Where has Charles been ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reason, it just occurred to me yesterday that Charles hadn't been writing or in the podcast for a while, and I found this thread. SO disappointed. He was a fantastic addition to the team and a truly talented writer. I do wish him all the best and will definitely miss him. :sad1:

I’m bummed out that Charles has left but I wish him the best. I remember early on I thought he didn’t fit in with the podcast but I liked his input. Once he started cracking jokes he shot to the top of my favorite team members.

Definitely had a introspective Style and a Knack for writing..perhaps he had an opportunity to continue in that vein elsewhere... Best of Luck!

I will also miss Charles quite a bit! He offered such a balanced perspective and I enjoyed listening to him - because of his content and his speaking voice. Hopefully he’ll reappear in some way in the future!

Much luck and love to you , Charles, if you are reading this. I thoroughly enjoyed your dry humor, honesty, your ability to talk about your anxiety issues and how to have a great time at the parks in spite of them. You will be missed!

He is truly unique, which made him such a fantastic addition to the show. I love all of them, but he was certainly one of my favorites. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll start his own vlog, one can hope!

It's an absolute disappointment Charles is no longer part of the crew. He actually could legitimately describe things especially food without saying "good" or "tasty" like some other people on the dining shows do. I'm looking at childs palate Steve Porter.

Well that’s terribly rude. I don’t know why you felt the need to insult other people on the show. Just praise Charles and have that be it.

I'm looking at childs palate Steve Porter.

I think Steve is a great asset to all of the podcasts TheDis put out; but I have to agree on this one - for me, at least, he doesn't add much to the dining shows - I'm not sure how many chicken nugget reviews I can listen to :-).

All the best to Charles. Hope we see him again in the future!

Yeah, wow. Poor Steve. The man admits to a having a simple and basic palate - so what? If a chef can't please ALL kinds of palates - from the simplest to the most complicated, I would think there's a problem with his/her skills. And the wide range of tastes in this world (in everything, including food) is what makes people unique and more interesting, IMHO. So can't we all please give Steve a break? He's a simple dude.......and?????

It's a wonder why anyone would want to be creative and put themselves in the public eye with so many people eager to criticize them on a message board owned by their company.

Welcome to the world of the media. No matter the media - if you create content, there will be critics. This isn't a bad thing. No one is (as far as I can see) being nasty about it, just observing and commenting.

To get constructive criticism from a variety of view-points will help the team put together better content. If all feedback was perpetually positive - they would keep doing the things we dislike or perhaps isn't working, and never explore new avenues. After all - we are the viewer, and I'm fairly certain they make content for us to consume. I expect they want to know when something isn't working. Of course - that's not to imply that everyone agrees with the view points of those that don't enjoy Steve's food reviews - but we shouldn't want to censor those offering feedback.

If a chef can't please ALL kinds of palates - from the simplest to the most complicated, I would think there's a problem with his/her skills.

At no point did anyone suggest there was a problem with simple or complex foods on a menu - as you observed, that's exactly as you'd expect in a restaurant.

At no point did anyone suggest there was a problem with simple or complex foods on a menu - as you observed, that's exactly as you'd expect in a restaurant.

Ummm.....my point was more towards a chef and restaurant catering to ALL tastes, including a very basic palate, such as Steve's, and making EVERYONE happy, more so than all types of food being available on a menu - (which I believe they should be). And posters making what I consider to be bordering on personal malignment and attacks towards him because of that basic preference. NO taste, or opinion, is good or bad (and especially does not make that person so) it simply IS, and is personal. And I believe deserves to be represented amongst all the other spectrum of palates on the Team when doing reviews. That's all.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of the media. No matter the media - if you create content, there will be critics. This isn't a bad thing. No one is (as far as I can see) being nasty about it, just observing and commenting.

To get constructive criticism from a variety of view-points will help the team put together better content. If all feedback was perpetually positive - they would keep doing the things we dislike or perhaps isn't working, and never explore new avenues. After all - we are the viewer, and I'm fairly certain they make content for us to consume. I expect they want to know when something isn't working. Of course - that's not to imply that everyone agrees with the view points of those that don't enjoy Steve's food reviews - but we shouldn't want to censor those offering feedback.

I’ve worked in media for 15 years. Thanks though.

It’s just a real shame that nice people like Tyler and Katrina had to deal with “omg they’re terrible. The Disneyland team was so much better before them!!!!!” posts here – then we wonder why they disappeared out of nowhere.

Last edited:
I’ve worked in media for 15 years. Thanks though.

Then I'm surprised you're so reactive and shocked that criticism of media is a thing.

It’s just a real shame that nice people like Tyler and Katrina had to deal with “omg they’re terrible. The Disneyland team was so much better before them!!!!!” posts here – then we wonder why they disappeared out of nowhere.

I wasn't part of that and haven't made any posts like that about any of the team members. Seriously though, do you just want to live in a world where no feedback is given unless it's positive? How would they know what's working and what isn't? If you put yourself out there, not everyone is going to like you -- as a person of the media, I'm sure you don't need me explaining this though.

I certainly see that there is a place for Steve's simple pallet on the dining reviews. For those who have family members (children or not) who are similar, it is great to get that viewpoint. Unfortunately, with the loss of Charles, there isn't anyone on the other end of the spectrum. My family ALL are adventurous eaters. (Yes, even when children - my son insisted on eating hot wings at 2 and was trying, and loving, escargot and conch fritters at 5) Without Charles, there isn't anyone on the dining show who will deliberately try the "weird and different" food. Can you imagine any of the others deliberately ordering the goat dish? I will really miss Charles on the dining reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter