Which is the rougher ride?

Galaxy's track is bonkers smooth, and while the cars rotate I don't think it's super jerky. No experience on Tron

They are both smooth as others have noted. Guardians has cars that turn, whereas Tron moves face-forward for duration of the ride.

Guardians is very, VERY smooth. There turns and twists but they're smooth, not jerky. My husband, who is prone to motion sickness (and who WAS nauseated after Guardians), said that he did not find it "spinny," but that he felt his issue came more from a "line of vision" thing. Hard for me to relay to you since I have a strong stomach myself 😂

Tron is smooth in it's own way, I did not feel jerked around the way I do on Space Mountain and other older coasters. Tron faces the same direction the whole way, unlike Guardians where the cars rotate.

Both TRON & GOG are very smooth roller coasters. Guardian's is insane how smooth that ride is for being the 2nd fastest ride in WDW!! Both have their intense moments, though I would say GOG has more since it's 3x longer ride than TRON

They're both very smooth, I'd say Guardians is more intense because of the rotating cars. The difference between either of these and Space Mountain's jerkiness is night and day though.

They are both very smooth, but I think TRON is slightly less comfortable because of how you are seated. It's also a bit faster. Really though neither is rough at all.

Yeah, you're right. I guess TRON just feels faster because of how you are seated. And Actually it's 59.3, so super close. Both are such great rides!
Both have different ride feelings based on the seating, right. Super fun each way and would come highly recommended from me to anyone! Guardian's is my all time favorite Theme park attraction EVER!! and it's not even close!! I am obsessed with it lol

Guardians whips you around, but it's a smooth whipping. :) That being said, I struggled a bit with it. It's fast and intense and there is a "vortex" at one point, so if spinning stuff causes you issues, you will want to take all of your established motion sickness prevention steps before you ride this one.

Haven't done Tron yet, so no input on that one.

Neither ride whips you around. I would say that GotG is a rougher ride due to the cars turning and it has the most reports of nausea after the ride. Both rides have a high-speed launch at the start which is intense but still smooth.

Guardians whips you around, but it's a smooth whipping. :) That being said, I struggled a bit with it. It's fast and intense and there is a "vortex" at one point, so if spinning stuff causes you issues, you will want to take all of your established motion sickness prevention steps before you ride this one.

Haven't done Tron yet, so no input on that one.
Oh thanks for this warning, I have trouble with spinning. Can’t even do teacups. I was really looking forward to this one… now not sure….

Agree that both are much smoother than something like space mountain. But I’m prone to motion sickness and found Guardians much more intense and I felt worse after than I did with tron: for Guardians there’s a lot of side movement and tipping I guess. I don’t regret doing either - they were both awesome. But can only do one a day and need time to recover!

Tron's takeoff seemed more intense but maybe cause I'm more used to GotG - both are smooth. I was seated in the "non-cycle" seat since I can't bend my knees to sit on the bike. I had that "whoah this is intense" feeling on take off and going outside. GotG is amazing and the only ride I can't help but buy the ILL for when I'm at Disney even when I get a boarding group so I can ride it twice.

I won't spin on the teacups or ride spinner rides but GotG doesn't bother me at all as it seems more like rotating than spinning (no intense circular spinning like teacups to me at least). I also don't feel the "head pressure" leading to a headache I get on Everest which means I can only ride it once per day vs. either of those rides. (I had a brain injury a few years back so it's affected me since then - I used to loop Everest).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter