Which of the Value Resorts is your favorite?

texasvol

Earning My Ears
Which value resort would you choose. I've stayed at POP Century, but heard some of the All-Stars might be better?

That depends a bit on who's traveling, ages of kids etc and what time of year. :)

I've stayed in POP and AsSpo, and liked AsSpo better. But that's just my opinion. :)

I personally like POP (and think I'm going to really like the Art of Animation resorts as well). I've stayed at the Movies All Star before. Most times the buses were too full when they would come. The biggest complaint I have with the All-Stars is the buses. We missed many reservations because the buses wouldn't come for 45 minutes. Maybe this was a bad week for them, but it has made me never want to stay at an All-Star again.

I also like the location of POP and where the new value resort is as well. I like that it is closer to Hollywood Studios. :)

I don't think it would be a bad thing to try the All-Stars, though. Like I said, the only negative we had with it was the bus wait but maybe that was just a crazy week for them???

I'm a little bit in love with All Star Music. I try to stay there every time I go, first floor Jazz Inn. I wasn't a huge fan of POP, but I've heard good things about it from others.

We've stayed at Pop, All Star Movies and Sports. The one thing we liked about Pop was that it had it's own bus. The resorts seem pretty much the same (other then the theme). During our Movies stay we were put in the very back of the resort in a block of rooms in the Mighty Ducks section that were blocked off for my niece's wedding guests. Was not fond of the location of that room at all. The only thing nice about is was that we were closer to the bus stop at All Star Music.
I'm dying to go back to Pop this summer ... doesn't look like it's going to happen tho.

My vote is for Pop. We like that it is closer to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We also liked the fact that Pop had their own buses.

Pop Century for the location and just one bus stop. The jury is still out about whether Pop will be sharing buses with Art of Animation.

We've only stayed at ASMo and ASMu so far, and we LOVE LOVE LOVE music!
Our next trip we were going to try out POP, but decided to switch to sports.
something about pop just doesn't seem appealing to me, and it just seems bigger/more crowded. POP will probably be last on my list of value resorts to visit.

POP is our favourite, I just personally find the open concept more appealing (food court/gift shop). It's bright and airy. The management is terrific. I also prefer the buses and my kids love hour glass lake. Oh, and the tye dye cheesecake lol :)

Pop Century for the location and just one bus stop. The jury is still out about whether Pop will be sharing buses with Art of Animation.

Even if they do share buses (and I wouldn't be surprised if they do), it's still only 2 resorts and it's close to my favorite, DHS! ;)

I've stayed at the value resorts and ASMu is by far my family's fav. We like to spend a fair amount of our vacation actually relaxing at the pool. So it's nice to have the music and activities all afternoon. The evening movies are also a really nice feature. The bus situation is NEVER what is widely reported on the boards. Rarely do you share a bus with the other All Star resorts. It usually only happens at very off peak times and the majority seem to forget that the moderate resorts all have 3-4 stops before heading out to the destination. Each All Star feels quite small and low key in comparision to POP....remember POP has nearly 3000 rooms each All Star is under 2000.

We Love the POP, I just booked my Walt Disney World Vacation yesterday for November of 2012. :thumbsup2

I stayed at POP & AS Sports...I honestly love both, but I love POP better. The food court is really good, i love the asian food options. I love the combo of the food court & gift shop. Love the theme & the pool. The arcade is great for my son. The rooms are refurbed and very comfy. No complaints about noise level.
I loved Sports for different reasons....its a smaller resort, which is nice cause its easier to get around. I love the theme of this place....of course so did my son, since he loves sports. The bus situation here is great too...I love the fact that sports is the first to get picked up and dropped off. Many times we'd have to by-pass music & movies cause our bus was too full. Leaving them stranded. I felt bad for them. But this is one reason I wouldnt wanna stay at Movies/Music. Some ppl didnt have a bad experience with buses, but I do remember this when we stayed at sports.
one thing i remember about this place was the cartoon clips they played every night. Before bed we'd have a snack and eat it at the food court while watching the classic cartoon clips. Oh one last thing, the temp of the pool was really good at sports. Beds are comfy too.

Pop for us. We stayed once at the ASMo and it was a long time ago. So it is hard for me to say anything about the AS. But this is our 3rd straight stay at pop.

I've stayed at both Sports and Movies. Both were great. Sports was a little nicer due to being refurbed but my family loved the theming at Movies. The food courts were both good, and the pools were nice, too. I haven't stayed at Pop but I'm not all that eager to try it. I wonder how much farther it is to get to the bus stop, the food court, etc... than it is at AllStars?

Oh, the only time I had to wait long for a bus was a Sat. night in May when we were headed to DTD. Other than that we never had a bus issue.

I have stayed at all of the values over the years and my most recent stay was at the ASMo. We loved being so close to the main building and were just steps from the main pool. The beds were too small for two adults. I think I liked POP better, loved that it was on a lake, we had a view of the bowling pin pool and lake when we were just outside our room.
No room at the Pop when we are going in Sept/Oct for 1/2 marathon. Was planning on staying one night prior to moving to the Dolphin. I know, not a WDW official hotel:scared1:, but I can't beat the price or convenience to Epcot. I am thinking of staying at ASMu or ASSp for the first night. Any suggestions for me? (3 adult women, myself, DS and DD)

No question about it. We've stayed at POFQ, off site and others but we prefer Pop to them all for all the reasons - food, location, buses (saves us $400 a trip), refurbed rooms (these were great last year!), theming, etc.. Many of us think of it more as a ValMod because of all the extra things it has over other values resorts. :surfweb:

All Star Movies, Mighty Ducks, back of building. We were there last month.

We've stayed at all of the All Stars though it's been 15 years since sports, which we need to try again.

POP was nice but parking lots too far for carting stuff back and forth. If you fly and don't rent a car then that's not an issue.

I also like the All Stars as they are smaller than POP. All Star Movies are going through at refurb when we were there they were working on Building 3, we stayed in Building 2 so it was already done.

It wasn't that far a walk to the Movies main building, maybe 10 minutes or less and about 5 minutes to Music. We liked the option of having 3 pools readily available to us (Fantasia, Duck Pond and Calypso). We pay for a standard room and the Music buses are very close to the Mighty Ducks buildings (we were in the far back of Building 2) we were on the 2nd floor, end room and could see our car from the balcony.

While we don't use the buses my Brother and his wife and my mom who were in Building 3 did use the buses a couple of times using Music and had no issues.
Since they show movies at all of the All Stars now the kids liked being able to choose which one to go to. Though I prefer Movies at Music because you can watch them from in the pool.

The Duck Pond Pool is between the 2 Mighty Ducks Building so it was convenient for swimming and laundry.

The seating area in the food court in Music is bigger than Movies. Food is similar but one thing we noted is that Sundaes at Music came with different toppings but not at Movies. On the other hand we were in the Movies Food court one night and we happened upon a Magical Moment where the kids got to make their own Sundaes and got a paper chef's hat and a certificate.

Also the kids took part in ativities by the pool at both pools but mostly Music as that's where we seemed to end up at night. Name that singer, dance parties, scavenger hunts etc.

Don't know if they do these at POP or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter