When will July hours be updated?

I see they added AK night EMH 10:00 to 12:00 every night for July and August !

I don't see every night in August. Looks like it stops Aug 19. Anyone see something different?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I just check disney world website park hours.

Sorry....I didn't mean 1 or 2 am......I meant 1 or 2 night time EMH. Do they offer those in August usually?
Not until 2am anymore, typically. (2am is nighttime.) MK used to regularly close at midnight in summer, & have EMH until 2am, but with the reduction of summer crowds has come shorter summer hours. Now MK closes at 10 or 11pm in summer, and has EMK until midnight or 1am.

Not until 2am anymore, typically. (2am is nighttime.) MK used to regularly close at midnight in summer, & have EMH until 2am, but with the reduction of summer crowds has come shorter summer hours. Now MK closes at 10 or 11pm in summer, and has EMK until midnight or 1am.
The poster means one or two occurrences of nighttime EMH.....not EMH that go until 1 or 2 AM.

The whole time we'll be in there (2nd and 3rd week of July) looks like Animal Kingdom has EMH from 10-midnight.

I don't see every night in August. Looks like it stops Aug 19. Anyone see something different?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I just check disney world website park hours.
Yes ends August 19th. Sorry I was excited and didnt check all the way past the 19th :(

The more I think about this, the more annoyed I become. I didn't want to go in the summer but agreed with my teens only BECAUSE of the longer hours because I am going to positively MELT in the summer heat/sun. PLUS, I ponied up for a monorail resort to be close to MK. 10pm - seriously? At least 11 Disney!! Are the hotels empty? Mine isn't. It shows no rooms available for my dates except for concierge.

Last edited:
I know I'm going against the grain, but as I've said before, I don't really have any solid reason to truly "complain". Sure, it stinks...and it really is bad timing for us. We've done at least 6 or 7 prior trips in July and never even looked or cared what time they closed because our kids were really too young to stay out really late (we're not late night owls ourselves). So we never stayed past 10pm anyway. Now, they're 13, 9, 9 and would be capable of an 11pm closing...and of course this year they're going to close at 10pm. But I really can't complain about it. The park is still open 13 hours (it's 9am opening, right?) during the day, hard to complain about that.

With the 10pm close, we'll have the opportunity to close the park several times, and that's great. So while we're disappointed, really it's not that big of a deal. I have no idea why they're doing it, but my guess is still that the staffing they would have devoted to keeping MK open late is now being used to keep AK open late. Keeping both MK and AK open to 11pm or later every night would have been a much bigger expense and strain on their resources.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter