Where to buy next?

What DVC resort would you buy next?

• Total voters
I own 100pts at the Poly currently and am in the market for a small (50-60pt) contract for BLT. We love everything about the Poly but want to own additional points at another resort that will offer more room options. Our plan for BLT is to bank/current/borrow points for once in a big while trips where we want to have a bigger/cheaper room(s) because we are bringing parents. I am currently pregnant with our first child and possibly only child so think the location to walk to/from MK would work great also. Our trips tend to be relatively short (4 nights) which is just the right amount of time for us. Right now, the only problem is finding such a small contract with a Dec UY! It's like finding a needle in a haystack.

I like going early December. I own at VGF. I want a studio.
Solution - I bought another home resort for that time cause VGF is that ridiculously hard at that time of year. Now every year I stay in BRV for my Christmas stay.

I tend to stay in studios so it would be Poly for me. CCV - I have heard the night mares. VGF....I go in September too, and there I have not had an issue at 11 months. December....you have to walk it and possibly for a month...I am not doing that.

If you want a 1 or 2 bedroom can the poly. BLT (and the contemporary) is just not my style, so I don't know much about it.

I personally want a 75 point poly to add on to do a long weekend once a year. Outside of that, I am waiting on Reflections.

New born son = BLT for me every time. Walking “home” at the end of the day from MK where food, AC, pool, naps, and eventually fireworks beckon is straight up gold. Toss in monorail connection to Epcot, and it’s close to a no-brainer for a younger family IMHO (aside from premium cost)...
Very good points. Haha!

I would choose Poly from your list, especially if you will be doing mostly studios.

BLT gets a lot of love, but I thought the studios there were just too small - my room at Pop last year felt bigger! It did not work for us with just 2 adults - I can't imagine with kids. I have heard the 1 bedroom and bigger are nice, so if you are planning for those, it would probably be ok.

I like WL and BRV, so kind of think I would like CCV too. But I have not stayed there so comment. Same with GF - I have not stayed there, but I do think I would probably like it there.

BLT gets a lot of love, but I thought the studios there were just too small - my room at Pop last year felt bigger! It did not work for us with just 2 adults - I can't imagine with kids. I have heard the 1 bedroom and bigger are nice, so if you are planning for those, it would probably be ok.

I did a one night at All Star Movies a few years ago. After that, the BLT studio felt downright spacious!

Honestly, the BLT studios aren't really that small for a family with a young child. I wouldn't want to be in there with a family of five or with teenage children, but it's certainly not tiny. BLT does have the advantage of being able to walk to MK, monorail access, some great restaurants, multiple pools, and TOTWL.

I'd pass on CCV due to the high demand on studios brought on by the point sucking cabins. I'd pass on Poly for the same reason, especially since it is likely DVC will re-allocate points from the bungalows to the studios. GFV has always had a problem with reserving studios in certain seasons, so that would be a hard pass as well.

I did a one night at All Star Movies a few years ago. After that, the BLT studio felt downright spacious!

Honestly, the BLT studios aren't really that small for a family with a young child. I wouldn't want to be in there with a family of five or with teenage children, but it's certainly not tiny. BLT does have the advantage of being able to walk to MK, monorail access, some great restaurants, multiple pools, and TOTWL.

I'd pass on CCV due to the high demand on studios brought on by the point sucking cabins. I'd pass on Poly for the same reason, especially since it is likely DVC will re-allocate points from the bungalows to the studios. GFV has always had a problem with reserving studios in certain seasons, so that would be a hard pass as well.
TOTWL?

Top of the World lounge. It’s pretty awesome. DW and I did a weeknight up there to watch MK fireworks and it was really cool. The fireworks or really off center from the castle (more over space mountain) but it’s just a unique thing to experience every once in a while. It’s a member perk so technically that could change any time. I think BLT members staying there would always have access even if DVC pulled the ability for members staying on site but at a different property. Some speculation and rumors about that changing in the future.

Top of the World lounge. It’s pretty awesome. DW and I did a weeknight up there to watch MK fireworks and it was really cool. The fireworks or really off center from the castle (more over space mountain) but it’s just a unique thing to experience every once in a while. It’s a member perk so technically that could change any time. I think BLT members staying there would always have access even if DVC pulled the ability for members staying on site but at a different property. Some speculation and rumors about that changing in the future.
I need a legend that explains what all of the acronyms are. LOL!

Interesting that VGF is so poorly voted. Is it because it feels sort of separate from the rest of the resort (i.e. people would rather stay at the hotel proper)? The same can be said of BLT, I guess, but when I stay at VGF it definitely feels more like I'm at kind of a separate kids' table

I have not stayed at any of these resorts so I’m not quite sure how the experience would be. I have walked around the Poly once (had dinner at the luau show and I was extremely disappointed) as well as the GF and Contemporary on the hotel side.

Since you're looking for the home priority booking I'd really suggest you at least see the rooms at these resorts and even better would be to try them out. Addonitis can be difficult to control but there's such a difference between all of them that can be difficult to convey. Plus what some people value or dislike can vary a lot to what another person thinks of it.

They just announced their first exclusion of BLT dwellers from TOTWL for July 4th and Dec 31st. It's not speculation and it's not rumor.

The speculation is that we will see more of that in the future.

They just announced their first exclusion of BLT dwellers from TOTWL for July 4th and Dec 31st. It's not speculation and it's not rumor.

The speculation is that we will see more of that in the future.

Yes, thank you. I should've included that in my post.

Interesting that VGF is so poorly voted. Is it because it feels sort of separate from the rest of the resort (i.e. people would rather stay at the hotel proper)? The same can be said of BLT, I guess, but when I stay at VGF it definitely feels more like I'm at kind of a separate kids' table
I really like staying at VGF because it just seems special. You can sit on your balcony and watch the monorail fly by. Or listen to the giggles at the pool nearby. Or watch the wedding pavilion to see if a wedding is happening. And you can walk to the Polynesian to have dinner at 'Ohana. Or watch the boats go by on the Lagoon. And the one bedroom villa is so beautiful.

Interesting. Based on Pete's review of the hotel vs the DVC side of the house they were polar opposites for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter