Which Hilton resort?

• Lake Buena Vista

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Buena Vista Palace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DoubleTree

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
I've stayed at the DoubleTree Suites many times. I've never done this upgrade, but I have asked about it twice. It is basically a tray that comes with various sweet and salty snacks. On multi-night stays, the tray is replenished daily.

It also comes with an in-room Keurig coffee maker instead of the lousy Cuisinart pour-over pods that are in the regular rooms. I'm a HUGE coffee drinker, so I'm considering doing it on my upcoming September stay.

The cash upgrade price is listed as $17/night on that reservation. That seems expensive, but the store in the lobby sells candy bars for $2-3 each. So, you could theoretically end up close to even.
Since I was paying with points I thought 3,000/night seemed like a lot plus we’re only gonna be there to sleep then leave in the morning. For $17/ night that’s actually not terrible

It's a very good hotel. I've stayed there at least 80 nights over the past 5+ years. In all that time, I've only had one major problem. That was when a hotel guest started a fire in a microwave in a room. The entire hotel was evacuated, which made me miss my dinner reservations.

Despite the fact that the hotel didn't cause the problem, they went above and beyond to try to make it up to me. The hotel management is very good.

For the record, I spent over a decade working in upscale hotels and I also worked at Disney World. So, I feel like I know a good hotel when I see it.
Well that’s reassuring. Thanks! I’m excited just to be in the Disney springs area and have the ability to walk there. We’ve only stayed on site before.

Since I was paying with points I thought 3,000/night seemed like a lot plus we’re only gonna be there to sleep then leave in the morning. For $17/ night that’s actually not terrible

I forgot to add that the upgrade also comes with two bottles of water. Those are easily $2-3 each.

I forgot to add that the upgrade also comes with two bottles of water. Those are easily $2-3 each.
We get water anyway because we’re gold members. We also get cookies 😋

I saw they charge $13.50 for a resort charge but I noticed if you pay with all points for the room the charge is complimentary which is nice because almost everything they give we get for being gold anyway. So we don’t have to pay the resort fee.

We get water anyway because we’re gold members. We also get cookies 😋

I saw they charge $13.50 for a resort charge but I noticed if you pay with all points for the room the charge is complimentary which is nice because almost everything they give we get for being gold anyway. So we don’t have to pay the resort fee.

Correct. When you pay with Hilton points you do not have to pay the Resort Fee but you still pay the Parking Fee.

Correct. When you pay with Hilton points you do not have to pay the Resort Fee but you still pay the Parking Fee.
I didn’t know that but I’m glad I do now. This room is very big and I love being walking distance to Disney springs. Since we live close and drive our own car this area will be a huge draw for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts