Which is the rougher ride?

Oh thanks for this warning, I have trouble with spinning. Can’t even do teacups. I was really looking forward to this one… now not sure….
GOTG doesn't spin, it turns the way the car is facing. I don't think you even do a full rotation at one time (all at once) during the ride.

TRON is 100 seconds, GotG 200 seconds.

In recent years I’ve cut back on jerky roller coasters like Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn and RnRC. Can’t due them everyday. They’re just too rough so maybe just one of those 3 per trip. No issues physically for me on TRON or GotG though.

GOTG doesn't spin, it turns the way the car is facing. I don't think you even do a full rotation at one time (all at once) during the ride.
It doesn’t?? Then I’d be all set?! Everyone is talking about the Vortex? Thought there would rapid spinning!

It doesn’t?? Then I’d be all set?! Everyone is talking about the Vortex? Thought there would rapid spinning!
The cars do spin on GOTG. Not a complete 360, but at some points almost that. The car rotation is almost constant. It's not a spinning like the teacups, more of a rotation to get you to look somewhere else. There is a "vortex." It's a downward spiral type thing. Hard to explain, but it's there.

The Vortex is part of the story. As far as the ride, there is a helix spiral. A few spirals actually. The car turns to face the inside of it. You feel the g forces, but it's smooth so it doesn't hurt like some coasters do. And the car is not spinning freely ever so there is no paste you to the back of your seat feeling.

Comparing it to Tron, Tron was fast and intense and is a one and done on the trip as far as I'm concerned. Guardians is an exciting party I want to ride over and over. Both are smooth, dark, and loud.

Best way to describe it is that it tilts and turns. As the track turns, the cars will turn accordingly. At one point the track turns in a way that rotates the car so it’s facing backwards but it doesn’t last long. On the helix’s you’re sorta facing inward. There’s a video on Youtube where they demo the car on an outside track and shows how some of it works, it’s pretty neat.

Honestly would make for a nice physics lesson, it’s the right park for it. 😉

they are both incredibly smooth! guardians was intense in row 9 which then becomes row 1. however, I got to ride it again in the middle and it was less intense. aside from the launch, i didn't find tron to be intense.

People have mentioned the g forces of Galaxy ride. When does that occur and does it push you against the seat? I’ve been on coasters before with the g force and don’t like how it makes my head feel.

People have mentioned the g forces of Galaxy ride. When does that occur and does it push you against the seat? I’ve been on coasters before with the g force and don’t like how it makes my head feel.

I don't remember any real g forces on Guardians. I did, however, feel them on Tron, but only on the launch.

It was not an uncomfortable push like a lot of coasters have. I didn't come off with my head feeling swirly like I do with RnR or even Space Mountain sometimes. A lot depends on what affects you. For most people it's the jerky sudden changes that does them in. This ride has sudden changes, but they flow so your body moves with them.

Another factor is the theming around the ride. There are things to look at on some of the turns. Having that point to focus on is a lot like a dancer spotting themselves. It lets your brain orient itself to your movement in the space.

I felt the push shortly after launch when it sends up upwards while you’re backwards, and it can get a bit tight when they get to the helix’s.

Just want to chime in as a "ride wimp"... I absolutely LOVE GOTG and liked Tron enough. LIke all the PP's said, neither is "rough" from a jerkiness standpoint. But as far as "rough" goes meaning "intense", I think they are both about equal. But GOTG is just so fun. I am so glad I was brave to try it and have been on now 8 times over 4 trips since it opened! I do sort of close my eyes at the vortex part only because I read on here that part is what makes people motion sick. Anyway i highly recommend GOTG, and if you can handle the takeoff Tron is cool too. Just too short of a ride and I don't love the seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter