Where will ABD go next?

Cousin Orville said:
I ran across this statement on Disney's ABD Jobs site under "Becoming an Adventure Guide... Language Ability":

"Currently we are considering the following languages when assessing suitability to lead trips in destinations where these languages are spoken: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese and Japanese. "

I thought it was interesting that they're seeking applicants who can speak Japanese. Possible future Japan trip? There may be nothing to it, but you never know.

Or possibly a market for Japanese speaking travelers ?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would love that they add a tour in French Canada : Montreal and Quebec City... that way, I could become an ABD guide!

I would love that they add a tour in French Canada : Montreal and Quebec City... that way, I could become an ABD guide!
I don't remember all of the details, and I don't know if it's still true, but a couple of years ago they had a Canadian ABD, and I was told there were issues with the Canadian government, in that the Guides had to be Canadian, and I don't think ABD had the control over their training that they wanted. That's why the trip is now half USA & half Canada (Banff area). So I don't know if they'd do Montreal & Quebec City unless there was some way to combine it with a part of the US. Although I *LOVE* Montreal, and would LOVE to see Quebec City!

Sayhello

Just back from the Greece trip (more on that later!)--no intel re new trips. I'd like to see a Moscow to St. Petersberg trip offered some day; and maybe Japan will not be an ABD but I still believe that the market in Asia could sustain a ship (Magic?) that would include various itineraries including Japan, China etc. (Like they do now with an Eastern Med and Western Med)

With the addition of Hawaii this past April/May and what I have heard while onboard, I think going to Asia via the ship is in the works. I don't think it will be upcoming, but maybe in 2015! I would love to leave LA, stop in Hawaii and head to Japan!

My vote would be Scandinavia. Maybe they could bring back the Northern Europe cruise with an ABD add-on....I would sign up for that immediately! Does anyone know when the 2014 Disney Cruise schedule will be announced?

DCL usually announces their bookings spread out over time (at least that seems to have been the model the last couple of years). Some more mundane itineraries were released in the fall, and then the more special/new itineraries were announced around January or so. I don't know if that is what it will be like this time, but it would give you an idea.
I am really sorry DH and I missed the Baltics cruise when it came around, if it came back we would book in a heartbeat!

7811051420_25c1469142_c.jpg

I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but I thought it might spark some more conversation. I noticed they had Provence as well as Austria/Czech Rep (Prague) up there. Those would be cool. Not sure why they would combine Provence with Paris though. Paris is already pretty well represented.

I took it that they were including adventures that have also been discontinued. At one point they had the Provence/Paris ABD and Austria/Czech Republic ABD, along with Northern CA.

I took it that they were including adventures that have also been discontinued. At one point they had the Provence/Paris ABD and Austria/Czech Republic ABD, along with Northern CA.

That would make sense. Too bad.

I know a lot of people have been hoping for Japan, but I've heard that the cost of running a tour to ABD's standards is just too high to make it a viable choice.

Which is really too bad, because I'd *LOVE* to do an ABD to Japan!

Japan is the one I have always hoped for as well. We'd book it immediately if offered.

We were on a river boat cruise on the Danube this past summer and I would think that ABD would be a good fit to do river cruising in Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter