Which Nassau Excursion Do You Prefer?

Which Bahamas excursion have you enjoyed and thought was worth the money?

• Discover Atlantis

• Atlantis Beach Day

• Blue Lagoon Beach Day

• Sunshine Glass Bottom Boat Tour

• Historical Harbor Cruise & Paradise Island Tour

• Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter

• Historic Nassau City Tour

• Stingray City and Blue Lagoon

• Ardastra Gardens & City Tour

Results are only viewable after voting.
My DW and I went on the blue lagoon beach day 4 years ago (Carnival) and 17 years ago (Premier). We are going again on the Wonder April 18th.

We liked the 40 minute boat ride out to the island, which is called salt cay. They have a band playing island music and it gets you in the mood for a nice relaxing day. My DW likes to sit in a hammock and read a book while I go snorkeling. There is a shallow protected cove in the middle where I plan to teach my DD 11, and DS 6 how to snorkel.

I have heard on these boards that the food service is not so great, but we have always filled a softsided cooler with drinks and food from the ship and taken it with us.

There are some interesting tide pools to explore if you don't want to venture out into the Atlantic.

Last time we went, I got to do the stingray swim for no extra charge, but it was a little scary. There was a crazy guy who kept wrestling the rays to the surface so his wife could take his picture and the rays didn't seem to like it. I was worried they would sting me by mistake. :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Its not a Disney sponsered excursion, but if you have kids, the pirate museum can be a hit.

www.pirates-of-nassau.com

It won't take much longer than an hour. You can walk there from the pier. For a very low key day with kids - a morning swim on the ship, pirate museum, lunch back on the ship, kids into the kids clubs (they do some fun stuff that afternoon) and mom and dad shop near the dock or hottub in the adult pool or enjoy the Rainforest Room.

On our recent Wonder cruise we went on the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. The kids had a great time although the water was a bit chilly but the sunshine and beach warmed them right up! The food was ok - nothing gourmet. We did not get a chance to explore the entire island but many people did and they enjoyed it. The ferry ride to the island is also nice you pass right by the Atlantis. Also the homes and yachts are nice to look at too!

My vote with kids is the Pirate museaum just enough to get them off ship shop alittle and come back eat lunch and swim!!!

This is a first class boat from the Atlantis. It is not on your Poll-but is offered through Disney Cruise Line.
Great crew-friendly and knowledgable about the boat, Island history, and the fish you are snorkeling with.
My 13 yr old son and I, 40ish mom, really enjoyed the sail on the boat out and back to location. When those sails go up and wind takes hold- wow- go to the front of catamaran and lay on the mesh between the 2 runners and watch the water fly by below you. If you are lucky some Dolphins will tag along for the ride- FANTASIC!!!!!
Snorkel location was Angel Reef- great natural reef with literally 1000's of asssorted fish- JUST LIKE IN NEMO!!!
ANy questions???
Great excursion!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter