Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

P1850683-S.jpg
P1850684-S.jpg

Couldn't battle Mother Nature AND an overly cautious Houston Mayor after the Astroworld fiasco a few weeks ago...PARADE CANCELED...at 8:30 AM (parade start 9 AM) due to impending storm. Mayor SAID it was because of possible lightening but we never saw ONE bit of lightening and never heard thunder...and we were already all wet! :rolleyes1 Even the TV personalities hosting from the street (they had to make the announcement) couldn't believe it....they even said "I wonder if this is a joke?" :rolleyes1 They'd already presented the colors; we sang the National Anthem; said the Pledge of Allegiance and floats and bands were ready to "get the go"...

P1240390-S.jpg
P1240387-S.jpg
P1240402-S.jpg
P1240403-S.jpg
P1240404-S.jpg
P1240384-S.jpg

BUT...still had a fun time. As we were making our way back to the hotel I was STOPPED AND INTERVIEWED by one of the sponsoring stations news reporters :faint: and we walked into the lobby and got a phone call from Sara that the girls were going to do their number in the lobby! 😁 AND...just so happened the Live Hostess of the broadcast (local news anchor Deborah Duncan) was staying at the Hyatt and SHE walked into the lobby as the girls were lining up! So she rushed over and asked if she could introduce them! :goodvibes! Had a really good time with her...

P1240410-S.jpg
P1240412-S.jpg
P1240413-S.jpg
P1240430-S.jpg
P1240431-S.jpg
P1240455-S.jpg
:tink:

P1850683-S.jpg
P1850684-S.jpg

Couldn't battle Mother Nature AND an overly cautious Houston Mayor after the Astroworld fiasco a few weeks ago...PARADE CANCELED...at 8:30 AM (parade start 9 AM) due to impending storm. Mayor SAID it was because of possible lightening but we never saw ONE bit of lightening and never heard thunder...and we were already all wet! :rolleyes1 Even the TV personalities hosting from the street (they had to make the announcement) couldn't believe it....they even said "I wonder if this is a joke?" :rolleyes1 They'd already presented the colors; we sang the National Anthem; said the Pledge of Allegiance and floats and bands were ready to "get the go"...

P1240390-S.jpg
P1240387-S.jpg
P1240402-S.jpg
P1240403-S.jpg
P1240404-S.jpg
P1240384-S.jpg

BUT...still had a fun time. As we were making our way back to the hotel I was STOPPED AND INTERVIEWED by one of the sponsoring stations news reporters :faint: and we walked into the lobby and got a phone call from Sara that the girls were going to do their number in the lobby! 😁 AND...just so happened the Live Hostess of the broadcast (local news anchor Deborah Duncan) was staying at the Hyatt and SHE walked into the lobby as the girls were lining up! So she rushed over and asked if she could introduce them! :goodvibes! Had a really good time with her...

P1240410-S.jpg
P1240412-S.jpg
P1240413-S.jpg
P1240430-S.jpg
P1240431-S.jpg
P1240455-S.jpg

That stinks the parade was cancelled. The blue costumes are adorable.

They started working on the parade number in JULY during Dora Camp, so it was a huge disappointment BUT they still had a memorable couple of days. After cancelation last year due to Covid, they were able to revive "traditions" of "dress up dinner", the pajama fashion show, the "I'm thankful for" circle, the sponge rollers in their hair and staying up ALL NIGHT! They had to be at parade spot at 4:30 AM for TV interviews and got play time on 3 Houston stations. :goodvibes The 2nd lady was trying to learn their routine and high kick with them! When Katie walked into my sisters house this evening all her cousins clapped and shouted..."....and HERE'S KATIE....! She slept all the way home from Houston and is still exhausted but fun memories for her...

P1240332-S.jpg
P1240344-S.jpg
P1850650-S.jpg
P1240482-S.jpg
P1240487-S.jpg
P1240500-S.jpg
P1240504-S.jpg
P1240492-S.jpg

That stinks the parade was cancelled. The blue costumes are adorable.

They were striking! Was hoping they could wear them tomorrow night at the football game but the other teams colors are blue :headache: so they'll be in their regular uniforms. There were A LOT of people disappointed. The Kilgore Rangerettes performed anyway 😁; after the participants were dismissed the girls walked right up to the performance area, started their music and did their routine....much to the delight of everyone else that was left! I understand the caution but why not postpone an hour or 2? That's what's done during sporting events. I guess there just wasn't a place to "put people" to get them off the streets for that short period of time but it didn't even RAIN HARD afterwards! It had rained harder at 7:30 AM! The heavy rain didn't get to downtown Houston until about 1 PM! :tink:

REFS WERE H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E 🤬! It got so noisy/rowdy at my sisters house (FULL of Cowboys fans) the 8 & 9 year olds were told they should probably leave the room! 😂 Katie was laughing so hard at her cousin, Clint, she just about fell off the bar stool! I mean...it was getting ridiculous :faint:! I told David in the 1st quarter if they were going to win this game it was going to be the HARDEST WAY POSSIBLE and they just about pulled it off but couldn't battle another football team AND the refs. Some of those pass interference calls were $%&*@#$! :headache: Doesn't help either with the starters being injured AND one with Covid; oh well....will have to try again next week! :rolleyes1:tink:

The refs were so bad. When Don comments on how bad they are you know they have to be pretty bad. At the end of the game they were saying how they were going to award the "turkey drumstick" to the person who contributed most to the outcome of the game and at the same time me and Don yelled out it should go to the refs.

The refs were so bad. When Don comments on how bad they are you know they have to be pretty bad. At the end of the game they were saying how they were going to award the "turkey drumstick" to the person who contributed most to the outcome of the game and at the same time me and Don yelled out it should go to the refs.

Heard on the local sports last night that game had more penalty calls than ANY game in NFL history! :faint: TOTALLY AGREE with Don...the REFS did earn the "Turkey Drumstick" award yesterday! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter