When will July hours be updated?

I called again just now and was told for a third time that only Pandora will be open during AK evening EMH. I'm just going to accept that. :(

The last time I went to WDW in July for evening EMH was July 25-27, 2005. The MK was opened until 2am. I haven't been keeping up with July hours since then.

Not only does MK close at 10, but so do the resort pools...:sad1: I'm thinking this might be our last summer WDW trip for a while.

The EWP can be seen from the resorts on Bay Lake as it goes by those resorts all the way to Fort Wilderness.

I may be wrong but I think The EWP has the same schedule every night year round.

The MK is its "last stop," after all the Seven Seas resorts, and usually only scheduled when they have "late park hours." When the park closes earlier, it doesn't go by the MK (or, at least, they don't turn on the lights).

I have no idea if Disney considers 10PM "late park hours."

Great idea!
Well I got an email from Disney and all sent was explaining what extra magic were :( It looks like an automated message they send everyone asking about extra magic hours. They did not answer my question about if there was any chance they would open other rides beside Pandora.

I checked FPs for Monday July 10 and every ride, except the Pandora ones, have FPs available at some point during the day. Maybe the parks will be empty! Fingers crossed.

We were looking to schedule a last minute WDW trip over July 4th week due to cheap flights ($49 deal with Frontier) and a discount for Caribbean Beach. It would be a mostly pool/resort trip since we just did 7 full park days in April, but I thought we would buy a one day ticket to MK. We love the 'fringe' hours 8 am opens and 12-1am closes. But after checking MKs hours I don't think its worth it. We had much longer hours when we were there in early April! A 10pm summer time close is just crazy! They may not be expecting it to be super crowded but they should at least know to expect it to be hot and that people would appreciate nighttime hours! We aren't willing to do the 3rd and 4th since we only have one day, so I guess the trip is off the table for now, but I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on it. We had been hoping to do a summer trip next summer as our oldest will start school, but if this is the way summer is going to go for now on, I will deal with Spring Break crowds and cooler weather every time!

That's weird. In all my years of watching it's had the same schedule. I guess it was just a coincidence.

Poly 9:00
GF 9:15
WL 9:35
FW 9:45
CR 10:10
MK 10:35 when park is open late.
Lol, well I gave myself 2% wiggle room. 8-)
It certainly possible that this is a recent change. I never checked before this year that I remember. Because we were at BRV at WL I specifically remember checking it because I was hoping for a Bay Lake side room. And I had noted 9:35 in April when I checked it. Then later I noticed 10:35 for June (our trip was 6/3-6/11) but I was confused so I checked May and it said 9:35. So I was just hoping the schedule for June was correct and we did see it one night when we were on the way back by boat from MK after a 10 o'clock close (I never did get that Bay Lake view room I requested).

As far as I know, yes, they are only for Pandora. I would personally like to see MK close a little later.
Ah, yes, I agree! I would definitely like later nighttime MK hours so I can be in MK, and so with AK the only park with late hours everyone will be there and it'll be crowded and won't even be able to use FP!
Also wish they'd have DS open later in stead of closing midnight, with restaurants closing at 11 I think it is.

Still holding out hope for at least 11 PM closes at MK for July/Aug. We go in summer because parks open late and we can swim/cool off at hotel during hottest part of day. 10 pm close at MK just seems too early.
Yes, at least 11 pm, but I was expecting 12, maybe even 1 am before I looked up hours for this time of year. Hopefully they are just slow at admitting they need longer nighttime hours! They had at least 11 last year I think so hopefully it's just a matter of time. That whole - they always add hours late- seems like can't count on that the way it seems we could in the past.

Still doesn't make sense to me that MK would be open until 11 today, but NOT in July? I still have to think they will change at the last minute.
Yes, I agree, that makes no sense, and for August as well. At least the first half of Aug is people still doing summer vacations! And August heat, as I hear is brutal and we need the night time hours! DD26 has started working in the school system so we are doing our bigger trip in August instead of early Dec and this will be brutal and I'm dreading the heat and humidity! And I was so surprised to see hours that were less than we've had in early Dec or second, third week in Nov. It's summer time, people are on vacation and stay up late because of that and to avoid the daytime heat!

It certainly possible that this is a recent change. I never checked before this year that I remember. Because we were at BRV at WL I specifically remember checking it because I was hoping for a Bay Lake side room. And I had noted 9:35 in April when I checked it. Then later I noticed 10:35 for June (our trip was 6/3-6/11) but I was confused so I checked May and it said 9:35. So I was just hoping the schedule for June was correct and we did see it one night when we were on the way back by boat from MK after a 10 o'clock close (I never did get that Bay Lake view room I requested).

Was 9:35 the time it got to WL or MK? 9:35 is the usual normal time for WL. It gets to MK an hour later/

Ah, yes, I agree! I would definitely like later nighttime MK hours so I can be in MK, and so with AK the only park with late hours everyone will be there and it'll be crowded and won't even be able to use FP!
Also wish they'd have DS open later in stead of closing midnight, with restaurants closing at 11 I think it is.

Yes, at least 11 pm, but I was expecting 12, maybe even 1 am before I looked up hours for this time of year. Hopefully they are just slow at admitting they need longer nighttime hours! They had at least 11 last year I think so hopefully it's just a matter of time. That whole - they always add hours late- seems like can't count on that the way it seems we could in the past.

Yes, I agree, that makes no sense, and for August as well. At least the first half of Aug is people still doing summer vacations! And August heat, as I hear is brutal and we need the night time hours! DD26 has started working in the school system so we are doing our bigger trip in August instead of early Dec and this will be brutal and I'm dreading the heat and humidity! And I was so surprised to see hours that were less than we've had in early Dec or second, third week in Nov. It's summer time, people are on vacation and stay up late because of that and to avoid the daytime heat!

ITA

We're going the 3rd week in August and MK closes at 9:00. That's way too early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter