When to book flights

we're going into our third lockdown, starting tomorrow afternoon...
initially they said it would be for 2 weeks, but now they're saying it might be 3 or 4 to bring down the numbers..

we're going into our third lockdown, starting tomorrow afternoon...
initially they said it would be for 2 weeks, but now they're saying it might be 3 or 4 to bring down the numbers..
One thing that really worries me is Australia and South Africa. They are having problems and its summer there. :oops:

If the vaccine programmes don't have a big impact that doesn't augur well for our summer 2021.

I’ve reserved the resort as the terms are really flexible - can reschedule to another year up until a couple of days before, I think.

It’s the flight that’s more of an issue. The Virgin sale is on and just read some of the small print around the “COVID insurance” and it’s only guaranteed up until Aug so think I’ll wait a little longer for that.
It only mentions changes without a fee and not refunds. As we need to go in school holidays and we'd planned to go the last two weeks in August, it means we'd have to delay for a whole year, and Virgin would have our full ticket money for up to 20 months (4 tickets). If they go bust, you are not covered by ABTA for flight only bookings, but may be covered by our credit card - another risk.

Also, ESTAs may be reinstated but then a 14 quarantine on arrival introduced (as NYC did last week) and we are only going for 14-16 nights. We are almost resigned to not going in 2021 sadly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter