Where is the funnel cake? Updated 8/13/13 Finale!!

I should not read this after eating a very uninspiring bowl of Progresso soup. I want that meal right now! Yachtsman is totally going back on my list!

Jill in CO

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed Yachtsman so much. That mussels and clams appetizer looks fantastic! And we both loved the salted caramel gelato that came with your dessert (it's the peanut butter and pretzel gianduja cake - we ordered the gelato without the cake). :goodvibes

You are correct, you win the gold star! I can't say the name and honestly they could call it whatever they want, I will have it again it was that good! I really did enjoy Yachtsman. It hit high notes at every turn.

I should not read this after eating a very uninspiring bowl of Progresso soup. I want that meal right now! Yachtsman is totally going back on my list!

Jill in CO

Jill, I feel ya on that one. I wrote this tonight after having a bowl of almost al dente pasta with butter and grated parm cheese on it and a cup of Dr. Pepper. So not Yachtsman or even an off property breakfast buffet! :sad2:

I absolutely loved your review of YSH, Karla! Sooo funny with the choir singing! :lmao: And I'm very happy that you enjoyed your meal so much, as I am a huge fan of YSH and their filet with mashed potatoes. :thumbsup2

I absolutely loved your review of YSH, Karla! Sooo funny with the choir singing! :lmao: And I'm very happy that you enjoyed your meal so much, as I am a huge fan of YSH and their filet with mashed potatoes. :thumbsup2

My DH says I should have been eating corn at the time since the review turned out so CORNY!!! :lmao: Who me, no :confused3. I am glad I liked it too because I really wanted to like it and I know my carnivore hubby wanted to love it. The kids were both in steak heaven and want to go back. To paraphrase Guy Fieri (sp)...Winner, winner steak dinner!!!:lmao:

We are going to be eating at Yachtsman in about 3 weeks and I cannot wait. And your review - well it's making it even harder to wait. We are doing deluxe for the first time - and I am so looking forward to all our signature dining - and this one especially!!

Loved your Yachtsman review...so glad I have it booked for next month!

Loving all your yummy food pics so far! So glad you enjoyed your meal at YS! Thank goodness you did try the garlic with your bread because it is to die for. Your soup and dessert look fabulous too! I am disappointed in myself for only ordering an entree at YS on my last trip. I definitely need the full experience there next time. Looking forward to reading more about your trip! :thumbsup2

One other thing, I have 1 real regret from this trip, I kept thinking in my head that I should try creme brule and I stopped myself everytime. Reasons were, my DH doesn't like it and didn't think I should get it, and I have never had it

Oh DisneyMomFanatic, creme brule is the best dessert ever! IMHO, of course. I hope you get a chance to try some somewhere soon. :cheer2:

I had booked YS for our upcoming trip but DH liked the look of the AP menu better so we ended up switching. The temptation is strong to switch back after your review! Your children's strip steak is making me salivate all over the screen.

What a smashing review of this place!! I love YM to pieces and yes I think their steaks are out of this world good!

We are going to be eating at Yachtsman in about 3 weeks and I cannot wait. And your review - well it's making it even harder to wait. We are doing deluxe for the first time - and I am so looking forward to all our signature dining - and this one especially!!

This was the meal we looked forward to the most this trip. We were excited about all of them but this one was top of our hope it's really good list. Hope you have a fantastic meal there.

Loved your Yachtsman review...so glad I have it booked for next month!

Hi Nicki, Thanks so much for the kind words. Hope you enjoy your meal as well!

Loving all your yummy food pics so far! So glad you enjoyed your meal at YS! Thank goodness you did try the garlic with your bread because it is to die for. Your soup and dessert look fabulous too! I am disappointed in myself for only ordering an entree at YS on my last trip. I definitely need the full experience there next time. Looking forward to reading more about your trip! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much. I was very diligent about taking pictures and the kids even asked, did you get it so I can eat? That garlic was divine. I am also glad I tried it. My DH is the garlic lover but I knew I had to try it or I might regret it. So glad I did. The one thing I will say is if you go to have 3 courses or so, go hungry. We were barely hungry and wanted all the food but if we were really hungry, we could have rocked that even more. :lmao:

Oh DisneyMomFanatic, creme brule is the best dessert ever! IMHO, of course. I hope you get a chance to try some somewhere soon. :cheer2:
I have heard that from others. I will definitely try it, but only from a restaurant that I trust to do it right.

Great yachtsman review :)

Thanks for the nice words!

I had booked YS for our upcoming trip but DH liked the look of the AP menu better so we ended up switching. The temptation is strong to switch back after your review! Your children's strip steak is making me salivate all over the screen.

I think that between YSH and AP (DonaldDoleWhip's report) I want to do both! They both look really good!

What a smashing review of this place!! I love YM to pieces and yes I think their steaks are out of this world good!

Vettegirl, thank you. I can now say that I am a lover of YSH! And I agree completely, will anything ever compare to them???:confused3

Great Yachtsman review. I'm really looking forward to my reservation in December.

Starousse, thanks. Hope you have as good a meal as me or better!

It's been probably more than 5 years since I last ate at Yachtsman's. It was good way back then so I'm happy to see some positive reviews as I'll be dining there in 4 weeks!

Hi
My DH would love this place. He can never get enough steak!! I've never tried it since I don't eat meat, but I guesss I'll give in and try it next May. I'm sure they would have something veggie for me to eat. The desserts look great!!

It's been probably more than 5 years since I last ate at Yachtsman's. It was good way back then so I'm happy to see some positive reviews as I'll be dining there in 4 weeks!

I have seen quite a bit of good reviews recently and it was well worth the effort to travel there on the transportation at Disney. Hope you have a great time there!

Hi
My DH would love this place. He can never get enough steak!! I've never tried it since I don't eat meat, but I guesss I'll give in and try it next May. I'm sure they would have something veggie for me to eat. The desserts look great!!

That is how my DH is also. Red meat is his thing! Looks like they do have at least one vegetarian entree but is it something you would eat, you will have to check out their menu. The one on allears is not quite up to date for entrees or desserts. But yes, the desserts are quite good!

I am realizing that I did not add a photo of us for your viewing pleasure. While I don't have a picture of all 4 us us right now, have to get photopass photos done yet. But here is one of DH, DS and DD at a place I will have as a review in the future with a friend of ours. Can you guess where it was taken???
100_3525.jpg

Great review!!! So glad that the choir sang for you with that filet!!! And you even tried the roasted garlic with the bread - look at you!!! :thumbsup2 The cherry dessert that your DH ordered looks really good. For some reason I'm into cherries right now.

Oh and that porterhouse is definitely a man-size slab of meat!!! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter