Where would you stay - family of 10?

Dedicated 2br at AKL-Kidani or BLT. You would get 3 full bathrooms, mom dad and baby (in PNP) in master, 4 kids in 2Q in second bedroom, and 3 kids on pull-outs in FR (full and twin). I recently slept in the full pull-out and it was fine (Kidani) and my 7yo comfortably slept on the chair/twin pull-out.

You would have a full kitchen, bigger dining table/bench at BLT (but harder to book). Also, better quick service options at BLT (Contempo Cafe at Contemporary)...easier than shuttling/walking over to Jambo house.

Book points either directly with someone on the DVC forums or through David's website. Both pools are smallish, so easier to manage.

We're a family of 6 and took my parents with us this last September. We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort which is a timeshare. We booked through Vacation Strategies, Vacation Upgrades is also a good option. Although it is considered off property, it is situated directly across from CBR. They have shuttles that run to the parks (although I would get a rental car). They have 1,2,3, and 4 bedrooms available and all have complete kitchens and washer/ dryer in room. There are 3 pools on property and mini golf as well which is free. Sometimes, you can also request a fireworks view and be able to see the Epcot ball/fireworks from your patio. Our two bedroom this past September was $120/night. I hope wherever you choose it makes a magical vacation for you.

If 2 deluxe rooms are too expensive you can get 2 connecting rooms at POR. I know they are not guaranteed. But I've always been given connecting rooms when we travel with other people. Even when I only requested that we are near each other we were assigned connecting rooms.

This would be my suggestion for a more economical way to stay on site. The resort is lovely and the rooms are pretty newly refurbished.
We did one room as a family of 5 and were fine. Deluxe rooms would give you more room, but if you don't mind sharing the smaller space, it's a great option.:thumbsup2

For a family of 10, you might want to try Port Orleans Riverside as their AB section sleeps 5 per room so two standard rooms would fit your family.

Dedicated 2br at AKL-Kidani or BLT. You would get 3 full bathrooms, mom dad and baby (in PNP) in master, 4 kids in 2Q in second bedroom, and 3 kids on pull-outs in FR (full and twin). I recently slept in the full pull-out and it was fine (Kidani) and my 7yo comfortably slept on the chair/twin pull-out.

You would have a full kitchen, bigger dining table/bench at BLT (but harder to book). Also, better quick service options at BLT (Contempo Cafe at Contemporary)...easier than shuttling/walking over to Jambo house.

Book points either directly with someone on the DVC forums or through David's website. Both pools are smallish, so easier to manage.

I would do this too in your situation. BLT is on the monorail and the 3 bathrooms and full kitchen would be a huge plus. If you rent the points from a member it makes it much cheaper than booking directly through Disney.

We are a family of 10. We will either stay in three rooms at a value (we have an 18 year old dd and a 16 yo ds, so either could be in charge of room #3) or two rooms at POR (with trundle bed).
We have ALWAYS gotten connecting rooms at values. I know they are not guaranteed, even though the paper work says they are guaranteed for families, but we have always gotten them.

Our youngest has not yet been...we are hoping to go back soon!

Enjoy!

PS - we drive our own vehicle to FL, but prefer to park it when there and let Disney drive us. Thus our preference for onsite. Dh doesn't want to deal with driving a 15 passenger van around WDW. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter