Which Marriott vacation club?? Why??

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone and thanks for your opinions. We are planning a late April (hopefully after the Spring Breakers leave) trip to WDW, a total of 9 of us (6 adults, 3 under the age of 5). My parents have offered to foot to lodging bill, and they are members of Marriotts vacation club so can get great deals on the Marriott resorts by trading points.
If you could choose, which Marriott resort near Disney would you choose and why?? I'm looking for a resort close to Disney, with a nice pool and grounds for Disney off days. A 3 bedroom would be nice too.........
Cypress Harbor?? Horizons?? Grand Vista?? Thanks so much.

I think if you are looking for a 3 bedroom your only choice would be Grande Vista. All units at cypress harbour are 2 bedroom. We stayed at cypress harbour last Oct and liked the resort alot, very close to the highway, 8 minutes from our door to parking lot at Epcot. The room we had was showing its age a little but was still very clean, and if you did have a problem it was fixed very promptly. They are in the process of redoing the rooms there, I spoke to them a few weeks ago and they said of the 22 buildiings 7 were dione so far. Horizons is right across the street from Cypress harbour, you can see it from the highway,doesnt look like they have alot there since its newer. Grande Vista is in the same area about five minutes from Cypress Harbour, Have not stayed there yet, but in-laws say its a great resort,more activitys at the resort,pools,play area etc. If you go to vacationclub.com you can look up the resorts and see floor plans for the rooms. Hope this helps

The Marriott 2BRs all sleep 6, 7 or 8 people - not 9. They include children and infants in their occupancy limits. A 3BR at Marriott Grande Vista would work. It's a very nice resort and they even have an indoor play area w/ball pit for the little ones, in case of rain. This resort would be the best Marriott choice if you are all sharing one condo together.

Alternatively, if they don't want to use up all their Marriott points, they may opt to get a couple of 2BRs (or 1BR + 2BR) at SkyAuction (each unit = $200 + bid price for a week) or renting weeks from owners (each unit usually $500-$750 to cover their maint fees) at one of the larger resorts near Disney with lots of family-friendly activities. Check the classifieds at TUG.

Another good option is a larger pool home (4BR-5BR+). These are a much less expensive than you'd think, especially if you are renting for a week or more - sometimes only $100-$130/night, plus pool heat. Compared with the costs for the Marriott(s), it may be a consideration. HTH!

closer to Disney is the Imperial Palms - only 3bedrooms.

this resort is old, but the reviews I have seem are it is still okay.

you can't get much closer to Disney than this resort. turn left go about 1/2 mile and you are on Disney property.

it does not have a great pool next to it.

there is a great one at hotel that you can use.

www.marriottworldcenter.com

We are staying at the Marriott Cypress Harbour in August. We were supposed to stay at the Grand Vista, but we were told they only rent out the 1 br suites and the rest were for the owners. We needed a 2 br suite. We have to go to the 90 minute timeshare meeting while we are there so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Marcy :cool1:

We stayed at Cypress Harbour in May and loved it. Plenty of space for the five of us. We started off in an old room and then they moved us to a refurbished room. Big difference. That said, the older rooms were very nice; the new ones were spectacular. Loved the grounds and facilities. Have not been to any of the others but we are going back here in August. Try using Marriott M11 code after you sign up with the frequent stay club--the Cypress Harbour rooms then go to 159 a night--a steal IMHO.

We paid the cash rate at the Grande Vista in April and stayed in a 2BR villa that had been refurbished -- LOVED it. DH loved being "away" from Disney and my Mother traveled with us and had her own suite with a kitchenette. Loved having a washing machine. I would NOT want 9 people there however, that would be way too small. I guess a 3BR would work out, that is what my neighbor does at the Grande Vista and she loves it.

We have stayed at Horizons 3 times. It is a smaller resort, but we have been very happy with it. They have an amazing pool. It has pirate ship in the middle, that any one can climb on. They have a water park that is usually empty. A playground (that does get hot) and a very nice mini golf. They have a lot of activities planned for kids (tye dye, scavenger hunts etc...)

My sister stayed at Cypress Harbour last year and she loved it.

Both of these resorts are only a few minutes fromWDW either by the highway or regular streets. Publix's is right around the corner. I would be very happy at either.

We like Cypress Harbor better than Grand Vista. It all depends on what you are looking for. We rarely use resort amenities, except for the pool (and even then not every day). We liked the villa floorplan better at CH. GV always feels like a "slot", one long straight living area with a bedroom on either side, so only windows are along one wall opposite the front door. CH had windows on perpendicular walls in the living area (hard to describe) and we like the color scheme better- light and airy pastels, as opposed to the dark green, burgundy, and gold at GV. As far as service, cleanliness, etc., these are both Marriott resorts, so there is never any problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter