When to book flight? And with who?

I flew frontier once, never again. And this was before they changed over to more of a budget airline. We had a connection through denver on our way home from disney. We were told we needed to go to the gate agent when we got there. I had picked all of our seats for each leg and when we got to denver they had us spread out all over the plane. My kids were 8, 5 and 3 at the time. We were told that it was not a guarantee that you got your seats that you selected and they would see what they could do. The agent seemed irritated that she had to call people up and ask if they would move their seats to accommodate us. I got to sit with 2 kids in the back of the plane and my hubby sat with 1 closer to the front. Not ideal, but at least we were with them. Just food for thought on frontier

Yes. Jet Blue is around the same as Delta/AA ($225 US). I couldn't tell if you can select seats with them or not? Southwest so far is the most expensive - $323 US. Allegiant was a waste. They only fly 2 days a week in Sept (and only one flight per day), and don't fly into MCO.

JetBlue allows a seat assignment when booking.

With Jetblue, there are several different fare options, the cheapest doesn't include a checked bag, the next one up includes one, the next includes two. Seat assignments are free and they offer a great variety of free in-flight snacks, plus now in-flight movies are free.

Jetblue will also do everything they can to make sure you get seats together if that is important to you.

[QUOTE="cmwade77, post: 60256229, member: 91245]
Jetblue will also do everything they can to make sure you get seats together if that is important to you.[/QUOTE]

Key word is TRY. They can’t make seats together appear of make others move who paid for their seats!

Bottom line if it’s important to sit together especially with small kids don’t cheap out and not pay for seats. It is not fair to ask others who paid to move or threaten your kids on others. I AM NOT SAYING OP WOULD DO THIS! It is just a weekly statement here.

[QUOTE="cmwade77, post: 60256229, member: 91245]
Jetblue will also do everything they can to make sure you get seats together if that is important to you.

Key word is TRY. They can’t make seats together appear of make others move who paid for their seats!

Bottom line if it’s important to sit together especially with small kids don’t cheap out and not pay for seats. It is not fair to ask others who paid to move or threaten your kids on others. I AM NOT SAYING OP WOULD DO THIS! It is just a weekly statement here.[/QUOTE]
JetBlue does not charge for seat assignments, u like some other airlines, really aside from checked bags and change fees JetBlue doesn't charge for much unless you want to upgrade to premium economy or bring a pet.

My family of seven was split up on jet blue even though I had chosen seats together at booking. Took a lot of insisting at the gate to get each child with an adult. Really, this is why I like SWA boarding. I feel like I’ve got a way better shot at getting the seats I want and I have more control over it.

We were given assigned seats when we booked JetBlue via Expedia and they were all over the place. Called JetBlue directly and they re-assigned our seats with no problems; did this on Thursday for our flights in April. Since the plane is an A320 Airbus seats are 6 per row with an aisle dividing them into 3 and 3. The 2 kiddos and 1 adult will sit together and the other adult will sit behind them. JetBlue has a decent on time record LGA to MCO and we rarely check bags so it's not a something for us worry about.

Just be aware that those seat assignments could be totally different when you actually check in. Ours were fine right up to arriving at MCO. When we went to the counter to check the lap baby in, everything changed. And I booked directly through Jet Blue.

Just be aware that those seat assignments could be totally different when you actually check in. Ours were fine right up to arriving at MCO. When we went to the counter to check the lap baby in, everything changed. And I booked directly through Jet Blue.
Hasn't happened yet but I'll keep that in mind:). For our next trip the kids will be 13.5 and 12 y/o so I'm not concerned about how they will behave on the plane (my death ray look is family renowned) or if there are any unwanted interactions. They are urban savvy, fierce when need be, grrlies, who ride public transport on a regular basis. I'd be more concerned if my 9 or 10 y/o grandnephew was sitting alone on a plane. He's not a very good listener;).

Yes, mine were 9, 8 & 6 with 2 never having flown before, needed an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!