when the skyliner goes down..

Artemis Fowl

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
We had a recent trip at Riv for 4 days then BLT for 4 days. The skyliner went out of service 4 times duringour time at RIV. It was a little annoying but Disney was very fast at getting the rescue busses to get us to where we needed to go.

A couple times we were taken to the front of Epcot and a couple times to Beach Club. The rescue bus driver seemed to default to the front of Epcot unless the 'international gateway' was requested. Anybody have any idea if this is policy? Any idea what's faster? We were actually headed to Boardwalk when we got the ride to Beach Club so that worked out good. I'm just wondering for future trips if I have the choice of the front gate or Beach Club, which ride is shorter? Does it make any sense for me to prefer the Beach Club dropoff? And can you get dropped off any closer to the international gateway or is Beach Club as close as you can get?

We had a recent trip at Riv for 4 days then BLT for 4 days. The skyliner went out of service 4 times duringour time at RIV. It was a little annoying but Disney was very fast at getting the rescue busses to get us to where we needed to go.

A couple times we were taken to the front of Epcot and a couple times to Beach Club. The rescue bus driver seemed to default to the front of Epcot unless the 'international gateway' was requested. Anybody have any idea if this is policy? Any idea what's faster? We were actually headed to Boardwalk when we got the ride to Beach Club so that worked out good. I'm just wondering for future trips if I have the choice of the front gate or Beach Club, which ride is shorter? Does it make any sense for me to prefer the Beach Club dropoff? And can you get dropped off any closer to the international gateway or is Beach Club as close as you can get?
Many times you just want to go in to dine and stroll the World Showcase, so of course the IG entrance is the one you want. With the front being so messed up with walls and dirt holes, there isn't a reason to go there until they finish the mess, unless there is a ride you particularly want to stand in line for.

We were dropped off at the Boardwalk. Much quicker ride from Riviera and not more than a couple minutes longer walking than Beach Club. Can’t remember if we were asked or not.

So when the skyliner is down, do you HAVE to walk to the front of the park to get a bus back or will they eventually send a bus to beach club? Really don't want to make that trek across the whole park with kiddos.

So when the skyliner is down, do you HAVE to walk to the front of the park to get a bus back or will they eventually send a bus to beach club? Really don't want to make that trek across the whole park with kiddos.
That's a good question but we never had the skyliner go down on our way to Riv, only on our way from Riv

I was advised to walk to the front of Epcot because CM said special buses leaving Beach Club will only be a few and that they will need to go to ALL the skyliner resorts. Said could wait for hours. But then they also stop the buses if the skyliner is up and running again. I asked how would someone know if the skyliner is up and running if not near International Gateway (it was a sunny day but they were troubleshooting it) and they said good question. I got a lot of extra steps in that trip.

That is one of the issues with staying at Riviera. If the Skyliner is down, you will need to walk all the way to the front of Epcot, and they will have a bus going back. I would like to see them have a way to tell you if the Skyliner is down before walking all the way over there. That's why I consider Riviera to be almost as good of a location as BCW and BW for Epcot. If it's down coming back from HS, you just keep walking to the bus stop, and they will have a Riviera Bus. When we were coming back from Epcot, they stopped at CBR for 2 stops I believe before Riviera.

I would like to see them have a way to tell you if the Skyliner is down before walking all the way over there.
That’s crazy! It should absolutely be in the app, at a minimum. Also both should run for a while to clear out anyone who left the IG and walked to the front even of the Skyliner comes back in the interim.

This is why I wouldn’t ever want to stay at Riviera. The walkability to 2 resorts from Beach Club is just too good!

That’s crazy! It should absolutely be in the app, at a minimum. Also both should run for a while to clear out anyone who left the IG and walked to the front even of the Skyliner comes back in the interim.

This is why I wouldn’t ever want to stay at Riviera. The walkability to 2 resorts from Beach Club is just too good!
I wouldn't let that stop me from staying at the Riviera. The Skyliner and the Riviera are both awesome IMO!

Last BCV stay, we were taking a ride on the skyliner for fun, lighting started happening, so they shut down the ride. Got everyone in a queue to either EPCOT or HS and got busses running. We were on the 2nd bus to EPCOT. Took us straight to front of EPCOT and had a bus for the EPCOT resorts loop waiting when we got there. Just transferred to that bus and off we went.

Last BCV stay, we were taking a ride on the skyliner for fun, lighting started happening, so they shut down the ride. Got everyone in a queue to either EPCOT or HS and got busses running. We were on the 2nd bus to EPCOT. Took us straight to front of EPCOT and had a bus for the EPCOT resorts loop waiting when we got there. Just transferred to that bus and off we went.

Whew! That's a relief to hear. I also sometimes take a ride on the skyliner when staying at BCV, maybe going to eat at Riviera's QS. If they just dropped us off at the Epcot front entrance and expected us to walk I'd be in big trouble since I often don't have a park ticket, let alone a park reservation for Epcot.

That is one of the issues with staying at Riviera. If the Skyliner is down, you will need to walk all the way to the front of Epcot, and they will have a bus going back. I would like to see them have a way to tell you if the Skyliner is down before walking all the way over there. That's why I consider Riviera to be almost as good of a location as BCW and BW for Epcot. If it's down coming back from HS, you just keep walking to the bus stop, and they will have a Riviera Bus. When we were coming back from Epcot, they stopped at CBR for 2 stops I believe before Riviera.

Or you do what we have decided to do. Budget ahead of time to Uber back to the resort unless someone has the scooter.

We have been lucky. It’s never gone down but one afternoon on our arrival day for a few hours but we weren’t going to the park but DS that day.

You recommend walking to what bus stop - the front of the park or try BC/BW?

Whew! That's a relief to hear. I also sometimes take a ride on the skyliner when staying at BCV, maybe going to eat at Riviera's QS. If they just dropped us off at the Epcot front entrance and expected us to walk I'd be in big trouble since I often don't have a park ticket, let alone a park reservation for Epcot.
Instead of taking the bus to EPCOT, you should take the bus to DHS. From there you can boat, walk or uber back to the BC. No worries about where the EPOT bus might drop you.

You recommend walking to what bus stop - the front of the park or try BC/BW?
I was saying coming back from Epcot to Riviera and the Skyliner is down, you end up walking to the front of Epcot where all the busses are, they will have a bus to get you back to Riviera and CBR.

Instead of taking the bus to EPCOT, you should take the bus to DHS. From there you can boat, walk or uber back to the BC. No worries about where the EPOT bus might drop you.

Great idea, thanks! That's what I loved about visiting other resorts from BCV. When I was at AKL or WL, coming back I just took the DHS bus, so why didn't I think of that from Riviera too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter