so they should be able to find one that agrees with them. They'd probably also love the Abyss dry slide, although the logistics of seeing them off at the top and meeting them at the bottom could be difficult.

Quantum class has bumper cars and the North Star observation pod.

I would do Harmony, Symphony or there is a brand new one coming out called Odyssey of the Seas which is looking incredible! I wouldn't hesitate to do Oasis or Allure, but they don't have the waterslides just yet. However, there's definitely enough to keep busy on all those ships.

I have edited mine as some of the links weren’t loading no idea why. I can see you have loads of brilliant advice so I will say I think Harmony/symphony which is Oasis class or the new one Odyssey of the seas :)

The link below just gives “bullet point” of each class/ship for ease so you can see ship gives most of what would suit. Good luck. Please let us know what you end up deciding.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-ships/symphony-of-the-seas/things-to-do?country=GBR

I have tried again to put an odyssey link put I just can’t get it to load maybe someone else can :(

This explains the classes/what it has. Hoping this might help.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/04/17royal-caribbean-ship-classes

Last edited:
I was thinking Oasis class but even the Mariner of the Seas have some nice pools and waterslides + the Skypad trampoline...

Harmony is my favorite ship on on the water that I've tried! I also loved the Oasis but they didn't have water slides or the Abyss dry slide (10 stories and the absolute best ride of my life!) I loved the pools and water slides, splash pad, stage shows, Aqua Theater shows, ice skating (and ice skating shows), zip lining, wake boarding, rock climbing, etc. They even had an escape room (for a charge.....really wish we would have done this but it booked up quickly). We also loved watching the robotic bartenders mix drinks and sitting in the bar that goes up and down between floors (Rising Tides Bar?) They also had 3D movies, outdoor movies by the pool at night, and good comedians. I loved sitting in Central Park at night listing to a string quartet or other musician playing. If you book a suite, they also allow you into the Coastal Kitchen at night which serves free alcoholic beverages (if you're into that) and a wonderful quiet meal. We had an amazing dinner one night at the Chef's table and also tried Wonderland (weird but delicious molecular gastronomy food) served by waiters in purple velvet jackets with tails (Super Fun!) My daughter loved Face Painting and riding the carousel on the Boardwalk in the mornings... (heck, I rode the carousel with her). I had a 2nd Harmony cruise cancelled last year due to the pandemic and rebooked for this summer for an Alaskan cruise..... which is also cancelled. Darn, I really miss cruising!!!

As many others have stated we like the larger Oasis Class ships with so many things for everybody. One thing that has not been mentioned ( at least I didn"t see) is booking a cruise that has at least one stop at RCCL's Island CoCo Cay! If they are into waterslides then this would be their trip of a lifetime. Caution they are an upcharge, but if you watch them frequently you can find some major discounts for full day pass! Usually lists for around $109 / Person. We have booked for $50 multiple times. They also have a wave pool they might like that is covered by the waterpark pass. They have zip lines that can be expensive also but you can sometimes find a bundle package with the waterpark. I will try to post a link but if it doesn't work search for Perfect Day CoCo Cay full walkthrough. ( Warning it is 45 mins. but informative. Stay Safe

As many others have stated we like the larger Oasis Class ships with so many things for everybody. One thing that has not been mentioned ( at least I didn"t see) is booking a cruise that has at least one stop at RCCL's Island CoCo Cay! If they are into waterslides then this would be their trip of a lifetime. Caution they are an upcharge, but if you watch them frequently you can find some major discounts for full day pass! Usually lists for around $109 / Person. We have booked for $50 multiple times. They also have a wave pool they might like that is covered by the waterpark pass. They have zip lines that can be expensive also but you can sometimes find a bundle package with the waterpark. I will try to post a link but if it doesn't work search for Perfect Day CoCo Cay full walkthrough. ( Warning it is 45 mins. but informative. Stay Safe

This sums it up really well.

Just wanted to add that one thing I like about RCCL is that they tend to have a lot of sales online so once in a while you can get 10-25-40% off excursions... That includes the Waterpark at CocoCay.

I have 2 young adults who are ages 19 and 21, and both have Down syndrome. They are too old for kids clubs, but love pools, slides, etc. which ship is one that has lots to do? I realize they all do, but I read something about go carts? Zip lines? Thanks for any info!
We loved the Liberty of the Seas but I would go Oasis Class for sure. We would cruise on one of those ships again (although we prefer Carnival). Great ships and service with lots to do. Enjoy!

Another question...do you have to buy a beverage package in order to get basic soft drinks like coke? Is this not included?! from what I am reading, it appears one needs to purchase a beverage package, and at 12.99 times 3 people times 7 days . . . This will add up! I’m hoping I’m reading this wrong!

There is a soda package for the fizzy stuff. On the bigger ships they have Freestyle machines. There is iced tea and flavoured water for free.

You can usually find deals to reduce the cost of the soda. But if your kids can go without it might be better to do that and buy a la carte or onshore.

Another question...do you have to buy a beverage package in order to get basic soft drinks like coke? Is this not included?! from what I am reading, it appears one needs to purchase a beverage package, and at 12.99 times 3 people times 7 days . . . This will add up! I’m hoping I’m reading this wrong!

Soft Drinks are not included.

However... You can get the soft drinks package for a much better price than that. There are a lot of sales... Keep your eyes open and check your planner once in a while.

Also, if not everyone in your party likes drinking soft drinks, unlike the alcohol drink packages, you can book the soft drinks packages separately.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows which ships has the water slide coaster thing? I couldn't figure out which one has it.

Many ships have water slides now. As for water slide coaster, I think you might be thinking of Disney Wish?

1) I absolutely concur with the Oasis class recommendations! It is my kids' favorite and has a lot of great features for my special one as well.

2) If yours like movies, the movies shown in the aquatheater were a highlight for my son. Outdoors, comfy chairs with good viewing angle, consistent spacing between guests, easy to come and go, etc.

3) Mine are not usually soda drinkers, but the freestyle coke machines made it very worthwhile. We have usually been able to book it on sale for around $8/day. DD would combine with the free ice cream for a killer float. Ice water, tea, coffee, lemonade, and juices (in the morning) are free and more than sufficient if you prefer to skip the sodas.

Is there such thing as a ride package? You know instead of paying for each one on ship. Is there pass
or special hours to get on things faster. Every time i see videos there is long lines. Maybe that is just summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter