where to get a GOOD beer?

Does anyone know if you can find Great Lakes in WDW or the Orlando Ale, specially the Christmas Ale at this time of year?

Raglan Road at Downtown Disney and Rose and Crown in Epcot are our favorite places to drink beer. By the way, in Epcot you can get beer from a kiosk at Rose and Crown and take it with you.

The beer at Big River Grille was tasty, but the food was not. None of our 5 meals were very good. Just something to keep in mind. :goodvibes

I love Brewmasters! I want to try the Chicha lol I am glad I am not the only one searching for good beers while in WDW. We spent alot of time at Rose and Crown on our first trip. Excited to hear about the Sam Adams Brick Red is at WDW!

Yes I want to try Chicha too! I actually was called by the local distributor, they have a case of Dogfish head Cheatu Jihau. Its one of their beers based off a 9000 year old Chinese recipe. Spectacular. Only hitch is, it's $130 for 12, 22oz bottles. I may see about splitting it with a friend. Crazy. I know...

You can actually get it at the kiosk outside too. I get Moosehead in Buffalo at a lot of places - been drinking it for years and years, but I live 5 miles from the border too.
I've bought Moosehead at Wegmans here in Syracuse... used it in my LeCellier cheddar soup recipe!! :thumbsup2

Just about anyplace in World Showcase is a good spot for a beer IMO.

It's pretty cool that I've gotten to watch Dogfish grow into the current powerhouse. I was a student at UD back in the 90s and remember coming across the Dogfish brewpub the 1st year it opened while visiting Dewey Beach. I still try to visit atleast once a year.

They've always got interesting experiments on tap at the Brewpub. I'd hate to be selfish, but I have a feeling the brewpub is going to be a madhouse now thanks to the TV show. But, at the same time, I think the TV show is great and wish them nothing but success.

My local beer bar always gets a few bottles of the rare limited Dogfish runs. I think the last I've tried were the B*tches Brew and Burton Baton. Both were pretty decent. My faves from Dogfish are the Chicory Stout, Palo Santo, and Theobroma ... haven't got to try the Jihau yet. I think the only Dogfish that I truley hated was the Festina Peche ... way too tart for my tastes

I do hope DF has a lot of success, I can see this show helping to bring them to the forefront of the craft movement. Hopefully, they will help highlight some of the other great, yet small, American brewers. As long as they don't sell out to InBev, alls good!

Sam seems extremely down to earth, I like successful people that don't flaunt their success. But who doesn't? Haha.

Jihau, btw, is spectacular on tap. I made my first trip to the brewpub, just to have a fresh glass of it from the keg. Nothings better than beer right from a clean tap.

Whoa... My friend just sent me a link to the the Holiday Brewers Collection Booth at Epcot. How come I never saw this? Can't wait to try the Gluhwein

Not sure if this will help or not, but my husband is insistent on dinner at Le Cellier just so he can have the Moosehead Ale. Apparently Disney is the only place you can have this outside of Canada.

We can get Moosehead at any grocery store.

Well, just got back. I had a few adventures in brewing... Hit raglan road, big river, the bar at the dolphin, some drinks at Epcot...

Had quite a few beers from Orlando brewing, they weren't bad. Found their pale ale on tap at raglan and their brown ale bottled at the dolphin. Decent stuff. Not very remarkable. Big rivers brews weren't bad either.

Did the beer stand in Germany. Was ok. The warmed wine was way too sweet for my tastes.

Unfortunately didn't find anything remarkable. But I was able to find some dogfish 60 min ipa and rogue dead guy in bottles. Two of my favorites, so that was good.

Did get one. Of those litre steins at the beirgarten. Did the hovel. It was ok. Not bad but must have been pretty low on the abv. Barely felt it.

Hopefully some enterprising people will open an ale house on-site. It seems like the market is there, just need to capitalize on it! Plus show all the out of country visitors, we have some great brews and we have a better selection than bud light, miller light and coors light!!!

That was always a major problem with Pleasure Island. All Miller Lite, Bud, and Smirnoff Ice.

Yeah... I wish I had the knowledge and backing to open up a place like that at DTD or City Walk. Someone that knows what they are doing could be very successful there.

Be really great if it was a venue for smaller indie bands too. I was surprised by the lack of on-site venues offering an outlet for that. House of blues and hard rock live are too big for a lot of the bands I'd love to go see.

Unfortunately didn't find anything remarkable. But I was able to find some dogfish 60 min ipa and rogue dead guy in bottles. Two of my favorites, so that was good.

Out of curiosity, where did you come across the Dead Guy in bottles?

I found that over at the hotel in the dolphin. The trails end bar had the dogfish. They may have more selection, but wife picked that out.

So glad you got to Orlando Brewing! I really wanted to go during our recent trip, but just couldn't convince my aunt (the other beer drinker) to leave her grandchildren (she wanted to stay with them and my son and have us go out) to have a few brews.

We can get Moosehead at any grocery store.

So glad another WA person mentioned this. :)

As for small breweries...look West, people! Oregon is HUGE on the small brewery scene...

So glad you got to Orlando Brewing! I really wanted to go during our recent trip, but just couldn't convince my aunt (the other beer drinker) to leave her grandchildren (she wanted to stay with them and my son and have us go out) to have a few brews.

well I didn't make it to the actualy brewery, but I found a few bars that had their stuff on tap and in bottles. Had to try it and give the locals some support. I don't know what the micro brew climate is in the rest of Orlando, but at the parks it's dismal. Had to throw my dollars to the little guys.

Well if course can't forget Oregon, they have rogue. Rogue has dead guy! I just got a friend at work hooked on that. Before that his definition of good beer was blue moon.

Safari Amber draft in Animal Kingdom....

Any of the Germany drafts in Epcot... especially the gigantic 1 liter they serve in the restaurant for only $12!

Is there anywhere to get Cigar City beer at WDW? Guave Grove Saison is the buisness! I've been searching DIS as well as Beeradvocate for info on craft beer spots at the world. This thread has some good info. I'm hoping Le Cellier will let me buy Unibroue stuff without dining there since they have no ADRs available when I'm there.

I'm hoping Le Cellier will let me buy Unibroue stuff without dining there since they have no ADRs available when I'm there.

I was able to do this back in '06 and '07, but I went early in the day right after they opened. They had to pour the bottle into a giant plastic cup though as I guess you're not allowed to walk the WS with a glass bottle.

In '09 I wasn't allowed to purchase a beer at the Le Cellier podium. I don't know if it was because things were more crowded or that they finally cracked down :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter