Which MDR is "best" for MDAS night?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Trying to decide what to have my TA request for my dining rotation (I know it is only a request) for my MDAS cruise in February.

I usually like starting in Animator's because it just feels like a great kick off to the cruise for me.

BUT with this itinerary, MDAS will be Day 2 - and it seems like with the screens Animator's may be the better MDR for MDAS, so maybe I want to request the rotation that puts me in Animator's on night 2. But I'm not sure.

Thoughts from those who have gone on a MDAS cruise?

TIA!

Trying to decide what to have my TA request for my dining rotation (I know it is only a request) for my MDAS cruise in February.

I usually like starting in Animator's because it just feels like a great kick off to the cruise for me.

BUT with this itinerary, MDAS will be Day 2 - and it seems like with the screens Animator's may be the better MDR for MDAS, so maybe I want to request the rotation that puts me in Animator's on night 2. But I'm not sure.

Thoughts from those who have gone on a MDAS cruise?

TIA!
I just take whatever rotation they want to give me.

We were in AP for an MDAS and I don't recall there being anything different. not even as much as they do for AP on Pirate night.

Can I ask how you were able to find out your MDAS? We're also sailing the Magic in February and I'm not so patiently waiting for them to put out the schedule for what our MDAS is. I've done the online chat and was told both times, they don't have the schedule for our cruise yet :(

This is our first MDAS but we did SWDAS in 2020 and the AP screens had SW scenes on them which was really nice! I'm hoping they do it for MDAS too!

Can I ask how you were able to find out your MDAS? We're also sailing the Magic in February and I'm not so patiently waiting for them to put out the schedule for what our MDAS is. I've done the online chat and was told both times, they don't have the schedule for our cruise yet :(

This is our first MDAS but we did SWDAS in 2020 and the AP screens had SW scenes on them which was really nice! I'm hoping they do it for MDAS too!

If you have only one sea day (we do in January) that will be the Marvel Day. If you have two or more, then who knows. We are a month before you and also have no schedule info.

To be honest, I am not sure they will be able to do a lot of what we experienced in the past. The Meet and Greets were well attended with long lines, the Dr. Strange show had many kids come up on stage, the Captain America USO show was full to overflowing, and the deck was packed for the night show.

If you have only one sea day (we do in January) that will be the Marvel Day. If you have two or more, then who knows. We are a month before you and also have no schedule info.

To be honest, I am not sure they will be able to do a lot of what we experienced in the past. The Meet and Greets were well attended with long lines, the Dr. Strange show had many kids come up on stage, the Captain America USO show was full to overflowing, and the deck was packed for the night show.
Thanks! I was hoping they were starting to release schedules.

That's what I'm afraid of. We booked this specifically for MDAS after how much we loved our SWDAS cruise and now I'm not sure how much of the experience we'll get.

Thanks! I was hoping they were starting to release schedules.

That's what I'm afraid of. We booked this specifically for MDAS after how much we loved our SWDAS cruise and now I'm not sure how much of the experience we'll get.

Sorry, I was at work and then handbell rehearsal. What @dcassetta said. My sailing only has one sea day - ergo that's MDAS.

I was going to do Palo Brunch that day, but I figure things may be more limited so I want to be sure I can take advantage of them. Looks like I'm doing it Nassau Day and just won't have Palo dinner this time. I'll miss the soufflee, but if I have to choose, I'll take brunch.

Sorry, I was at work and then handbell rehearsal. What @dcassetta said. My sailing only has one sea day - ergo that's MDAS.

I was going to do Palo Brunch that day, but I figure things may be more limited so I want to be sure I can take advantage of them. Looks like I'm doing it Nassau Day and just won't have Palo dinner this time. I'll miss the soufflee, but if I have to choose, I'll take brunch.
No worries at all! Having one sea day makes it much easier to tell :) I have Palo brunch and the princess tea scheduled and I'm really hoping neither fall on our MDAS day.

Haven't done MDAS, but have done 3 SWDAS. We were in AP for dinner on our last one(Jan2020). From what I remember, they had SWDAS logo on the screens. They didn't play any videos or anything. That was the only difference from when we ate at the other restaurants on other 2 cruises. I would assume MDAS would be the same. I'm not a SW fan, so I didn't really care what they did for it. We only did 3 SW cruises because we prefer 7 night cruises in Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter