Where is the air conditioning? Quick/counter service only

PartyOfSe7en

Mouseketeer
We are taking five kids, two of whom are under the age of 1. We have table service reservations for dinners but are wondering what are the best quick service or counter service restaurants with air conditioning in the parks. Want to sit and recharge at lunches when possible. Bonus question: favorite attractions or lines with A/C. Thank you! 22 days to go!!!

Pecos Bill Cafe and Columbia Harbor House in MK.
Satuli Canteen in AK.
ABC Commisary in HS (not amazing but has AC).
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot.

Most of the standard burger style places have indoor seating too if that's what your family is in to.

In addition to the above....

Cosmic Ray's in MK
BoG breakfast or lunch in MK if you can get a reservation
Restaurantasaurus in AK
La Cantina in EPCOT

I agree with Columbia Harbour House, especially the second floor. Pizzafari is another option in AK.

Pirates of the Caribbean also has a dark, cool queue, and is near Pecos Bills. Depending on how big the children are, Space Mountain has a really great queue to cool down in (I know nothing about children). Nemo and Friends is another great option, as the queue is dark and cool, and then you can spend as much time as is needed in the 'aquarium area'.

I have no clue if you are looking for rides that all of the kids can go on, so take these suggestions with a grain of salt if so!

These queues are mostly or entirely indoors and air conditioned:
DHS: Star Tours, Toy Story Mania
AK: Dinosaur (also the Its Tough to be a Bug and Festival of the Lion King shows)

Favorite attractions with air conditioning-Finding Nemo, Lion King in AK; China movie, French movie, and especially the American Adventure in Epcot (oops, almost forgot and Soarin); Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Enchanted Tiki Room in MK. For meals, I second Pizzafari. They used to sell a frozen Minute Maid lemonade, don't know if they still do. On a hot day, I'd get brain freeze, and considering the AK heat, I loved it. When you go there, head towards a back room so you don't get any heat from the front door opening all the time.

Fav QS in the AC-
MK- Pecos Bills
EP- Sunshine Seasons/ Liberty Inn
HS- ABC commissary
AK- Satuli Canteen

Best AC ride queues-
MK- a lot are half in half outside- once you make it to the inside on 7DMT it feels amazing, splash mtn is pretty cool inside too- stay away from BTMR on really hot days- to me this is the absolute worst queue to be stuck in on a hot day- no air movement
AK- see the shows to cool off- FOTLK, Nemo, Tough to be a bug
HS- Star Tours, TSMM, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Frozen sing-a-long
EP- Frozen, Soarin, Nemo, Figment

It's pretty easy to find AC at WDW... much easier than DLR!

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - MK
Electric Umbrella (we didn't care for) - EP
PizzeRizzo (we liked but nobody else does) - DHS

Below is a complete list of A/C counter service in the parks:

MK
Columbia Harbor House
Pecos Bills
Cosmic Ray's
Pinnochio's
BOG - isn't lunch a quick service?

Epcot
Electric Umbrella
Sunshine Seasons
Liberty Inn
Boulangerie Patisserie (has limited indoor seating) - France
Katsuri Grill (has indoor and outdoor seating) - Japan

DHS
Backlot Express (go early or late to get indoor seating)
ABC Commissary
PizzeRizzo

AK
Pizzafari
Satu'li Canteen
Restaurantosaurus

Side note: last trip (2 weeks ago) I saw for the first time people bringing food into counter service places that they didn't order there. I saw it at CHH at MK and Pizzafari at AK. I think one person from their party was eating at CHH and Pizzafari.

Side note: last trip (2 weeks ago) I saw for the first time people bringing food into counter service places that they didn't order there. I saw it at CHH at MK and Pizzafari at AK. I think one person from their party was eating at CHH and Pizzafari.

Not much of a concern when Florida is under a well documented heatwave. For personal safety, all visitors are to seek out more time in a/c locations for longer amounts of time, especially if older, younger, or health compromised. Hence this thread.

President's Hall in MK is a great way to spend lots of time in a/c, we've had some very successful toddler nap times in this building. I was carrying out a sleeping child once & a CM directed me to a sofa I could sit on & let them continue sleeping.

Not much of a concern when Florida is under a well documented heatwave. For personal safety, all visitors are to seek out more time in a/c locations for longer amounts of time, especially if older, younger, or health compromised. Hence this thread.

President's Hall in MK is a great way to spend lots of time in a/c, we've had some very successful toddler nap times in this building. I was carrying out a sleeping child once & a CM directed me to a sofa I could sit on & let them continue sleeping.

We love Hall of President's too for a nice afternoon refresher and American Adventure.

Below is a complete list of A/C counter service in the parks:

MK
Columbia Harbor House
Pecos Bills
Cosmic Ray's
Pinnochio's
BOG - isn't lunch a quick service?

Epcot
Electric Umbrella
Sunshine Seasons
Liberty Inn
Boulangerie Patisserie (has limited indoor seating) - France
Katsuri Grill (has indoor and outdoor seating) - Japan

DHS
Backlot Express (go early or late to get indoor seating)
ABC Commissary
PizzeRizzo

AK
Pizzafari
Satu'li Canteen
Restaurantosaurus

Add La Cantina (lunch) in Epcot to make your list more "complete".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!