When to send invitations?

sandk

Mouseketeer
Hey All,

My DFTW is in late January and my save-the -dates went out a couple months ago. I know for a non-destination wedding you might send the invitations much later, but doesn't Disney need to know the head count like 6 weeks ahead of time? I forget off the top of my head when all that needs to be done, but I know payment is due a month before.

When did you send your invitations? How many weeks/months before your DFTW wedding?

THANKS!

i sent mine at three months out and i will ave responses two months out. i figure they got the save the3 date and most have booked the hotel so they should not need a lot of time to decide if they are coming or not.

When I sent out my Save The Dates I sent out response cards that asked those that we sent the STD's to, to tell us if they thought they were going to be able to make the wedding. From there we weedled out those who were definites and maybes and continued to send just those people newsletters about the wedding, that way when it came to sending out the invitations 10 weeks before our wedding they were sent with us pretty much knowing what our numbers were going to be - so we had a good heads up on numbers for Disney.

Hot on the heels of our invitations we sent a newsletter (either before or after I forget) that laid out that if people didn't RSVP in the timely manner then that was on pain of death LOL

don't pass out here we sent our invitations out 7 months before the wedding and had a rsvp date of about 6 months before. we wanted to know the number so we could have time to plan extra events and add things if needed.

but i think if your confident in your guests and how many are attending 2-3 months before might be good.

I am going to send my invited out in November and have them rsvp the first week of January.

Make sure that you allow enough time to get responses back. You count for payment in full is due 30 days before the event. I timed it to be eight weeks or so before the event and told everyone that we needed responses by the 30 day mark. I then, sad but true had to follow up with a phone call.

We sent ours 6 months in advance. This gave our family and friends plenty of time to request time off from work, to save, and plan heir trips. Our RSVP date was 2 months before the wedding, and we stil had to call people. Unfortunately we still had people cancel on us the wek before the wedding after our final count was turned in :headache:

Ok so I have invited 50 peolpe. If lets say I only have 30 people show,doI have to still pay Disney for all 50 people?

I think you have to tell your planner ahead of time how many people RSVPd and then 30 days before the day, all money is due based on that number. If you have unexpected people show up or RSVP late, then I think they take it out of your 1500 deposit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!! :confused3

Steph

I think you have to tell your planner ahead of time how many people RSVPd and then 30 days before the day, all money is due based on that number. If you have unexpected people show up or RSVP late, then I think they take it out of your 1500 deposit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!! :confused3

Steph

I can't agree more, make sure you leave enough time for the RSVP's / RSVP stragglers. If you cut it too close, you'll only add extra stress for yourself. As to the timeline in which things are due and when you have to have your counts in...My understanding is...

At 8 weeks out, you are required to have given all the details of the wedding to your planner so they can draw up the estimated budget/bill.

At 6 weeks out, they are supposed to furnish you with a copy of said bill (although my understanding is that for several people the estimate/bill didn't arrive til much later).

At 30 days out, you are required to pay in full the estimated cost of the wedding....this is based on the head count that you have turned into your planner.

At 72 hours out, a final guarantee/final head count is due to your planner. If the number of guests who acually go to the wedding goes down after that, you are still required to pay for the number you turned in at this point to your planner. If the number of guests goes up or the overall cost of the wedding goes up from what you paid back at the 30 day mark, the cost is taken from your deposit.

Sorry to appear so clueless, but when do I pay the deposit and how much is it? We've just booked so I have no idea about any of this yet :) And when do you get your BEO - and when can you change things until? (for example, if something is too expensive or you'd like something extra added on).

Sorry to appear so clueless, but when do I pay the deposit and how much is it? We've just booked so I have no idea about any of this yet :) And when do you get your BEO - and when can you change things until? (for example, if something is too expensive or you'd like something extra added on).

You will turn your deposit in with your signed contract after they send it to you. I just had my planning session, so I believe that my BEO will be sent to me in a couple weeks. At that time, I will be able to change stuff if it is too expensive or add anything else I want.

I'm not exactly sure when the point is that you can't make anymore changes...anybody else know? Is this the 8 week mark?

That's correct. The deposit is due with the contract. You pay for the RSVP, so say that you invited 50 and 30 RSVPed. You would pay for the 30, 30 days out. 72 hrs beforehand is the final count. At that time you can adjust the number down or up if you need to. If you adjust down, Disney will settle the owed amount a few weeks after the event. Disney will send you an itemized bill and either you will owe, or they will owe you. Hope that makes sense!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter