When to arrive at MCO?

stitchlover

DIS Veteran
So with the new guidelines about when you can arrive at the port my question i what time should I plan to land at MCO? I will be flying in from DFW the morning of Podcast Cruise 4.0 Saturday, December 8th. What time should I plan to be at MCO to have enough time to get out to the Port? I've never taken a Disney cruise and am not sure about the timing for all of that. I will be taking the DCL transfers.
Thanks in advance for the information.

It will take about an hour to get from MCO to Port Canaveral on DCL transportation. Boarding the ship is from 11 am to 4 pm.

HOWEVER, if at all possible,, fly in the night before. It saves SO much stress. I trust you have a large selection of direct flights (I don't have that luxury). However, airports do shut down. Stuff happens. My logic is that if I'm in Orlando, I'm gonna somehow be on that ship. I can't say that if I'm sitting at my home airport.

OK, fly in the evening before even if it means you arrive at MCO at 11pm. Get a hotel in the airport area--the Hyatt MCO is physically in the airport, but there are lots of less costly options in the area. THen in the morning you have a relaxed breakfast and head to the port by whatever method you have chosen (all options are still open).

The alternative for us is to get up at 4 am to be at the airport for the earliest possible flight out. Pray for no closure at our airport or the connecting airport and that all goes well. Get to MCO somewhere around noon-1pm and take the DCL bus to the port. Be on board by about 2. Oh yeah, all the special function tickets are gone and we are lucky to get lunch in Parrot Cay! And about dinner time, we are dead on our feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter