• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which is your fav and why...Beach Club or Contemporary

We haven't stayed at either or at the Magic Kingdom area or Epcot area. We are two adults going at the end of April 2024.
It truly is like comparing apples to oranges. It depends on the vibe you want. I've stayed at Yacht, never at Beach, but both are in the same area. Beach is more relaxing, but Contemporary has the nostalgia, but can be more crowded, and noiser, but the walk to MK is unmatched.

We have always really enjoyed Beach Club and the resort feels relaxed to us. I love walking into Epcot and the boat ride to HS is nice. Stormalong Bay is great, but there are the quiet pools if you like that instead.

I think it mostly depends on which parks you plan to visit as well as your view of the theming. We always enjoyed the Contemporary and it is still the only resort where the monorail runs through the lobby giving it a futuristic look after all these years. What you like in terms of themes is subjective and most people seem to have their own opinion. We never found the lobby or rooms to be loud but perhaps depends on which floor you are on. You can look around online and find older pictures when the Contemporary was under construction and see how the room 'modules' were installed from the outside. I think that tends to make the rooms more quiet since there are double walls on every side of you. We enjoyed taking the monorail to Epcot but some others think that wastes too much time so mostly it is matter of how you choose to enjoy Disney.

If you only plan to visit HS or Epcot, then I would choose something in that area. If you mostly go to MK, then staying on the other side of the property seems like a lot of needless extra travel time. If you plan to do all of the parks, then staying at one location compared to another won't matter as much.

For us, BC is much higher on our list than CR. But I can't argue with the location recommendations, as you just cannot beat CR if you're spending days in MK, especially with kids. But for festivals, EP/HS, and some really good dining options, the BC location is much better for us - especially since we do MK much less as we're getting older!

We’ve stayed at both and highly highly prefer Beach Club although we like Boardwalk even more than BC. Contemporary felt so sterile to me. The pool was boring. If you’re in the garden wing, the walk to MK feels long after a park day.

With Beach Club you’re a skip away from the international gateway which offers you ton of dining options. Hollywood Studios is also within walking distance. The Skyliner is right there if you want to hop over to any of the Skyliner resorts for a meal. The pool is obviously a selling point. The boardwalk area is serene Vs. the hectic factor of The Contemporary. We love the Epcot area resorts and found the Contemporary to be completely overrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter