• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

When, Oh when will they come out . . .

Luv2Travel

Member since there were less than 5000 members!
Okay, so you probably have to be from the south with grandparents who used to watch Hee Haw on TV to get the tune of my song, but I think you get the point that I'm going BONKERS waiting on more October discount rates to come out! People are already taking guesses for the availability of Nov/Dec discounts, but I'm still waiting on the rest of October!:rolleyes: So take your most educated guess . . . Do you think they will come out in the month of June, or do you really think it will be July 8 when the current discounts "run out"? I don't think I wait that long, so someone please give me some hope here! :rolleyes: ;) :D

P.S. I know someone out there must have seen Hee Haw once in their lives, and so I will explain that my title is to the tune of "Where, oh where are you tonight? I searched the world over and thought I found true love, but you found another, and thththt you were gone." ;) :D

I'm really hoping there will be something for Nov. Those August to Sept rates look sooooooo good but it's just too hot for me in August!

From one Alabamian to another...LOL! Yes, my grandparents did watch Hee Haw and I remember that song well! AND, I'm also waiting for fall discounts to come out, except we're going in December, so I hope they'll last until then. Last year we went in October, so I understand your impatience! Just curious, does your school system get a Fall Break and is that when you're going? Ours started having Fall Break last year and that's when we went - 2nd week of October.

As much as I want those rates to come out today! I just don't see Disney running 2 codes at once. Meaning 2 code timeframes (8/25-10/2 and the rest of October). BELIEVE ME! I know the waiting SUCKS! I am still hoping that I get some of those wonderful rates for Dec.

zulaya - I think you're probably right, and it probably will be July 8 (the deadline for the existing codes) before the new codes come out.:( I guess the new codes will be for the rest of October through December. :confused: :Pinkbounc

Praise2Him - yes, our school is starting this year with the fall break. I've been begging for it for the last three years (I'm a teacher), and we're finally getting it! Our break is actually the first full week of October, before Columbus Day (October 7-11). We'll be at WDW October 5-12. It's the first year we won't have to take the kids out of school for a week.:D

I searched for my true love, and found she was nowhere. She met another and, !@#$%^#$%^ she was gone!

Yeah, I'm waiting for October codes too.

How do you know there will be codes? Disney's not under any obligation to discount their services. I know no one likes to pay full price for things, but recent trends in attendance and resort occupancy point to diminished discounts.

Nobody "knows" for certain, but having been on these boards a long time and having read articles in the sentinal where Disney execs have gone onthe record that more discounts will be offered, I think the chances are good.

First, even though attendance is up, or so we think by seeing the crowds, Disney still says they aren't up to previous levels yet. They want people to come and stay at the resorts, which most Floridians do when they can, but in a lot of cases they probably drive up for the day if they feel like it. Disney needs more out of towners to fill the resorts. October is Regular season, and kids are in school. If a discount is offered, a family might think about pulling the kids from school to save some money.

November and December are value season, which is the lowest levels of attendance and also cheapest rates. Fewer people travel in these months because they probably will already be traveling for Thanksgiving and Xmas and probably won't take a trip to Disney. I know it seems a lot of us on the DIS want to go at these times - I know I go because of lower crowds and cheaper prices and Xmas decorations - but a lot of people won't. You have to realize that there's only about 39,000 registered DISers. That's one days attendance at the MK during busy season. We are a drop in the bucket compared to overall attendance.

So to sum up - we aren't expecting codes, at least I am not - I am just optimisitic and hopeful. If I dont' get a code, I will still be going. But it would be a nice little thing to have a smaller resort bill when we go.

Very well put zulaya.:) Although, I must admit, that I do almost "expect" the discounts. But I expect that on almost anything that I buy.;) And it's not that I believe Disney is "obligated" to give them, I just can't remember a time that Disney didn't have discounted rates of some sort on their hotels. I would have a hard time justifying the "rack rates" on Disney property when there is no more early entry and I can stay off site in a bigger room and usually get a free breakfast out of it for lower rates. Now, don't get me wrong, I love staying on-site (and I do have reservations already with a DC discount), but it's got to be at a good price - which I do tend to find thanks to these boards and Mousesaver.com. ;) :D

I'm hoping for the discounts as well (my son is getting Contemporary Tower for a birthday gift - with the codes, Concierge would be less than what we have planned with DC). But, if they are coming out, I wouldn't expect them before July 20th. Really hard to wait (waiting for air prices for November/December trip too).

Originally posted by zulaya
Nobody "knows" for certain, but having been on these boards a long time and having read articles in the sentinal where Disney execs have gone onthe record that more discounts will be offered, I think the chances are good....
So to sum up - we aren't expecting codes, at least I am not - I am just optimisitic and hopeful. If I dont' get a code, I will still be going. But it would be a nice little thing to have a smaller resort bill when we go.

Indeed, a very informative post. Nevertheless, as it has been pointed out before, Parks and Resort revenues were up by nearly $200M with operating income slighty lower in 2001. Decreased revenue was mainly attirbuted due to the 9/11 closure and the subsequent trip cancellations. 2000 was a *stellar* year due to the Millenium celebration, so if 2001 was roughly as good, the parks aren't the source of Disney's woes.

So why would they continue their price slashing? Besides, the off-season is when WDW make their most significant repairs and rehabs. They in a sense create an artificial room shortage by closing off buildings or floors of their hotels. They also use the quieter period to conduct park rehabs (e.g. Crystal Palace), knowing that fewer people will be inconvenienced and they won't lose as much potential revenue.

My unprofessional opinion is that you are right, zulaya. There will certainly be discounts (not that I would trust the Sentinel as my source for news ;) ) BUT! since vacationers are waiting longer and longer to make their plans, Disney will use booked reservation stats to guide their discounting. They will also likely review the Peak season attendance/lodging figures. Lastly, the discounts will be at hotels not undergoing renovations or hotels that have been cyclically unfavored, in order to reposition their revenue streams. For all these reasons my prediction (not worth the paper it's printed on) is that discounts will be more scarce, will be much more selective and will come much later in the season. We'd all best save our pennies!

On that note, I'll drop out of this thread, since I'm really pushing the relevancy of my statements to the topic. I don't like it when people do that, so I'd best hush up ;).

Cheers y'all!
Andrew

If Disney wants to continue to increase their attendance, they will continue with the discounts. They are not doing this as a favor to us, they want to stay in business like all other hotel chains. I know of none that don't offer discounts whether they be AAA, entertainment, dream deals, b&b packages, etc. The early bird gets the worm with any of these deals, and people who follow these boards are the early birds!!

There were discounts when WDW was running at full blast and there will be discounts this year, count on it. They know that knocking a few dollars off a rate is nothing compared to the revenue of the tickets and food,hats,pictures etc. etc they sell. It is good business and Disney know how to make money. Don't worry, there will be discounts. They may be smaller than before but there will be discounts...smjj

Dear Luvs2Travel,
Your post brought a smile to my face. I can remember singing that song as a girl. Hee Haw was my beloved grandfather's favorite program when he was alive. It made me stop and think that he has been gone 30 years now. Oh, how I miss him.
My DH & I are also looking out for special codes or AP rates for the last part of this year. We have a DC discount for POFQ for November, but it would nice to save a few bucks! Given the discounts already offered for the first part of this year, I can't imagine that Disney would not offer some kind of special rate for October, November, and December (holidays excluded). Will keep watching and waiting with you!

A Georgia Girl

<h3>Yeah, heck with the grandparents watching hee haw.. I watched it with my parents.. Does it count that my parents are from Alabama??? Hehehe
I'm waiting for the Oct/November discount codes too.. However I am happy with my 129 for the Dolphin..

Linda </h3>

Do the codes that are relased normally include the concierge floors? We are booked at the AKL concierge for Nov. 2-Nov. 8, and I was wondering if I might have any luck using a discount code for our stay?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! :sunny:

jennymouse - sing it with me!;) :D

christianweecare - my cousin and I used to watch Hee Haw with my grandparents (also passed away now) on Saturday evenings and then we would go out on the front porch and do our own performance - complete with the fence swatting us in the bottom! Cornball, I know, but it brings back fond memories to me as well.:)

Buckleybunch - yeah, if your parents are from Alabama, then I guess we'll have to take you. ;) :D I'm jealous of your $129 rate at the Dolphin. That's where we stayed last November and we loved it, can't beat the location. Unfortunately, the week we are going in October happens to be one of the few weeks that the Dolphin doesn't offer a discount.:( Hope you have a wonderful stay.

queenofhearts - I believe they will offer disounts for concierge as well. Check with Mousesavers.com and see what discounts they are currently offering. That will give you some idea.

queenofhearts-

I booked concierge twice last winter using AP codes. Both the YC/BC and BWI were quoted around $275/night, including tax.

Count me amung the waiting. I'm dying to check out Vero Beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter