• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will July hours be updated?

I'm waiting for them to update them I don't want to leave at MK at 10 when it's SUPER early (we can stay awake until 1 am)

I have a feeling they're as updated as they're going to get. It's already June 15th. I wish it were later too, but we're not night owls normally anyway so it won't hurt us too much.

Maybe they are sticking with the earlier closing to balance costs on keeping AK open at night now.

Also noticed they only have one RoL scheduled at AK after the 8th. They must be expecting lower crowds.

We are fast approaching FP selection day for August. Would have loved at least some updated hours for AK even if they just updated only July it would give us a small sense of their thinking for August. But Disney's going to do what Disney's going to do and I have learned to practice patience and be flexible with my inflexible ADRs and must have FPs. But it's not easy! :hyper:

They probably are undecided on what hours to make after the 4th and are waiting to see how things work out with Pandora opening. LOL this is a guess of course.

If they extend MK hours, will they push HEA back? Is it even that dark at 9:00pm?

If they extend MK hours, will they push HEA back? Is it even that dark at 9:00pm?

I don't know what the hours were last year as we didn't go to the parks, but I do know on July 19 Wishes was shown at 9:00 pm. We had dinner at Narcoosee's that night and were surprised when we saw them go off that early. We had been going in late June/July for several years and never saw them before 10:00 pm.

And yes, it was right before that it become dark, but I have video from about 9:05 pm and definitely dark.

I read somewhere else an update (who knows if it will extend hours like we all want) is due at the weekend.

Last July we watched Wishes from the Cali Grill and it was a 10pm start.

Right now AK closes at 9:30 in August. I think it gets dark about 8:15. That wont leave much time to see Pandora all lite up for dark or the night safari.

I read somewhere else an update (who knows if it will extend hours like we all want) is due at the weekend.

Last July we watched Wishes from the Cali Grill and it was a 10pm start.
I was also thinking we would likely see an update after this weekend. My guess was after the 15th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter