When is the best time to go?

luvdisneytoo

Earning My Ears
My son is now in 7th grade and I can't take him out for a week to go to Disney anymore. There is just too much work to make up!! :sad1: We will have the following breaks for school this year:

Feb. 4-Mardi Gras Holidays (He will only miss two days that week but we won't be able to do the water parks)

April 14-18 Our Spring Break (Are the crowds really that bad in April?)

May 24- We are out of school and I thought that the last week of May would beat the crowds and heat of June?

Please help!

Jennifer/Mobile

Wow! What unusual school break dates! I have never ever heard of scholls being out for Mardi Gras, so that should be a low crowd time. Your spring break does not coincide with Easter this year, so it shouldnt be too crowded then, either......hmmmmm. How bad do you want to swim?

I've been wondering how busy april is too. Our spring break is april 21-25th this year, and I know NH is the week after us. Plus I saw regular season starts march 30th, so I'm hoping it might be quieter with easter being so early.

I would say that April would be best only because many schools got thrown by Easter coming so early this year and therefore, a lot of schools are all over the place for their actual Spring Break. Our schools are giving off for Good Friday and Easter Monday, but our Spring Break is April 21-25. There was a thread a month or so ago about Spring Break in general and with all the responses, everyones time off was all over the board. The weather will be great for water parks in April and the heat won't be way up there yet. February is great-pretty much the dead zone at the parks (except around President's weekend), but like you said, definitely not water park weather. May would be my last pick, but that is only because of the heat kicking up.

Hi neighbor! I would go Mardi Gras, since that is a school holiday in only a few places, here and New Orleans I think.

ETA: MS Coast is out for Mardi Gras as well!

Be careful w/Feb alot of people go down for Pres. day. We went the last week of Feb tried to move it up and the 1st half was SOLD OUT!:scared1: NO ROOMS AT WDW ANYWHERE. Nevr heard of such a thing, the cm told us to stick w/ou date which was perfect before spring break and was dead.

We went this past yr (2007) from 2/2 - 2/9. Crowd levels were FABULOUS. We never waited more than 10 mins to get on ANY ride. I will say it rained for a few days and we did need our coats the first half of the week. The second half of the week was in the '80's. If water parks aren't a big deal, go with February. We had a BLAST!! :)

Since you're WDW veterans, do not let the summer months scare you:goodvibes we had to switch from the very leisurely January trip to June/July when DS and DD hit jr. high. and what a fun time we have:thumbsup2 Since we knew WDW very well by the time summer trips began, it didn't hurt us in any way. in fact, going in the summer is super neat with the parks open until 2am., the crowds, the special events, etc. We LOVE summer now:love: I think if we went back to the slower off-seasons, we'd be bored in fact. Make your resort and dining reservations well in advance, enjoy your resort pool, the extended park hours, etc. You'll be fine;) ASMo here we come June 08:thumbsup2

We went the first week of Feb. last year and it was great. The kids swam a couple of afternoons, it was in the high 70s, and the crowds were low. That time frame sounds like your best bet.

I've thought about going Mardi Gras week, too...but the other poster was right - if it coincides with President's Day, then it is too crowded. My cvote is Mardi Gras week!

Fat Tuesday is Feb. 5th and President's Day not until the 18th So Mardi Gras looks good for 2008!

BlueJeansGirl, do y'all have a school holiday as well there?

Fat Tuesday is Feb. 5th and President's Day not until the 18th So Mardi Gras looks good for 2008!

BlueJeansGirl, do y'all have a school holiday as well there?

Yes, out Monday - Wednesday every year - that's true along all the MS Coast, but no further north than the I-10!

I think we will take our chances and go with April! The kids love Typhoon Lagoon and I am worried that the weather will be blah during our Mardi Gras Holidays. Plus, my son won't have to miss any school. :cool1: Thank You!!!!

Jennifer/Mobile

hey neighbors...I just wanted to let yall know that being here in Louisiana and born and raised with Mardi Gras, many people from here go to disney or skiing for Mardi Gras now, and I can tell you the airport in NO is full of people trying to get out of here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter