Which is your fav and why...Beach Club or Contemporary

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
We haven't stayed at either or at the Magic Kingdom area or Epcot area. We are two adults going at the end of April 2024.

For me there would be an edge to the Contemporary. That is due to a combination of proximity to Magic Kingdom and the other hotels of the MK resort loop area, the dining options and a sense of nostalgia for me.

I enjoy the Beach Club as well, but prefer the Yacht Club if not staying in a DVC villa (which would be BC only).

When choosing between these two, for me it comes down to which parks are more important to on a given trip: MK or EPCOT and DHS. Also, the Stormalong Bay factor is obviously one to consider as well if that is important to you. It's really personal choice as we like them both.

Contemporary would be my choice.
Nostalgia, being on the monorail loop….. I don’t know what it is exactly, I just love it!

I so wanted to love the Beach Club, but I just didn’t.
Our room location was amazing and I loved being able to walk to Epcot each morning. SAB was way too hectic, but we enjoyed the quiet pool. I don’t know. I really just don’t have a desire to return.

It really depends on what you are looking for in a resort and what your park plans are. In terms of an overall resort, I prefer BC (actually, I prefer YC, but I see that wasn't an option!). It's a quieter vibe on the Boardwalk area and I love just walking around the lake, stopping at all of the different resorts (with their many restaurant and lounge options) and having quick access to EP. I love the old vibe at CR (the Mary Blair mural, in particular), but in terms of theming, I'm not a huge fan - I really dislike the Incredibles theming in the room and feel it doesn't match the theming of the rest of the resort. CR feels like one, big concrete block to me. If your itinerary is MK heavy, however, it's super convenient.

It really depends on what you are looking for in a resort and what your park plans are. In terms of an overall resort, I prefer BC (actually, I prefer YC, but I see that wasn't an option!). It's a quieter vibe on the Boardwalk area and I love just walking around the lake, stopping at all of the different resorts (with their many restaurant and lounge options) and having quick access to EP. I love the old vibe at CR (the Mary Blair mural, in particular), but in terms of theming, I'm not a huge fan - I really dislike the Incredibles theming in the room and feel it doesn't match the theming of the rest of the resort. CR feels like one, big concrete block to me. If your itinerary is MK heavy, however, it's super convenient.
100% this. BC is my least favorite of the Epcot resorts (YC #1) but given the choice of BC and CR, I'd go BC. I dislike the theming of CR very much, stayed there once, even got upgraded to CL and it was still a one and done for us. MK is a half day park for us so staying on the monorail loop isn't appealing. We spend part of every day at Epcot and being able to walk to it and HS makes BC the winner.

I will add, now days I tend to stay at the Dolphin just because the Disney prices have gotten way out of hand. Usually, I can stay at Dolphin and get 80% of the Disney perks and have access to a good pool and good food for at least $200 less per night. I say usually because recently their prices have been creeping up as well and getting close to those Disney deluxe prices.

For 2 adults, BC, unless MK is your favorite park.

The re theme of the Contemporary rooms killed it for me. They are so awful. I used to like the resort, but it's getting louder and louder in there (or I'm getting older) to the point where it feels like an airport terminal. It's not relaxing at all.

The entire Epcot resort area is the hands down best location at WDW. Plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance, skyliner or boat to DHS, access to more hotel dining via skyliner, and walking distance to Epcot. It's perfect. We love the BC. Hated the BWI. YC is okay, as is Dolphin. Swan was an awful experience for us twice, so won't stay there again.

We loved the YC water view by the quiet pool 1st floor and it might have been the best location we have ever had at WDW.

That being said CR I want to stay at someday I love the look of the rooms and location.

I would figure out what park(s) we were spending time at to help decide.

100% this. BC is my least favorite of the Epcot resorts (YC #1) but given the choice of BC and CR, I'd go BC. I dislike the theming of CR very much, stayed there once, even got upgraded to CL and it was still a one and done for us. MK is a half day park for us so staying on the monorail loop isn't appealing. We spend part of every day at Epcot and being able to walk to it and HS makes BC the winner.

I will add, now days I tend to stay at the Dolphin just because the Disney prices have gotten way out of hand. Usually, I can stay at Dolphin and get 80% of the Disney perks and have access to a good pool and good food for at least $200 less per night. I say usually because recently their prices have been creeping up as well and getting close to those Disney deluxe prices.

Yes to all of this! I just booked the Dolphin for about $280 a night with taxes for a late September trip - much less than even a mod for my dates. It really depends on the trip and the dates, but sometimes I'm just willing to give up on the Disney resort theming to save a ton of money at Swan or Dolphin.

For adults, I prefer the EPCOT resort area over the Magic Kingdom one due to the vibe and choice of restaurants. Also, you get so much more for your money at the Swan and Dolphin, I love either of those places!

Epcot area, for sure. I want to stroll into the International Gateway just for food and drink. I don't feel the same desire to stroll into MK. Epcot is more my jam and I like swan or Dolphin because they are often hundreds of dollars less per night- same great location, great hotels, Bonvoy points if you collect those...I really don't feel inconvenienced taking the MK bus to the TTC- it adds very little time to my day.
Bonus with the Epcot area is hopping on the Skyliner, just for fun. :)

Best not to ask me as I love them both! One way to decide is which boats do you like the most? Do you like to ride boats around the MK area or Beach Club. Which parks do you prefer, MK or Epcot and HS? How about which restaurants do you like best? Decisions decisions. Either way you have a good one.

I look at BC & YC as the same resort, except YC has balconies in every room, (I know, there may be 1 or 2 rooms at YC that don't.) I like Stormalong Bay because we usually set aside pool time every afternoon. I love the sand bottom area as it massages my feet, lol.

We always have Hoppers, so, staying in the Epcot area is great because we can drop into Epcot or HS in the afternoons, evenings.

We also like Contemporary, it's one of the Originals!! Love the theming, monorail and closeness to MK.

Here's my best advice. It sounds like these 2 may be tops on your list and you want to try both. When we have 2 resorts in mind we search out the best deal between them then plan to stay at the other next time.

Thanks everyone. I am waiting to see prices as soon as I get through on their website. I would have thrown YC in there but they allow dogs, don’t get me wrong, I love dogs I have always had one but just not on vacation and it is perfectly fine people like to bring them, after all, they are family.

Time of year matters.

For late April 2024 I’d go with BC since it will be getting hot, we’d appreciate the pool break, SAB won’t be packed like summer, and quick access to Flower & Garden which is gorgeous (and bonus BC lobby usually has fantastic flower arrangements that time of year).

BLT works great during the cooler weather party season when the pools don’t matter much, and popping in and out of MK before parties or just for fireworks is huge advantage. I like BLT studios better than BC.

Both resorts work well with hopper tickets.

We love both and own at both (well, BCV and BLT). Not sure if it’s an option, but we frequently do split stays between our MK home resorts and BCV. MK is not our favorite park as we’re local to DLR, but we do love the easy walk back after fireworks. And now with TRON it’s amazing! If I had to choose one, it would be BC. The walk to Epcot can’t be beat as Guardians is our favorite ride, and of course it’s ridiculously easy to get to HS. Plus if you’re going during any of the Epcot festivals BC is even more appealing.

I spend most of my time at MK, and I usually have a car rental to drive to EPCOT; therefore, contemporary would be my pick, even though it’s my least favorite theme of all deluxe and even moderate resorts.

No desire to stay at either for the hotel themselves BUT if given a choice I'd say Contemporary. The proximity to MK, fireworks, monorail to Poly & GF (especially to create own bar crawl), views everywhere ... :) Easy transport to all resorts with bus depot across the street. Great place to stay to have easy access to do some resort hopping or dining.

I stayed at CR in 2014 (and once as a kid), and didn’t think anything could beat it. Then in 2022 I stayed at YC (I know it’s not BC but similar), and now it’s a must stay. The ability to walk to two parks or take an easy boat ride is amazing. The rooms we felt were nicer than CR also. The pool was so much better, and even the quiet pool was nice since most people go to the main pool. It’s also a little cheaper unless staying in garden tower which loses some excitement IMO.

Speaking of excitement, I missed the excitement of CR though. Walking out of the tower rooms and seeing everyone have so much fun at chef mickeys was amazing. As well as the location to MK. I also liked the monorail running through the hotel itself (I think it’s something I loved as a kid and still love).

Even if resorts and tower price would be equal, I love the location of YC/BC. Not that CR is that far away, but you are so close to two parks there and the other two aren’t that far away. Plus the views, location to the boardwalk, and cheaper price (garden view is comparable but I wouldn’t stay there) put YC/BC above CR for me.

For adults- BC and get park hopper tickets so you can hop into EP for dinner at the Festival booths or it’s many restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter