When you wish upon a star..Hannah's make a wish trip

What an awsome trip report you have done :thumbsup2 The kids looked like they had so much fun. It truly is a once in a lifetime dream vacation. Hannah had a smile in every picture :) It seems like you did so much more than we did and we were there for 7 days!
I loved the matching shirts. Your pictures are fantastic :cool1: . I hope to post more on our trip report today. I am trying to pack up my oldest to move into college :sad2: tomorrow. It is a lot of work to write the report and post the picture, as you know.

Great pictures. I love Hannah and Logan! I really love the darling shirts you made. I want some for us but I truly have no clue when we would wear them...the kids will be changing clothes all day long every day as it is now!:laughing:

Thanks so much for the Santa pictures. I have been trying to explain to the kids that Santa will be there and I don't think they believed me until I showed them the pictures. You have done such an awesome job!:love:

Denise
I can't believe you are getting so close to your trip.You must just be bursting with excitment!

Oh I'm so glad that you guys had such a great adventure!!!
AWW, Thanks! It was amazing.We definitely had the trip of our dreams.

Wow, what a wonderful week you guys had!!!

I loved the pictures of Hannah's face paint! I'm surprised it stayed on so well on Kali River Rapids!!

All of the outfits looked fantastic!!!

I stayed up too late reading this, but it was so interesting I wanted to finish!
Thanks!Sorry to keep you up too late, but thanks for reading.:thumbsup2 We were suprised the face paint stayed on also.It really didn't start wearing off until late afternoon and then finally came off in the pool later.

What an awsome trip report you have done :thumbsup2 The kids looked like they had so much fun. It truly is a once in a lifetime dream vacation. Hannah had a smile in every picture :) It seems like you did so much more than we did and we were there for 7 days!
I loved the matching shirts. Your pictures are fantastic :cool1: . I hope to post more on our trip report today. I am trying to pack up my oldest to move into college :sad2: tomorrow. It is a lot of work to write the report and post the picture, as you know.
I know what you mean, the trip reports take a while but I am happy I did it, so I will have a diary of our trip.I was also excited to share it with all of you.

Great trip report, I am sad to see it coming to an end...:sad2:
Thanks a bunch, I am sad too!:goodvibes

Does this TR really have to end? I really really enjoyed it!! It actually inspired me to volunteer for my local Wish organization. I am going to an orientation soon!

Ok, I guess it's finally time to write about our last day.I hate that this trip report is coming to an end, it's almost like leaving disney all over again.

We woke up about 8:00 in Friday morning and headed over to the gingerbread house for our last meal at GKTW.When we were done we went back to the villa and finished packing all of our stuff.I really didn't think we bought all that much but I guess we ended up with a lot more than I realized.GKTW left gifts for us every day.By the end of the week we had a FULL duffle bag of stuff(the duffle was also a gift)I had put two extra fold up bags in our luggage and we needed to use them as well.On the way down we traveled with four checked suitcases and two carry on bags, one wheelchair and two CPAP machines.On the way home we traveled with 6 checked bags,3 carry ons, one wheelchair and 2 CPAPs.Holy moly! Check out time was 11:00 so we took a quick ride around the village to say goodbye.We used our borrowed video camera to tape it as well so we would always remember the village.I thought it would be hard to leave but felt ok about things, that is until Logan started to get teary and said "I don't want to leave this place".My thoughts exactly.Logan and I had a little cry together while Paul finished packing the van.We went to the houe of hearts to check out.We returned the video camera and were given a check out packet.The check out packet contained a really neat suprise called the world passport.For the next year ,there is a huge list of theme parks that will give us one day of free admission.Six flags parks and all kinds of others.We are hoping that will lead to some more great family memories.I was pretty amazed.We bid the village farewell and headed out.Our flight was scheduled to leave at 7:40 so we were advised to be at the airport around 5:30 pm.Since we had done all of the parks we planned on exporing Orlando a bit but mostly doing some last minute shopping.I wanted to bring some gifts home for my nieces and nephews and we really had not done much shopping yet.We went to a couple of stores and went to one flea market.I was excited about that until we got inside and found wall to wall junk.It was interesting but not what I expected.A thunderstorm rolled through so we spent a little longer there than I wanted to.We were able to find a few things there though.I felt like we had not spent much time at Down Town disney so we headed over there about 2:00.We grabbed a quick lunch at McDonalds.It was ok, but I found that it was a overstimulation nightmare and I wanted to scream by the time we left.It was SUPER loud and crazy there.We went to the World of Disney store and did some damage on our wallets.Then we headed over to Once Upon a Toy.I was super excited to be going there.I knew that they had the build your own lightsabers there and the little pony stuff and MR. Potatoe head.I fell bad that I hardly took any pictures this day.But here are a couple.
911.jpg

912.jpg

913.jpg

We really had a great time in this store.There are big bins and for one price you can stuff a box of my little pony disney accessories.They have super cute stuff and you can dress the ponies up like cinderella, jasmine etc.They also have a big area of Mr.Potato accessories that are exclusive of disney.It was starting to get late so we headed out of DTD and back on the road.We did stop at one more gift shop and got the rest of our goodies.I also ended up buying a minnie mouse bag here because there was no way we were getting all that stuff in our already overflowing suitcases.We spent a little bit of time in the Walmart parking lot, repacking and cramming stuff in.By this time it was around 5:00 so we headed out to the airport.Once again we had great directions so my anxiety about finding it was for nothing.We got inside and checked our bags.Then made our way through security.That was not a lot of fun, for some reason it took forever to get through and no one really seemed to have their act together there.Oh well.Finally we were through and we were in plenty of time for our flight.We went to our gate and settled down for our wait.
915.jpg

We had a nice seat in the corner of the terminal with a great view of the runway.The kids enjoyed watching the planes take off.We were scheduled to leave at 7:40.Not too long after we sat down the flight was pushed back to 8:55! Yikes.We knew that our wish granters would be meeting us at the Albany airport as well as a limo home, so I called Dena and told her of the change.Since the flight was delayed that would put us in at around midnight.I didn't want the girls to have to meet us that late, so I told Dena not to worry we would be fine on our own.The only issue was that Logan's booster seat was in Dena's car.After a few phone calls back and forth she decided to drop the seat at the airport for us(at Southwest's office) and she called the limo company to notify them of the change.I then went and grabbed the kids dinner (McDonalds again, but it was the only thing they would really eat)I came back to our seats and on the way through I noticed that the flight had been pushed back again, now it was 9:25.UGGG!!!!! Another phone call to Dena.She called me back a bit later and the limo company decided to track our flight online and promised to have someone waiting for us at the airport.Ok, now I could relax.The kids started making friends with the other kids waiting for the same flight.One little girl kept coming over and wanting to check out Hannah's stuff.She was cute and all, but she was annoying Hannah by actually going into Hannah's bag and pulling her special toys out.It didn't help that this was now after their bed times but we had been up late all week.This is Logan and a new freind playing with Logan's gameboy.It is dark but I didn't want to disturb other people with the flash as some were trying to catch a nap.
916.jpg

This is a picture of the runway as a large storm rolled through.It was pretty neat to see but I started doing the "what if" game in my head."what if a tornado goes through here, what would they do with us all?" You know, happy thoughts like that.;)
914.jpg

After a while Southwest finally told us that our flight was delayed due to horrible weather in Phily.Next thing we know the flight is now at 10:05.Perfect.:headache: Then 10:10.Basically all of Southwest's flights were running behind at this point.I have to say that the Southwest person making announcments had a sense of humor and we were trying to keep ours.We figured that if that was the only glitch in the whole vacation we could handle it.I think it was about 9:30 that I took Hannah to use the restroom.It was crowded so we went into one stall together.Hannah used the bathroom and then I did.As I stood up to flush my wallet fell out of my front pocket and INTO the toilet.I quickly grabbed it, but started sputtering and was SO grossed out.I guess Hannah was overtired but this struck her funny and she started to giggle. I started laughing too and we went to the sinks and I SCRUBBED my wallet as best as I could, all the while we are both laughing like maniacs.The rest of the people must have thought we were looney.Back to our seats and watched all the kids on the flight get real wound up from being overtired.Fun times.Hannah started getting tired and very quiet then and she got up and moved four seats down from us.She refused to look at us or speak.I guess she was sick of us at that point.
106.jpg

FINALLY the flight came rolling in and we had to wait while they all deplaned.Fortunately we had a pre boarding pass so I think we were about the third family to board.Hannah did GREAT this time.Once she knows what to expect she is a pro.We gate checked her wheel chair and this time she grabbed her pick princess bag and marched right on the plane.There was a SUPER nice flight attendant this time and she told us that teh flight was not full so go ahead and take up two rows if we wanted.Paul and I chose aisle seats across from each other and the kids sat in the middle seats.Logan was with Paul and Hannah with me.They were in a hurry to take off so everyone quickly boarded and we pushed back from the gate.I got the giggles again when the pilot very quiety said over the loudspeaker "SHHH, You are all getting VERRRY sleepy". We took off and were on our way back to Albany.I think we took off at about 10:30 pm.Now it was officially past the kids bedtime and well as mine.The nice flight attendant brought us all pillows and coloring books and wings for the kids.She also brought luggage tags and postcards that the kids could color.She was so sweet and spent some time with us chatting.Hannah had her make a wish shirt on and we talked about a little friend she had, who also did a wish.She was the nicest lady and really tried hard to make us comfortable.Logan passed out about 10 minutes after take off.After about an hour I couldn't keep my eyes open and dozed a bit.Hannah colored quietly for the entire three hour flight.Paul dozed a bit too, but I don't think he slept much.He started snoring about 15 minutes from home.I forgot to mention that he was scheduled to work (white water rafting) the next morning and had to be up at 6:00 am.Our flight arrived at about 1:30am and there was a nice man from the limo company there, just as promised.Paul retrieved our bags and I went to the office to grab Logan's booster seat.the Limo driver helped us load up and we were off.This time they sent a Large Van limo, which I had never seen before.It was quite neat though.I snapped these quick pics right before we all passed out in the limo for our hour ride home.
198.jpg

199.jpg

We pulled in and unloaded our stuff.I sent Paul to bed right away(it was 2:30 am) and then argued with the kids that it was time to SLEEP and NOT watch tv or play with their toys.I guess they were glad to be home.We had some beautiful flowers and balloons waiting for us too, from my parents.Finally I got them to bed and I crashed myself.

I am sorry to see this trip report end.It feels so final to me.Hopefully in the future I will be able to plan another trip and write another report.I do have to say that there will never again be a trip like this one.Make a Wish did everything to make Hannah's dreams come true.The WHOLE family felt very special and pamered the whole week.We were treated like royalty.Give Kids the World was AMAZING.All the parks and CM's were super nice and tried hard to make it special for us.I will never forget the kindness of others, especially all of those involved in the BIG GIVE.You all humble me.We will forever have happy memories of our magical week.I am happy to have made some new friends along the way.Thanks to all that have stuck with me on this report.It has been an amazing journey.Thank you all.
God bless, Heather , Paul, Hannah and Logan

Awww I'm so sad it's over! Sorry for the delays, but it sounds like it was a peaceful last day. I am so glad that your family had such a wonderful trip. I have really enjoyed reading your report. Thanks for sharing with us!

As an aside, Katie wants to volunteer together with me for Make-A-Wish, so today, I completed the online application for myself and downloaded two of the applications from our local chapter. Hopefully they'll let both of us be wishgranters! I am excited to get back into it!

I am so sad to hear it end.. I loved reading it tho and I am so in love with your kids. What a wonderful trip and I hope that Nick's is just as special. I am glad that Hannah got her wish.. she is so deserving!

Hi.
Your trip report was awesome. It makes me even more excited for our trip (if that's possible).

I have to thank you for the info on the build your own light saber!!! My DS loves Star Wars and will be thrilled to hear about it!!

I LOVED your shirts! How did you do it? I'd love to make some for my gang.

I'm sorry your trip report is over, but that just means it's time to start planning another one right? ;)

Heather, I share your sentiments!! I'm so glad you all had an amazing time, and I've loved reading about every minute of it. I almost feel as though we travelled together. :) I hope to stay in touch with you on the DISboards! Maybe we'll both have our next trips to write about soon!:goodvibes

Darn you Heather... i was fine up until the last paragraph. I'm reading at work :ssst: and now I'm crying ;) What a beautiful report. Now start scrapbooking :)

Heather - thank you for sharing all the details of your trip! What a wonderful trip report! I don't think I am going to be able to follow up your act, or Amy's. Like others have said, I feel like I went along with you!

Your last paragraph summed it up - what wonderful family memories you have created together - and you will always have these memories to share. I'm so glad that the DIS Wish Tripper families have been able to share it with you. We all know what it's like to face health and/or disability challenges with our children. From your trip report, I can see you were able to put those aside (mostly) while enjoying family fun. And I am so excited to think that everyone in the family felt so special. Many times I think that most people don't see the challenge Mark's disability presents for Douglas, and I really, really, really want him to feel like he's special too, because he is. And those DISboutique clothes are amazing!

Hope you'll stay on the boards, keep in touch and follow along as we approach our trip...less than 2 months now...

Alison

Aww, i am about to cry! What a great trip. Probably a long night getting home, but otherwise the whole thing sounded great!

I am so glad you included us in on this adventure as I enjoyed every minute of it.

Heather,
Thank you for sharing your trip with us.
I felt as if I truly was there every step of the way.
Your family is so special.
I'd like to invite you to comel along with DH and I when we go in Dec. hopefully I'll be able to post a TR worthy of yours.
May God keep blessing you, hope to hear more from you.

Awww I'm so sad it's over! Sorry for the delays, but it sounds like it was a peaceful last day. I am so glad that your family had such a wonderful trip. I have really enjoyed reading your report. Thanks for sharing with us!

As an aside, Katie wants to volunteer together with me for Make-A-Wish, so today, I completed the online application for myself and downloaded two of the applications from our local chapter. Hopefully they'll let both of us be wishgranters! I am excited to get back into it!
That is wonderful!!! I bet you will both be great at it.I know that Make a Wish will always hold a special place in my heart and I hope to be able to do something with them to help too.
I am so sad to hear it end.. I loved reading it tho and I am so in love with your kids. What a wonderful trip and I hope that Nick's is just as special. I am glad that Hannah got her wish.. she is so deserving!
Thanks so much, It was amazing and I know you will have an equally great time!!! I can't wait to be reading your trip report!

Hi.
Your trip report was awesome. It makes me even more excited for our trip (if that's possible).

I have to thank you for the info on the build your own light saber!!! My DS loves Star Wars and will be thrilled to hear about it!!

I LOVED your shirts! How did you do it? I'd love to make some for my gang.

I'm sorry your trip report is over, but that just means it's time to start planning another one right? ;)
You definitely need to go to Once Upon Toy in Downtown disney.The light saber was $20.00 but so much more special since Logan got to build it.Will should love it.I sent you a message about shirts on your trip report.

Heather, I share your sentiments!! I'm so glad you all had an amazing time, and I've loved reading about every minute of it. I almost feel as though we travelled together. :) I hope to stay in touch with you on the DISboards! Maybe we'll both have our next trips to write about soon!:goodvibes
Amy, we WILL stay in touch.I have loved sharing our trip reports and feel like I "know" you and your family.I need to keep up with your kids, so post once in a while with what you are all up to.You now I will harass you until you do.:lmao:
Darn you Heather... i was fine up until the last paragraph. I'm reading at work :ssst: and now I'm crying ;) What a beautiful report. Now start scrapbooking :)
Thank you.I have loved sharing this with you.Pure magic is the only way I can describe the experience.Scrabooking....it's calling my name...the kids start school tomorrow.I can't wait to get at it!

Heather - thank you for sharing all the details of your trip! What a wonderful trip report! I don't think I am going to be able to follow up your act, or Amy's. Like others have said, I feel like I went along with you!

Your last paragraph summed it up - what wonderful family memories you have created together - and you will always have these memories to share. I'm so glad that the DIS Wish Tripper families have been able to share it with you. We all know what it's like to face health and/or disability challenges with our children. From your trip report, I can see you were able to put those aside (mostly) while enjoying family fun. And I am so excited to think that everyone in the family felt so special. Many times I think that most people don't see the challenge Mark's disability presents for Douglas, and I really, really, really want him to feel like he's special too, because he is. And those DISboutique clothes are amazing!

Hope you'll stay on the boards, keep in touch and follow along as we approach our trip...less than 2 months now...

Alison
Alison, I have been thrilled to share this with you.We WILL stay in touch, I promise.I can't wait to hear all about your trip.I think you will find that you will ALL feel special.Even though it was Hannah's trip, it felt like OUR trip.It's nice to talk with other families who "get it".Your trip is getting so close.It will go fast.

Aww, i am about to cry! What a great trip. Probably a long night getting home, but otherwise the whole thing sounded great!

I am so glad you included us in on this adventure as I enjoyed every minute of it.
Thanks for sticking with me Jessica.I loved having you "with me". I am sure we will be staying in touch.I hope to keep up a little on the BIG GIVE boards.

Heather,
Thank you for sharing your trip with us.
I felt as if I truly was there every step of the way.
Your family is so special.
I'd like to invite you to comel along with DH and I when we go in Dec. hopefully I'll be able to post a TR worthy of yours.
May God keep blessing you, hope to hear more from you.
Thank you so much, I can't wait to hear all about your trip.I appreciate your kind words.No worries, I will be around, I am obsessed with disney now!

Thanks for sharing!!
Its amazing how I feel like I have gained a new set of friends from the Disboards and we have never met. I feel like I know you, Amy and Denise. We have followed each other through the Big Give and preparing for our trips and through the trip reports. We will always have a common link. I have enjoyed these Disboards and I hope everyone stays in touch :thumbsup2 . I am still working on our trip report while getting my oldest off to college and the other 4 to school every day.. Whew

Heather, thank you so much for your trip report and wonderful photos! I'm so glad I've been able to get to know you and your beautiful kids through this magical MAW trip! You left me in tears as well. :hug:

Awww, I'm sorry it's all over. It looks like you had such a wonderful trip. Sorry about the plane being so late! Did Paul get to work intime the next day?

Thanks for sharing!!
Its amazing how I feel like I have gained a new set of friends from the Disboards and we have never met. I feel like I know you, Amy and Denise. We have followed each other through the Big Give and preparing for our trips and through the trip reports. We will always have a common link. I have enjoyed these Disboards and I hope everyone stays in touch :thumbsup2 . I am still working on our trip report while getting my oldest off to college and the other 4 to school every day.. Whew
I so feel the same way! Wow, it's hard to find the time to write isn't it? Wow, college, that's a big step.

Heather, thank you so much for your trip report and wonderful photos! I'm so glad I've been able to get to know you and your beautiful kids through this magical MAW trip! You left me in tears as well. :hug:
Aww, thanks.I am glad you have stuck with me.I am glad to know you too.:hug:

Awww, I'm sorry it's all over. It looks like you had such a wonderful trip. Sorry about the plane being so late! Did Paul get to work intime the next day?
Thanks, I know I will be following your family because I just love your trip reports! Paul did make it to work on time.He says that a day on the river is like play any day, even when he is tired.He didn't mind too much but he was dragging when he got home that night.

I just caught up on the last 1/2 of your trip report today. I loved every minute of it! Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us! All of the pictures were great and it was wonderful to see you all enjoying your vacation together. I'm sad it's over, too! You will definitely have to plan another trip soon!

I LOVE it! Isn't that Tessa's future husband I spy???:love: Logan refuses to eat chocolate. there must be something wrong with him.

Yes, that's "her Lukey". They are going to meet each other in February!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter