When the kids are no longer children...do you keep going to WDW??

DD is now 28 and DS 24 (WOW! that went fast!:upsidedow)
we started going as a family 1-2x a year when DD was 4 (i had gone pre-kids a few times since it opened).
for the past 8-10 years, DD and i go every late april/early may, and DH and i in oct (plus i try to squeeze in an aug trip every other year). DS went thru the "too cool for family vacas" when he was about 17, but changed his tune about 4 years ago (20yo). now, he wants the carefree fun we always enjoyed in WDW - we only briefly go to the parks, but enjoy the pool, hanging out, etc.

btw, DD and i always have a fabulous time in WDW, and come home rested and happy :)

Taking DW down for a quick weekend in 11 days. Our DD just graduated, became employed and got married and our twin sons are in college. Going to enjoy just the two of us together for a bit. :thumbsup2

I was going at least once a year for 16 years prior to having Kids, can't see that changeing if my kids loose interest(I am still a bit away from the danger though)

What do people do every time that have been 20-30 times? Seems like that would get old real quick.

If you're hanging out at the pool most of the time - why Disney?

What do people do every time that have been 20-30 times? Seems like that would get old real quick.

What do we do ??? The Parks,the shopping, the pools, the restaurants,the relaxation, all of these and more .It's a different experience every time. The parks are always updating rides and adding new ones. Same with the restaurants.I can't eat at all of them in one trip :sad: There is a certain familiarity that is actually comforting. My family always says on our flight home "next trip we gotta make time for "

denman007 said:

I just saw a special that said something like you could live there for a year and still not do everything. WDW is over twice the size of Manhattan and constantly adding and renovating.

Our first trip was when our oldest daughter was around 4. She is now 33. We have continued the Disney family trips ever since. Someone mentioned it being comforting to know what to expect. I agree. Now our grandchildren are experiencing what we know to be a place where we can unwind, laugh and enjoy each other's company. Hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand. The parks do change, we try to see new things every time and we still haven't seen all there is to see. We can't all be together for every trip. We are going in 2 weeks for a last minute 5 night trip with 1 daughter and our grandchildren. Our 3 grown children were with us a year ago. For us, it is THE place that brings us together as a family. We love it.

Our first trip was when our oldest daughter was around 4. She is now 33. We have continued the Disney family trips ever since. Someone mentioned it being comforting to know what to expect. I agree. Now our grandchildren are experiencing what we know to be a place where we can unwind, laugh and enjoy each other's company. Hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand. The parks do change, we try to see new things every time and we still haven't seen all there is to see. We can't all be together for every trip. We are going in 2 weeks for a last minute 5 night trip with 1 daughter and our grandchildren. Our 3 grown children were with us a year ago. For us, it is THE place that brings us together as a family. We love it.

EXACTLY :grouphug:

I go solo because the rest of the family isn't interested anymore. I do 5 day trips and would love to extend them but the timing hasn't been right.

I've been trying to talk the family into a trip for my 50th birthday this summer but the only person expressing any interest is my 17 year old son.
So maybe just he and I will go this summer. It's pretty early to decide though.

DH and I have been five times since our youngest went off to colllege. Now we alternate between trips with just two, and trips with sons and families.

DH & I never had kids and we go 2-3 times/year. We bought into DVC, which takes the "Disney without kids adult exeprience" to a whole new level! Nice rooms, big balconies, kicthen with blender for 'adult beverages".....

We have a running joke that "Disney is no place for children". ;)

We have been there with kids (friends & relatives) and it's great to see it through a child's eyes.

It's a completely different vacation without kids though...more time spent enjoying the resort, more time spent doing only those things that you want to do as opposed to things that you have to do for the kids (really how many times can one ride IASW???). Nicer dinners, the ability to wander aimlessly through the WS @ Epcot sampling the different cocktails in the different countries...the pace of an adult WDW vacation is different.

My kids are coming up on 17 and 15 and they still love WDW. I also have plenty of adult friends who like it, so if my kids didn't want to go, I'd just go with one of my friends. :thumbsup2

We were there in Aug with my sister's family. There were 6 kids ranging from 20 to 27. They had a blast.

Dh and I are planning to go to DL in 2018 for our 40th anniversary. AS soon as we mentioned it ds2 was checking out airfares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter