Where to go in America?

Mirielle

DIS Veteran
I'm selling my home in FL and want to buy another place...but where? I like cold weather, beautiful scenery and friendly people. Don't want a town terribly large...don't want the challenge of learning a BIG place and don't need the headache of lots of traffic. Who has a suggestion? I'm wide open.

Incline Village, Nevada. I know someone who lives there.

I would also suggest the beautiful and friendly Carolinas. It gets cold here in the winter.

My parents bought a second home in the Portland Maine area 2 years ago and are loving it!
They wanted a beautiful, more quiet area, with access to great dining and some culture.
Being from Long Island, they didn't want to be far from the water either.

I would also suggest the beautiful and friendly Carolinas. It gets cold here in the winter.

I currently live in Pinehurst. We've hardly gotten any snow here the last 3 years or so. I need to go further north or west for that.

Into the Rocky Mountains - Montana is pretty "unspoiled" as I understand it.

My sister lived in Ft Collins, CO for 3 years & the climate was really nice IMO. The city's tucked up against the mountains, so it doesn't get the wind & snow that Cheyenne & Greely get. Overnight in Winter is cold, but with low humidity, it warms up quite nicely on many Winter days.

I'm fond of the 4 seasons we have in Missouri, and cost of living is very low. The amount of free entertainment options are second to none IMO. BUT, the heat & humidity of Summer can be a bit much for some (probably not an issue if you're used to FL). TN would be a similar option, with a more Southern flare and milder Winters.

I am assuming you don't need a job, so that opens up the options to probably over 1,000 cities. Southeastern Illinois, Kansas, Indiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Oklahoma. Towns where you still don't have to lock your doors and can still buy a nice house for $50,000 (or less)

You might google Nashville, Indiana, in Brown County. Nashville is about one hour south of Indianapolis and 20 minutes from Bloomington(home of Indiana University). This town is located in Southern Indiana which is hilly and a beautiful part of the state. John Mellencamp still lives in that area.

You've described many small towns in Minnesota. Heck, even the Twin Cities is pretty darn nice. :-) Really scenic places: Duluth, Winona, Mankato, Brainard

I live in Vermont and you're right it checks all OPs boxes. I moved here from Florida and love it here for the reasons you listed. Our small town is amazing. However, there is a significantly higher cost of living here than where we were in Fl.

North Conway NH. I love it there, small town feel, super friendly people, tons to do and the weather is great.

We can trade, I'll go to Florida and you can come up to rural NEPA. I'm freezing and it's sleeting out. I hate winter.

Northern Michigan ...anywhere along the shore of Lake Michigan is beautiful. Grand Rapids, and it's surrounding area, feels like a small town but has all the amenities you need. I grew up in Traverse City, it's beautiful.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter