where do u get the GAC card at DCA?

suzcruz

Mouseketeer
travelling for the first time with my BFF's autistic son and wanted to know where we had to go in the park to get this, thank you

travelling for the first time with my BFF's autistic son and wanted to know where we had to go in the park to get this, thank you

at Guest Services/Relations...whatever you want to call it lol...once you go through the turnstyle it is to the left of you:goodvibes

If you are going before July 15, this might not be true. Right now DCA' entrance is a complete mess. I believe Guest Services is to the left of the turnstyles, but it is outside the park, BEFORE you enter. If you are going after June 5, I'm sure the previous info will be correct.

Yes, it does depend on when you will be there. Before the grand opening, due to the construction, Guest Relations is in a trailer. When you enter DCA, everyone is funneled to the right, behind Soarin. About a quarter of the way down this path, there is a trailer on your left. That is Guest Relations.

After the remodel, I believe Guest Relations will be in its old spot, directly on your left as you enter the park. A CM I spoke to recently said she thought it was going to be called City Hall or Town Hall.

Im new to this and hope this gets thru. We are planning an October visit and I have a son who lives with autism. What is the GAC card? Im wondering if this something that might be helpful to us.

Im new to this and hope this gets thru. We are planning an October visit and I have a son who lives with autism. What is the GAC card? Im wondering if this something that might be helpful to us.

A GAC is a Guest Assistance Card. It alerts cast members that your party has special needs. You ask for one at Guest Relations and explain your needs and how Disney can help you. They stamp your card and you show the card at the attraction. There is a whole disabilities forum here and I will post the FAQs from it. The GAC FAQs are in post 6. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713

Read that and ask questions as needed! :)

I was there in March of this year. and got mine from City Hall in DL. where I was able to use it on most of the rides.. Dont know where to get one in DCA.

The trouble you may encounter in DCA is that most of the rides are wheelchair accessible and so dont really recognize the GAC in the park. they will most likely tell you to get a fast pass.

I know your friends sons' issues will be waiting in line and not mobility so I would think it would be even more so them telling you to get a fastpass..

Hope you all have a great time.

I was there in March of this year. and got mine from City Hall in DL. where I was able to use it on most of the rides.. Dont know where to get one in DCA.

The trouble you may encounter in DCA is that most of the rides are wheelchair accessible and so dont really recognize the GAC in the park. they will most likely tell you to get a fast pass.

I know your friends sons' issues will be waiting in line and not mobility so I would think it would be even more so them telling you to get a fastpass..

Hope you all have a great time.

I don't think the fact that DCA is more wheelchair accessible means it is troublesome. I think that is awesome. I understand why DL is not as wheelchair friendly, but I applaud that DCA is much more accessible. I think most folks just want to be treated equally.

And there are multiple types of stamps for the GAC, so just be sure to explain your needs and they will take care of the rest. The needs of one person can be very different from the needs of another, so just because the GAC wasn't needed in DCA for someone else, doesn't mean you won't be helped. If you run into a problem, don't hesitate to return to Guest Relations and say what didn't work. They will be happy to assist you further.

If you are going before July 15, this might not be true. Right now DCA' entrance is a complete mess. I believe Guest Services is to the left of the turnstyles, but it is outside the park, BEFORE you enter. If you are going after June 5, I'm sure the previous info will be correct.

I could be wrong but I thought the entrance should be settled and opened by June 15, the same as cars land....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter