When does your account start/points show up?

DadDVC

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

We are in the process still of purchasing our first two DVC contracts, both BLT. Our first contract was recorded and finalized March 11th, but I am not sure what is to happen after that. Our title company said it takes 7-10 days for points to show up in our account, however, how do you set up an account? We received all title documents in the mail so I am curious what the next step is? I do not have any form of Member ID, login, passwords, etc.

Someone please point me in the right direction as I would like to become familiar with the online process before we book our next trip, which is coming up on the 11 month window.

Thanks!

Everything is delayed right now as all Disney staff is working remotely. Processing resale is about 875th on the staff priority right now, as they have hustled people onto the phones who don't normally do MS.

Looking at the closing thread people used to be getting the email with account info 8-9 days after recording date. There is also a physical mail welcome packet that is around 14 days after. You need both pieces to activate your account.
The points seem to be in the system by that point.
I am waiting too but we closed 3/23 so we have some more time to wait.

Looking at the closing thread people used to be getting the email with account info 8-9 days after recording date. There is also a physical mail welcome packet that is around 14 days after. You need both pieces to activate your account.
The points seem to be in the system by that point.
I am waiting too but we closed 3/23 so we have some more time to wait.
I will be interested in your progression. We closed 3/19. We have not received an email from Disney yet, but were able to discover our new (additional) member number. The welcome packet was probably mailed to our home address and we will hopefully get that forwarded to us as we are sort of stuck, out of state. Am I correct in assuming that the points can be used once they are loaded, even though we won't be able to "see" them on our dashboard? (if the points get loaded before the welcome packet catches up with us)

I will be interested in your progression. We closed 3/19. We have not received an email from Disney yet, but were able to discover our new (additional) member number. The welcome packet was probably mailed to our home address and we will hopefully get that forwarded to us as we are sort of stuck, out of state. Am I correct in assuming that the points can be used once they are loaded, even though we won't be able to "see" them on our dashboard? (if the points get loaded before the welcome packet catches up with us)

If they are loaded into your account, then you will see them on the dashboard and can use them to book...providing you have the ability to get into your DVC account!

I was concerned about my long delay so I called Member Services. They informed me that the title company did not send over the recorded deed. So I contacted the title company and they “had an oversight on their end and are sending it today”! Good thing I checked at least but that is very frustrating.

They (title company) received our payment on 3/18 I received an email on 3/26 saying we had closed. And it was very confusing they kept saying disney would record it in 21 days. I looked up the deed and it recorded on 3/23 so I have no idea what was the actual closing date. On 3/30 I received an email from disney saying I had an activation code to set up my DVC account online. I had no member id yet so couldn't set it up. So after reading through the disboards I decided to call MS they said they had my info but couldn't give me a club ID if I could not provide the member ID.. I told them I had not received in mail yet.. that person said to callback when I had received in mail. I called back and pressed 2 for admin and they were very helpful. They verified info about my contract and were able to provide me my member ID and club ID. They also said points usually take 2-3 weeks to load from the date disney sends email with activation code... but that they are behind due to ppl working remote and that points would more than likely load in 3-4 weeks. I'm glad they were so helpful and at least I can see availabilty for winter. I'm still hoping points load sooner than projected to see about F&W once things go back to normal. I believe there will be little inventory for F&W since everyone will be rescheduling for then.

They (title company) received our payment on 3/18 I received an email on 3/26 saying we had closed. And it was very confusing they kept saying disney would record it in 21 days. I looked up the deed and it recorded on 3/23 so I have no idea what was the actual closing date. On 3/30 I received an email from disney saying I had an activation code to set up my DVC account online. I had no member id yet so couldn't set it up. So after reading through the disboards I decided to call MS they said they had my info but couldn't give me a club ID if I could not provide the member ID.. I told them I had not received in mail yet.. that person said to callback when I had received in mail. I called back and pressed 2 for admin and they were very helpful. They verified info about my contract and were able to provide me my member ID and club ID. They also said points usually take 2-3 weeks to load from the date disney sends email with activation code... but that they are behind due to ppl working remote and that points would more than likely load in 3-4 weeks. I'm glad they were so helpful and at least I can see availabilty for winter. I'm still hoping points load sooner than projected to see about F&W once things go back to normal. I believe there will be little inventory for F&W since everyone will be rescheduling for then.
I guess there is no consistent timetable. We have not received an activation code yet. Our deed was also recorded on the 23rd and we got an email from our title company on the 25th.

We are in the same boat. Deed recorded on 3/17. Disney created the contract without points on our existing account on 3/27. I called on the 30th when I saw the contract loaded with 0 points (not yet knowing that they did this on the 27th) and they told me it would take 3-4 weeks to get the points loaded.

If they are loaded into your account, then you will see them on the dashboard and can use them to book...providing you have the ability to get into your DVC account!
So, does that mean that we won't have to "add a new member number" to our dashboard and that info will just show up? We believe our resale purchase is titled exactly as our direct purchases are (though, the direct purchases were re-titled to a trust after initial purchase). We have an additional member number now, presumably because of a different use year. We have had no trouble getting into our existing account, but I have not been able to view the new member number or points associated with that number (yet!)

So, does that mean that we won't have to "add a new member number" to our dashboard and that info will just show up? We believe our resale purchase is titled exactly as our direct purchases are (though, the direct purchases were re-titled to a trust after initial purchase). We have an additional member number now, presumably because of a different use year. We have had no trouble getting into our existing account, but I have not been able to view the new member number or points associated with that number (yet!)

My purchases that were new UYs were loaded by Disney. I didn’t have to do anything!

Mine from 3/12 deed recording just loaded today. No points though. took way longer then usual.
Three weeks for the contract to show up and then according to reports in this thread they are estimating another 3-4 weeks before points?! That’s a crazy slow turnaround ☹️.

I just got the email activation code today. Was able to call and get the customer code or whatever it’s called. No points though as expected. Also reselling site sent me the details as well. Actual closing was 3/19 and recorded on 3/23.

Update: After calling MS and being informed my Title Company never sent over the recorded deed, everything was rectified in two days with them sending my activation code. I still had to call MS to get my Member ID and Club ID #'s but that was to be expected at this point.

I will say, Carol in Member Activation department was fantastic to work with. Now I just have to wait for points to populate in my account, which should have happened already.

I'm not one to slander a business, but First American did not earn any points in my book on this transaction.

I closed in late 2019, never got any physical mail. I got an activation code by email, and then I had to call to get my member number/contract number.

Update: After calling MS and being informed my Title Company never sent over the recorded deed, everything was rectified in two days with them sending my activation code. I still had to call MS to get my Member ID and Club ID #'s but that was to be expected at this point.

I will say, Carol in Member Activation department was fantastic to work with. Now I just have to wait for points to populate in my account, which should have happened already.

I'm not one to slander a business, but First American did not earn any points in my book on this transaction.
Thanks for the update and glad it got sorted out for you! Unfortunately, I see a phone call to member administration in my near future. We are only a little over a week past having our deed recorded, but I have this nagging fear about two things: that our new contract will match up to our existing membership and show up in our account (even though it shares the same UY and is titled the same) and that the CM furloughs may delay all of this “indefinitely.” What a completely different world it was when I first placed my offer on this contract ☹️. Now I just want assurance that I will get what I paid for in a timely manner.

An update for anyone interested in the current timetable—I spoke with member administration today and the CM told me they were not expecting to be effected by the furloughs. She reiterated that I should expect my new contract to show up in my account within two weeks of them receiving it (which is later this week for me) and that points are not loading until an additional four weeks after that. She was very pleasant but the news was not what I wanted to hear ☹️

An update for anyone interested in the current timetable—I spoke with member administration today and the CM told me they were not expecting to be effected by the furloughs. She reiterated that I should expect my new contract to show up in my account within two weeks of them receiving it (which is later this week for me) and that points are not loading until an additional four weeks after that. She was very pleasant but the news was not what I wanted to hear ☹
This unfortunately seems accurate. I got an email exactly 2 weeks after closing with activation code. I’m waiting for points to load now. The person I talked to after getting activated sounded exhausted and said it’s taking 3-4 weeks now for points to load as well.

This unfortunately seems accurate. I got an email exactly 2 weeks after closing with activation code. I’m waiting for points to load now. The person I talked to after getting activated sounded exhausted and said it’s taking 3-4 weeks now for points to load as well.
Closing or once the deed was recorded? I’m sure they’re all tired. Can’t imagine the calls they’re dealing with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter