Which excursion(s) in Nassau?

my kids ages 5, 12, 15 love the Hard Rock Cafe, though we havent been to the one in Nassau yet. Some have live music, most show a variety of videos on large screens and have music memorbilia on the walls and photos of various acts. Food has always been good.

I was wondering if anyone that has been to Nassau can tell me if the Hard Rock Cafe is within walking distance of the port?
Yes it is within walking distance of the port... Unless you are power walking, I would say it will take just under 15 min from the time you get off of the ship. I do not recall any live entertainment, but we were there during the day. I found it was rather small, had some great memorabilia displayed, and the restrooms were very clean... HTH

We're booked on the Wonder 4night cruise leaving 29th August. This will be our second time on the Wonder. Last time we went to the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon :thumbsup2. Our girls want to do more swimming with dolphins - anyone done the Atlantis Dolphin and Waterpark combo? Sounds expensive and can't decide whether its best to do this or just stick to something simple in Nassau and go to Discovery Cove when we are in Orlando beforehand:cheer2:

The Hard Rock in Nassau is realatively small, and I dont remember seeing any place for a live band.Though we were there about lunchtime.It has all of the items the other hard rocks have, such as costumes from different singers to autographed insturments, and the live concerts that had been taped.

We did the Nassau Forts and Junkanoo excursion and had a really fun time. The Junkanoo museum turned out to be a lot of fun.

Yes it is within walking distance of the port... Unless you are power walking, I would say it will take just under 15 min from the time you get off of the ship..............

Sorry, slight difference in definitons. I generally use the port security bldg as a reference.When you walk from the ship, yes it will take longer than 5 minutes to get to HRC.

Whatever you decide to do stay safe. Nassau is one of my least favorite stops on any cruise I have been on.
This was on the front page of my AOL homepage today

Bahamas
Just 50 miles off the coast of Florida, the Bahamas are a string of diverse islands home to everything from placid villages that are likely as safe as your own neighborhood to red zones best off avoiding entirely. A recent surge in violent crime in Nassau, the Bahamian capital and its largest city, means tourists are best off avoiding New Providence Island altogether (if your cruise ship stops here, inquire with the concierge for the most up-to-date safety information). Petty crime is a problem throughout the country. As a general rule, the Out Islands tend to be the safest havens for both resort tourists and intrepid travelers looking to venture off the beaten path by staying in small guest houses and dive resorts.

We're booked on the Wonder 4night cruise leaving 29th August. This will be our second time on the Wonder. Last time we went to the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon :thumbsup2. Our girls want to do more swimming with dolphins - anyone done the Atlantis Dolphin and Waterpark combo? Sounds expensive and can't decide whether its best to do this or just stick to something simple in Nassau and go to Discovery Cove when we are in Orlando beforehand:cheer2:

I'd do the Discovery Cove trip before hand. Discovery Cove is heads above the dolphin encounter at blue lagoon, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter