where to get a GOOD beer?

I definately agree brocktoon. I just picked up a case of Troegs Mad Elf and I'm trying to keep DW out of it long enough to have a few bottles for Christmas.

It's not only our breweries, it's all the places we have to go and enjoy beer. I'm in the middle of nowhere, but I have two Union Jacks, and two other craft only bars with-in five miles. Plus, any bar in the area will at least keep a couple of local beers on tap, ie: victory, stoudts, dogfish (If I can drive there in three hours or less, it's local!). Plus then there are all the Philly bars.

Btw, kite and key is having a Russian river night on Dec 2. Pliny the elder on tap! I've never had it, but I hear so many people talk about it, I must go try it.

Speaking of beer, dw mentioned going to Easton to do the weyerbacher brewery tour. I wonder if she still wants too...

We are lucky to have local beer around Philly some great stuff. Just had Yards last night. Also check out Flying Fish, it comes out of Cherry Hill. Good stuff.

Around here (in addition to several already mentioned) we have Lancaster Brewing. Just had their Strawberry Wheat on draft last night at dinner at Crimson restaurant.
Quite good!!

I prefer wine at home, but when we're at Epcot, I always have beer! We do like the beer they have in France in Epcot - I forget the name, but it is a very nice one. Definitely give it a try!!

To the other poster, beer with the cork - I used to get Belgian beers for my DH like Delerium and Cinq Cents I think - it's as strong as wine I think. Very good stuff. Too bad it's not at Epcot.

AKL concierge level had good beer (and wine) I think the beer was Casablanca. It wasn't like Belgian beer but nice to try.

We had a couple of Sam Adams Brick Red at the Crews Cup at the Yacht Club (its the bar next to Yachtsman steakhouse). It was pretty good, waitress made a point that their location is the only place you can get it other than in Boston. I really enjoyed the time in the Crews Cup - good boneless wings and comfy booths.

I guess you can call me a "beer Snob too", I brew my own and have taken a few ribbons home for my home brew. For some good micro beers try some of the lounges at the different resorts.
For example at Riverside they have a trio of excellent micros, same at AKL, Wilderness, Poly and others.
I was not impressed by the selections at Big River Grille, most selections were sub par.
Maybe that's because I'm too used to a local micro brewery that just took home another (of many) 1st place from the Great American Beer Festival.
And not to burst the boys from Philly "beer bubble" (LOL) the real beer basket of the US is in Wisconsin. We have more brewery's and micro brewers per capita then anyone else and drink the most beer per capita in the US.(LOL)
Unfortunately we have 1 of the highest deaths by drunk drivers also. (not LOL)

My husband is a beer drinker and we always get a pint of Guiness at the Rose and Crown pub. Actually, we get one almost daily while at Disney. LOL!! He is also a fan of the african beers at the AKL as well. I can't remember the name...

We have attempted to have an around the world at Epcot, so we sampled many drinks in the pavilions. We still laugh at the "Norweigan" Bud Light!!! :rotfl:

Good luck!

Rose and Crown in England at EPCOT tops my list. Also a big fan of the California Grille to watch the Fireworks with a good craft beer

After drinking a number of beers I didn't really want, I was pleasantly surprised to find that at most places around the resorts with the standard drink menu, Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA is available (bottled). When I ordered one at the River Roost at POR, the waitress didn't know what I was asking for. But when I pointed to the menu (in the picture it is actually half hidden by another beer), she knew what I was talking about.

the real beer basket of the US is in Wisconsin. We have more brewery's and micro brewers per capita then anyone else and drink the most beer per capita in the US.(LOL)

As a rule of thumb, the colder the state, the more beer comption. New Hampshire was second with 43.4 gallons per year followed by North Dakota and Montana. But, the number one beer consuming state is Nevada at 44 gallons per year. The least is Utah. This list is from Beer Institute Research.

I read some where that Biergarten at Germany in Epcot gives a huge beer that is suppose to be good. I dont know but read that on a review.

The waterside bar in the Mexico pavillion is a great spot to catch a brew and watch Illuminations.

As a rule of thumb, the colder the state, the more beer comption. New Hampshire was second with 43.4 gallons per year followed by North Dakota and Montana. But, the number one beer consuming state is Nevada at 44 gallons per year. The least is Utah. This list is from Beer Institute Research.

As a resident of New Hampshire, I truly believe those statistics to be true!

Yeah for a good selection of beers go to Raglan Road. If you go try the scallops appetizer, truly great

Unfortunately, there isn't many places to find good beer in WDW. Looks like most places are already covered, but here are few more.

Poly - Dogfish Head 60 minute at the lounge outside Ohana. The Hawaiian beer is from Kona brewery. Not sure about PA, but they are all readily available in CT and are pretty average.

Cali Grill - Anchor Steam and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

The Cabana bar at the Dolphin used to have a great beer selection. Stuff like Delirium Tremens, Rogue Chocolate Stout, and a bunch of other good stuff. They have since cut back their beer selection, but still have a few good offerings.

If you find yourself outside of WDW at all, Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando has a huge selection of bottles.

Wow...I go away a few days and come back to look to find a lot of responses. Apparently we need a beer thread on what you find and where.

If I could find a dogfish 60 minute ipa at ever spot we have dinner, I'd be happy. But it would be nice to find a variety of new offerings. A shame microbrews haven't caught on in central Florida.

I won't touch the argument concerning Philly vs Wisconsin. As long as you guys have great beer options, that's what really matters. Plus you have cheese. Win-win!

Speaking of beer, anybody watching brewmasters?

I Guess when I get back, I should make a beer report!

The Wave at the Contemporary has several of the Woalver's on tap. Wolaver is Otter Creek's organic line of brews. You can actually get a flight of 3 (Stout, Pale Ale & a Brown Ale). The Brown Ale is my favorite.

First, I will state that I am not a beer drinker and no little about it, but my son loves to try different ones at Epcot. He loves all the different kinds you can get in the countries. He said that there is one beer at America that you can only get in Boston (where we're from), Red Brick?? or something like that. As another poster said they have some nice ones at AKL, great African beers, that are also at AK.

Enjoy The Magic!!

I love Brewmasters! I want to try the Chicha lol I am glad I am not the only one searching for good beers while in WDW. We spent alot of time at Rose and Crown on our first trip. Excited to hear about the Sam Adams Brick Red is at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!