When to leave Anaheim for LAX?

gator girl

DIS Veteran
I have a flight out of LAX at 8:25 on a Sunday morning. As far as I can tell, the first Disneyland Express shuttle leaves Anaheim with a 7:00 am scheduled arrival at LAX.

Is that early enough to ensure that I make my flight, or should I look for some alternate transportation leaving earlier than that, like a taxi?

Eeeek! A taxi to LAX?!? *contemplates selling my plasma for cash*

It takes us about 40-50 minutes to get to LAX from DLR. I guess I wouldn't trust the Disneyland Expres to get you there on time. You could have issues in check in or even security and you do not know how many other stops the shuttle will make. They say to be at LAX at least 1.5 hours ahead of time, even on a Sunday.

I would plan on arriving at LAX no earlier than 1.5 hours prior to BOARDING time (which is about 1/2 hour before departure time).

Your flight is at 8:25 a.m. with boarding approximately at 8:00 a.m. Get there no later than 6:30 a.m.

There are probably a lot of other families traveling from the DL hotels to LAX early Sunday a.m. Check Supershuttle because they have early morning shared van rides. I just checked online and they have multiple hotel pickup slots available between 5:00 a.m. - 5:45 a.m. and without discount codes it was $16 per person. Codes HERE.

I've used Supershuttle many times between Anaheim and LAX and they've always been reliable. Just give them extra time to circle around for other people and you're good to go!

Good luck!

I would use a shuttle in that case.

I have previously used supershuttle, but on my very recent trip I used Karmel, and they were decent. And they don't troll around for other people or have other scheduled pickups; it was just me in the van, and he didn't look around for other people, just drove up to LAX!

I'm a 2-hours-before person, so I would be walking in the LAX doors at 6:30. Giving myself an hour to get up there, I'd be downstairs by 5:15 probably, looking out for my scheduled shuttle (they tend to be early).

We flew out of LAX and arrived 3 hours prior to our flight (we were going to Canada). We had plenty of enough time, but the biggest thing was the line-ups. If we had been any later, we probably wouldn't have made our flight.

I think that you would be cutting it way too close to take the Disneyland Express. My husband and I took it in April, and missed our check in by two minutes. United WOULD NOT let us on the flight, even though we were two minutes shy (or they would let us on, but wouldn't let us check baggage). My husband ended up staying with our luggage and his guitar (he was there for a show), and because I had to be at work the next morning, I flew home alone.

We learned our lesson for sure, and now we get there with plenty of time. Also, security is often slammed at LAX, so you really need to make sure that you've got plenty of time for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter