Where can I buy a resale?

Be1021

Mouseketeer
Aside from GMC and the timeshare store, is there any other place where buyers can connect with sellers and eliminate the middleman?

There may be but what would be the point? There would more than likely be no cost savings since Disney practices right of first refusal so nothing can sell really low. Just dealing with someone like TTS handle the sale would put my mind at ease. Just for hah hahs I googled FSBO timeshares and found very few active and informative sites.

Brownie

I purchased from ***********, she had the contract that I was looking for, and everything is going smooth.:cool1:

Aside from GMC and the timeshare store, is there any other place where buyers can connect with sellers and eliminate the middleman?

Unfortunately, they cannot be mentioned on this website. Thus the **** on the previous post.

Unfortunately, they cannot be mentioned on this website. Thus the **** on the previous post.

What is the reason for not allowing them to be mentioned? I see we can mention TSS and also GMC, but why not some of the others?:confused3

You can likely look at the banner on the top of the board and make a guess :idea:. TSS is a sponsor and since the pay the bills, they make the rules.
BOB

You can likely look at the banner on the top of the board and make a guess :idea:. TSS is a sponsor and since the pay the bills, they make the rules.
BOB

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Sponsors on the DIS do NOT have a say on what discussion is allowed or what other businesses may be mentioned. There are links already in this thread to other resale brokers and sites where resales are advertised. GMAC, Redweek, TUG, atimeshare and several others have been used by DIS members in the past in addition to The Timeshare Store - who happens to sponsor this board.

While we won't get into specifics, there are some words, names, businesses and sites in the word filter for a variety of reasons - none of them because of a board sponsor. To my knowledge, there is only one resale broker in the DIS word filter - for reasons other than complaint by any sponsor.

I appreciate the journalistic integrity and am glad you keep this forum going, Doc. It has been a godsend in being an educated disney consumer, and I couldn't have made it thru buying my resale without it. Thanks for correcting me!
BOB

If you google search DVC resales you'll get a list. A lot of us bought from Jaki Apatz, who has started her own business (I don't think she's the one that stars out - but I thought we were at two or three now, not just one). If you google, the top hits will give you some names, you can come back and post them here for feedback. Also, while Tom sponsors this site, I think AllEarsNet and Mousesavers may both have different sponsors that may be worth checking out.

As Rob says, pricing is the same and really what you want is the right contract. However, some of the resellers seem to be better at getting the sale through quickly and making you feel like they are on the ball than others. Some really do a lot of work between the time you contact them and close, some really work on having a long relationship with you. That may or may not be important to you.

Does Disney factor in commission to the brokers when deciding on ROFR?
Disney pays the agreed to price and the seller pays the commission out of the proceeds as agreed to in the contract.

But if someone was to buy direct buyer to seller with no commission involved it would make sense that the price would be less. Does Disney factor this in when deciding on ROFR?

But if someone was to buy direct buyer to seller with no commission involved it would make sense that the price would be less. Does Disney factor this in when deciding on ROFR?

Disney considers all aspects of the offer when looking at ROFR - but if the agreed upon price falls below their acceptable floor, they will purchase the contract at the same terms. The seller will get the same price (from DVC) with no commission owed, but the buyer will have to start over again. (Any deposit paid would need to be refunded by the seller.) DVC does not publish anything about ROFR. We have a listing on this board with recently reported resale purchases allowing an idea of what ROFR may currently be runnning, but the ROFR floor won't likely be lower for private purchases handled without a broker - thus the issue for the buyer who is faced with the same purchase price either way.

In most cases, an offer "safe " from ROFR can easily be found thru a resale broker and the buyer gets the benefit of the expertise of the broker thru the purchase process. If a seller can find his own buyer , he can certainly save paying any commission - the only one with anything to lose is the buyer.

Disney looks at the fact you are buying it for less, and says "what a bargain" and buys it from under you. The seller gets the same deal from Disney that they would have gotten from you. Disney doesn't care if the seller pays a commission or not, they just care about the total final price that they buyer pays on the contract since they are fuctioning as the buyer.

In short, there are few "deals" for a buyer in buying DVC - either through Disney or through resale. There are contracts that are better than others (loaded contracts - ones with all the current years points and occationally some banked from last year - that go for the same price as stripped contracts - ones where not only do you not get this years points, but the previous owner borrowed all next years as well) - and once in a while something slips through ROFR that leaves the ROFR watchers scratching their heads and wondering if someone in the DVC offices wasn't paying attention, but its nearly impossible to structure a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter