Where do you most look forward to eating.....

Sometimes we don't feel like eating so much after the food on the flight and time difference - it depends. We did the character meal at GF on our first ever trip - first night, but kids were too tired to enjoy.

This year, kids are bigger, so we are planning about 90 minutes at MK, then order snacks or whatever from room service whilst watching fireworks from the balcony at the poly - can't wait.

how can you eat that bloomin onion??....it's soooooooooooooooooooooooo oily.....we ordered it once and i had a little of it and then i couldn't eat my meal (and was sick for the rest of the night).....sooooooooooo much oil in that thing...
I'm not a big fan of the Outback as you can see (my sister's family adores it though)....the only thing that's somewhat edible is the salmon, but even that is just so so…….there are other restaurants with much much much better salmon than at the Outback (e.g., Citricos at the GF has amazing salmon...the best i've ever had anywhere.......even the 50's prime time cafe dinner has far superior salmon than the outback....).

i'll agree with the Olive Garden.....good food and reasonable prices......i love the bottomless salad there......

Oh Beth, it is so yummy!!!

starters_BloominOnion.gif

Though I do agree it is somewhat greasy.

Awwwwwww that just looks so yummy :) I have heard there is one in Basildon somewhere?

I think that's right fizzypop, Allie5 has eaten there I think.

There's definitely one in Birmingham as I have eaten there :)

On arrival day last year, we ended up at Denny's so it seemed only right that it should be our first port of call this year. No doubt it will be the same next year - after all, it's almost a tradition now.

patdavies said:
Whenever we go to the States, we look forward to an early meal at Denny's.

I know that it is not upmarket, but to us it is part of being in the US and also illustrates just what Little Chef should have been.

Here, here Pat! Our first night we often just grab a sandwich from the supermarket if we're hungry but our first 'proper' meal - usually at about 6am or some other ungodly hour! - is ALWAYS a breakfast at Dennys! DH has an original gram slam, I have a french toast meal and DD has frech toaties (fingers) and sausages. Plenty of OJ alround and several cups of coffee for DH and I...................Yummmmm! :sunny:

United Kingdom
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE
Wandsworth
Dolphin House
Smugglers Way
Wandsworth London SW181EG
United Kingdom

Telephone: + 44-2088-771599
Fax: + 44-2088-777181
Email: ob1@outbackpom.com OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE
The Brewery
Loading Dock 1
Unit FR8 Romford, Essex RM1 1AG
United Kingdom

Telephone: + 44-1708-737955
Telephone: + 44-1708-729845
Email: ob2@outbackpom.com

Off Waterloo Rd, right next to the flicks at the Brewery.

OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE
Southbury Road
Enfield
Middlesex
EN1 1YQ
United Kingdom

Telephone: + 44-20-8367-7881
Fax: + 44-20-8367-7891
Email: ob3@outbackpom.com

By Southbury Leisure centre, adjacent to the UGC Cinema at the corner of the A10, Great Cambridge Road, and Southbury Road. Nearest Station is Enfield Town. OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE
Yardley Business Park
Miles Gray Road
Basildon
Essex
SS14 3GN

Telephone: 01268 534663
Email: ob4@outbackpom.com

OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE
Thames Edge
15 - 18 Clarence Street
Staines TW18 4BU

Telephone: 01784 459 494
Email: ob6@outbackpom.com

Right beside Staines Bridge, 10 minutes from Heathrow Airport.
List of uk outbacks and they are due to open more soon.Sory miffy but the one in Birmmingham has shut down early this year thinhk web site is www.outbackpom.com
Paulh

Thanks for that paul :) I know where I will be eating next weekend :)

Our first US meal and one I look forward to is a teraky (sp) chicken from the food court at Newark. I feel rough on the plane and the kids don't eat airline food either so this is the first thing we have since breakfast. I don't know if it's the hunger but it's very tasty.

I'd love to try some of the restaurants mentioned but the kids autism means that we usually have to eat at buffet places while we are there. Our favorite and the one we look forward to most is Sweet Tomato

Like TinkTatoo our first US meal is always at Newark - we have the General Tsao's chicken - I can taste it now!
2nd Us 'meal' is at Orlando International - Cinabon's

Crystal Palace character breakfast. We love it so much we sometimes go twice in one holiday! I worked out its actually cheaper than the buffet at the Buena Vista Palace and there's no eeyor at that one! Bring on the Mickey shaped pancakes!

Cheryl :sunny:

Hi tinktatoo not sure if you mean teriyaki chicken, if so have you tried it at the nascar restaurant in city walk it is delicious also bourbon chicken is very similar now my mouth is watering

Deedee said:
Hi tinktatoo not sure if you mean teriyaki chicken, if so have you tried it at the nascar restaurant in city walk it is delicious also bourbon chicken is very similar now my mouth is watering

I do and thanks for spelling it for me :teeth: I think we might have to check out the Nascar resturant as the bourbon chicken sounds lovely

RUSHBURY said:
Like TinkTatoo our first US meal is always at Newark - we have the General Tsao's chicken - I can taste it now!
2nd Us 'meal' is at Orlando International - Cinabon's

LOL - our 2nd meal is at Starbucks at MCO :cool1:

TinkTatoo said:
I'd love to try some of the restaurants mentioned but the kids autism means that we usually have to eat at buffet places while we are there. Our favorite and the one we look forward to most is Sweet Tomato

We are in a similar sitiuation with our Joshua which means we cannot enjoy the luxury of nice restaurants.
Staying in a villa though we often go to places like the Outback and get a take-away.
We are trying to push him into having a bit more patience so the likes of Ponderosa and Golden Corral may be options for us next year.

Anyway there's always KFC! I just love those wedges.
Only problem is every time I have gone there in the past my wife dreads to think what I will come back with, they always have free cakes/scones etc - we have enough to eat for a week (especially as last time I got 6 boxes of wedges - between 2 of us, Josh had a handful too)....they never seem to understand what you are ordering through the drive-thru.

JohnnySharp2 said:
.........Staying in a villa though we often go to places like the Outback and get a take-away.......................We are trying to push him into having a bit more patience so the likes of Ponderosa and Golden Corral may be options for us next year..............

The Outback take-away is a good idea and one we hadn't thought of. We usually eat in the Golden Corral because the kids can go straight up to the buffet as soon as we are seated and they have enough of a selection so that they each find something they will eat only down side is that they are usually on their deserts and wanting to leave before we have even had one plate of food :) .

Give it a try and see how Josh gets on

TinkTatoo said:
The Outback take-away is a good idea and one we hadn't thought of. We usually eat in the Golden Corral because the kids can go straight up to the buffet as soon as we are seated and they have enough of a selection so that they each find something they will eat only down side is that they are usually on their deserts and wanting to leave before we have even had one plate of food :) .

Give it a try and see how Josh gets on

Thanks we will - our problem with Joshua's autism is that we think there will always be something for him to eat..but having seen that he is okay it will be difficult for him to want to hang around whilst we have something!
Having said that we had breakfast at a Ponderosa this year and he was fine - guess we just like to play safe , but probably need to push him a bit more.

JohnnySharp2 said:
Thanks we will - our problem with Joshua's autism is that we think there will always be something for him to eat..but having seen that he is okay it will be difficult for him to want to hang around whilst we have something!................

That can be a problem and one we had for a long time - still do to an extent but we can usually get to finish most of our meal, or I take the kids for a look in the gift shop next door while DH finishes his.

Just an idea but have you thought about taking a distraction toy for him to play with while he waits for you?? our friends do this with their son, he has a gameboy which he plays on and it means they get to stay longer than they normally would.

TinkTatoo said:
That can be a problem and one we had for a long time - still do to an extent but we can usually get to finish most of our meal, or I take the kids for a look in the gift shop next door while DH finishes his.

Just an idea but have you thought about taking a distraction toy for him to play with while he waits for you?? our friends do this with their son, he has a gameboy which he plays on and it means they get to stay longer than they normally would.

Oh yes we always take a few books and small toys, cars, playmobil figures etc on holiday with us - we also take a portable DVD player but have never really considered taking that with us.

We have to push him more though, otherwise he will never get more confident and we will never know what he can or cannot do...and we rarely eat out whilst at home.
I guess staying in a villa and having cooking facilities means we can avoid it but I think we need to try it more and more to improve his confidence, so we will next year for certain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter