Where to Eat Pirate Night?

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
First, this assumes that with concierge I will be able to get two Palo diners if I wish...
So with that in mind - I was looking at the Cabana's menu and it seemed a little dull - but we hate pirate night menu. Well, we did 5 years ago - not sure about now since we heard that it had changed. So - we're trying to decide whether to do Pirate night in the MDR, a second Palo, or Cabannas is Cabannas really basically the lighter fare menu and the menu for the unadventurous palate choices from the MDRS (that's kind of what the menu online looked like).

I didn't care for the menu, on paper, for Pirate night - so I chose Palo. I knew that there would be a guarantee that we'd enjoy that cuisine. :)

The old pirate menu is not offered on all sailings. We did not have it on our more recent 7-nights on Fantasy (2019) and Wonder (2018). We had it on Dream in March 2019. You’ll be able to know once you get on the ship through the app.

I would not skip a MDR for Cabanas, but I would for Palo. If there really is nothing of interest for you on the MDR menu, I would mention it the evening before to your servers and see if they can offer something interesting. It might be something basic, or some Indian dish, but the kitchen is resourceful when they have some advance notice.

Since you're concierge, can you ask shoreside for the pirate night menu? If not, can you book Palo, then once on board you should be able to request a look at that menu and decide then? Cancelling while on board, I assume is not a problem as long as you give them notice (not same day). And you'd probably be making someone's (on the waitlist) day.

Wait, does that mean there is no Pirate menu anymore?

After reading all the responses - I think it's going to
The old pirate menu is not offered on all sailings. We did not have it on our more recent 7-nights on Fantasy (2019) and Wonder (2018). We had it on Dream in March 2019. You’ll be able to know once you get on the ship through the app.

I would not skip a MDR for Cabanas, but I would for Palo. If there really is nothing of interest for you on the MDR menu, I would mention it the evening before to your servers and see if they can offer something interesting. It might be something basic, or some Indian dish, but the kitchen is resourceful when they have some advance notice.

OK, so by the time we go in September the new menu should be just about everywhere - the question than becomes, for those who have had it, how IS the new menu? Is it good?

OK, so by the time we go in September the new menu should be just about everywhere - the question than becomes, for those who have had it, how IS the new menu? Is it good?

I had the new pirate menu this last October and it was just ok. We have, in the past, skipped the Pirate menu in favor of Palo but wanted to try it at least once - thus going on the last trip. I doubt we will do that again and will put Palo on Pirate's night.

We had the new menu in January and it wasn't as good as the other nights. Dunno why they can't get this one right...

Just FYI for anyone who may not know, if you are on a Marvel or Star Wars cruise, you will have pirate night. However, on those cruises you will NOT get the pirate menu.

Just FYI for anyone who may not know, if you are on a Marvel or Star Wars cruise, you will have pirate night. However, on those cruises you will NOT get the pirate menu.

Does this depend on the length of the cruise? We had pirate night with pirate menu on our 8 night MDAS out of NYC.

Does this depend on the length of the cruise? We had pirate night with pirate menu on our 8 night MDAS out of NYC.

Must. We've done 3 SW cruises-all 7 nights and none had the pirate menu. Didn't know they did any 8 night Marvel cruises. Did they do a lot 8 nights when you went?

Those cruises are not offered anymore. MDAS is only on 5-nights out of Miami in January and February now.

Another vote for skip pirate night in MDR and go to Palo. We find Pirate night food does not match up to all other food on DCL.

I loved the samosas and the jerk chicken from the pirate menu. sad we don't have it on SWDAS.

For those who dislike the Pirate Night menu, what's from your perspective is the main issue: too little flavor, too much, too weird? (I find the food overall to be consistently mediocre, so I'm curious to know what stands out about that particular menu.)

For those who dislike the Pirate Night menu, what's from your perspective is the main issue: too little flavor, too much, too weird? (I find the food overall to be consistently mediocre, so I'm curious to know what stands out about that particular menu.)
I have never really understood the hatred for the Pirate Night menu. I loved the Samosas and the one pasta dish with the scallops I think it was.

On seven night cruises, we also book Palo on Pirate night. The menu isn't our favorite so it's a good night for Italian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter